What rotation do you think we are getting?

What rotation do you think we are getting?

• Total voters
Every year, usually after Worlds, Pokemon rotates out an amount of sets to keep the game from going stale, making it more accessible to newer players, and of course to make more money off of the newer sets. The tradition used to be to rotate four sets every year, but this has been shaken up quite a bit the last few seasons. Last year we had a midseason rotation to keep the game from turning into a donkfest.

Because of the inconsistency lately, we do not know for sure, but there seem to be three most likely options. Which of these do you think is most likely to happen?

Black & White on - Perceived by many as the "cleanest" option. It gives us the format the Japanese currently play under, and it clears up all the confusion on the rulings and errata's concerning Trainer-Items, Supporters, Stadiums, etc, as well as Poke-Powers, Poke-Bodies and Abilities. It also gets rid of every card involving the Lost Zone in some way, including Lost Remover. This card has recently been reprinted as Enhanced Hammer, which could indicate they want to keep that effect in the game, but not the Lost Zone mechanic.

Call of Legends on - The very disappointing Call of Legends set is actually a block on its own, and rotations tend to go in blocks. It contains quite a lot of reprints, including some very interesting consistency cards such as Professor Oak's New Theory, Sage's Training and Roast Reveal Ninetales.

No rotation - The above rotations would give us only 5 or 6 sets to work with at the start of the season, about as much as we had available during Nationals and Worlds in this one (the midseason rotation cut out 7 sets). It can be argued that a bigger cardpool is good for the format. However, keep in mind that we'll get more sets as the season goes on.

Next Destinies on - What vaporeon thinks.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Lol at the Next Detinies rotation, it would be something more than a bold move from nintendo, I mean seriously we'd end up with so little to play around it'd be ridiculous .___.
(not to mention the huge money loss it would mean to them).
Back on topic I think BW-on is a reasonable scenario considering it's Japan's current format after all and pretty much all of Mekkah's statements in the OP. The only thing that could make me think we'd be getting CoL-on is the issue of the special dark and metal energies, since the current sets clearly focus more on the use of these types, but other than that I have no other reasons to think it'll rotate that way .-.

I expect BLW-on but hope for COL-on, mostly because I want PONT and Dual Ball in format and hate change. But BW-on seems to produce interesting decks in Japan so maybe it is actually better, I don't know.

No rotation would be a different kind of fun. Ho-oh EX plus Lugia LEGEND!!!

I haven't been playing the game as long. I guess my question would be, have they ever rotated so that Japan's format and North America's format were different? If no, then it's obviously going to be BW-on. But if they have, we could see any of the others.

Maaf

Let's go for Nanar sweep
is a Contributor Alumnus
Japan's and rest of the world's as been different for a long time now. Last year format was MD-on when Japan was already in HGSS-on for example.

Secretly hoping for a no rotation, as it would be really fun. Otherwise, BW-on.

As most of you predicted, BW-on is what it's going to be!

Changes to the Play! Pokémon Modified format for the 2013 tournament season have been announced.

Effective: 9/1/2012

In the interest of maintaining a healthy tournament environment, Pokémon Organized Play removes older sets from the Modified format at the beginning of each new tournament season. Each rotation challenges existing players to create new strategies while enabling new players to get into Organized Play with a minimal investment.

The 2013 season will be starting on July 9th so that players can get an early start on working towards the 2013 Pokémon World Championships, but in order to avoid confusion we will rotate sets on the more familiar date of September 1st.

The 2012 Pokémon World Championships being held on August 10th–12th in Waikoloa, Hawaii, will use the 2012 format and rules as are currently listed.

The Modified format for the 2013 season will consist of the following expansions:

Black & White

Black & White—Emerging Powers

Black & White—Noble Victories

Black & White—Next Destinies

Black & White—Dark Explorers

BW Trainer Kit

McDonald’s Collection

Black Star Promo Cards BW01 and higher.

In addition, future Pokémon TCG sets will become legal as they are released, per the Pokémon Organized Play Tournament Rules.

Link: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/op_2013_format_rotation-2012-06-15/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)