What UU pokemon are least common BUT have potential?

That Zangoose just isn't that good imo. You need STAB or shit like Weezing and Milotic will beat you. Ghost/Fighting is good when complemented with a STAB move, not when neither is your STAB.
Yea, I see what you're saying. Most of my teams are usually prepared for those kind of things. Although I can't say that, that's never happened to me before, lol.

I'd say Magneton is a bit uncommon and underrated. People see a Magneton and switch in something that Magneton can outspeed and OHKO, namely Milotic.

Another poke I find a bit uncommon, but a bit overrated, is Magmortar. I see Magmortar so many times in UU. My opinion: It sucks. There's a reason why it's NU, and it's not because it can sweep teams.

Okay, lets see, what else... Weezing. I never see Weezing anymore. Weezing has the ability to switch into so many physical attackers, but I think the reason he isn't used as much is the simple fact that Milotic completely destroys it.

This is how I feel abut that matter at hands.

My favourite under rated UU is Kangaskhan with the following set.

Kangaskhan@Choice Band
Trait: Scrappy
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Adamant Nature

-Return
-Hammer Arm/Low Kick
-Sucker Punch
-Earthquake

Being able to fire off STAB CB Returns will hurt anything that doesn't resist it, Hammer Arm is good for a strong fighting move off the bat, but the speed decrease is a bit of a put off, so you could use Low Kick there instead. Sucker Punch is a good priority move to use that can kill ghosts like Mismagius who try to attack you, and Earthquake is good for coverage.

I have no idea if this will work so bear with me. It's pretty out there:

Porygon-Z @ Starf Berry
Adaptability
- Substitute / Endure
- Recycle
- Recover
- Tri-Attack

Keep subbing until your berry activates. The when its been activated you will receive a random +2 boost to either Atk, SpA, Def, SpD or Spe. Then you keep recycling which will keep activating the berry. When your sub breaks recover and sub again. Once your out of PP for recycle or subsitute the you sweep with tri-attack. The only problem is Ghost type Pokemon...

Alternatively you can endure, recover, recycle.

Does it sound like it could work?

Porygon-Z @ Starf Berry
Adaptability
- Substitute / Endure
- Recycle
- Recover
- Tri-Attack

Keep subbing until your berry activates. The when its been activated you will receive a random +2 boost to either Atk, SpA, Def, SpD or Spe. Then you keep recycling which will keep activating the berry. When your sub breaks recover and sub again. Once your out of PP for recycle or subsitute the you sweep with tri-attack. The only problem is Ghost type Pokemon...

Sorry to rain on your parade, but Porygon-Z is BL.

Porygon-Z @ Starf Berry
Adaptability
- Substitute / Endure
- Recycle
- Recover
- Tri-Attack

Hell yes that sounds cool. Mind if I use it sometime?

ANYWAYS, I haven't seen any Scythers that EndureSalacReversal at all really, but it worked wonders for me. After scouting and getting rid of priority users, this thing can SWEEP. It destroys things like Registeel, and other Physical walls like Tangrowth. Kinda...I think....

My favourite under rated UU is Kangaskhan with the following set.

Kangaskhan@Choice Band
Trait: Scrappy
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Adamant Nature

-Return
-Hammer Arm/Low Kick
-Sucker Punch
-Earthquake

Being able to fire off STAB CB Returns will hurt anything that doesn't resist it, Hammer Arm is good for a strong fighting move off the bat, but the speed decrease is a bit of a put off, so you could use Low Kick there instead. Sucker Punch is a good priority move to use that can kill ghosts like Mismagius who try to attack you, and Earthquake is good for coverage.
This is the first set on the analysis.

Isn't Sucker Punch kind of counter-productive with Scrappy? You don't really need a Dark move if you have an unresisted STAB Return. Also I can't think of anything you'd need to hit with Earthquake over Hammer Arm. I'd run LO and replace those moveslots with Wish/ Yawn/ Protect/ Counter or something.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
This is the first set on the analysis.

Isn't Sucker Punch kind of counter-productive with Scrappy? You don't really need a Dark move if you have an unresisted STAB Return. Also I can't think of anything you'd need to hit with Earthquake over Hammer Arm. I'd run LO and replace those moveslots with Wish/ Yawn/ Protect/ Counter or something.
Sucker Punch provides priority, something that Kangaskahn needs to pick off faster Pokemon. I prefer SubPunchkahn to a CB set - Sub/Return/Focus Punch/Sucker Punch. Powerful, and a pain to fight.

One Pokemon I'm surprised I don't see more of is Slowbro - the best Physical wall in UU if you ask me. Although it's not exactly rare, I'm surprised I don't see it more often. Completely shuts down Fighters and comes with great support options like T-Wave, a huge movepool, and reliable recovery to boot.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Choiced Sucker Punch is just horrible in my opinion. Probably better to replace it with Aqua Tail so you kill Rhyperior with it.

Sucker Punch provides priority, something that Kangaskahn needs to pick off faster Pokemon. I prefer SubPunchkahn to a CB set - Sub/Return/Focus Punch/Sucker Punch. Powerful, and a pain to fight.

One Pokemon I'm surprised I don't see more of is Slowbro - the best Physical wall in UU if you ask me. Although it's not exactly rare, I'm surprised I don't see it more often. Completely shuts down Fighters and comes with great support options like T-Wave, a huge movepool, and reliable recovery to boot.
Meh, I see the usefulness, a lot moreso with the Subpunch set.

Rotom (normal one) could also be added to the list. I haven't seen it too often, which is weird seeing as it is pretty darn decent...just using something like this:

Rotom@expert belt
modest/timid
252speed/252spec.atk/4hp
-Shadow ball
-Discharge
-Thunder wave/will o wisp
-Substitute

Rotom (normal one) could also be added to the list. I haven't seen it too often, which is weird seeing as it is pretty darn decent...just using something like this:

Rotom@expert belt
modest/timid
252speed/252spec.atk/4hp
-Shadow ball
-Discharge
-Thunder wave/will o wisp
-Substitute
huh?
Rotom is around 10% usage and the only reason it's not higher is because it suffers competition from Mismagius and Spiritomb, each of which fill different niches.
the set you're using is like a status platform with Substitue; if you're using Discharge I'd imagine that Will o Wisp would be far superior to Thunder Wave.
I've actually used a similar Mismagius set, with Sub/W-o-W/Shadow Ball/Thunder Wave that was pretty fun as a lead.

Porygon-Z @ Starf Berry
Adaptability
- Substitute / Endure
- Recycle
- Recover
- Tri-Attack

This is actually an interesting idea, but there's three problems.

1) Recycle isn't on Shoddy, so any testing will be Wifi only.

2) Is this not similar to an Accupressure moveset? The only difference is (I think) that Accupressure includes Evasion? IDK.

3) This moveset is much more suited to Porygon Z's much bulkier brother, Porygon2. Porygon Z is pretty much already set up to sweep anyway.

This is actually an interesting idea, but there's three problems.

1) Recycle isn't on Shoddy, so any testing will be Wifi only.

2) Is this not similar to an Accupressure moveset? The only difference is (I think) that Accupressure includes Evasion? IDK.

3) This moveset is much more suited to Porygon Z's much bulkier brother, Porygon2. Porygon Z is pretty much already set up to sweep anyway.
I'd like to agree, but for part2, there's another reason why acupressure is better. Acc.press can be used at full hp, meaning that you'll be less likely KO'd, compared to the 1/3rdhp of the berry...

This torment bastiodon set is pretty much exactly the same as tormentran, but better. He should be at least UU...

TORMENTDON
Bastiodon@ Leftovers
252HP/4 Def/ 252Sp.def
Calm Nature (+Sp.Def,-Atk)
- Torment
- Protect
- Substitute
- Roar/Swagger/Toxic/Taunt

This torment bastiodon set is pretty much exactly the same as tormentran, but better. He should be at least UU...

TORMENTDON
Bastiodon@ Leftovers
252HP/4 Def/ 252Sp.def
Calm Nature (+Sp.Def,-Atk)
- Torment
- Protect
- Substitute
- Roar/Swagger/Toxic/Taunt
Taunt Bait. Setup fodder for things like Mismagius. At least Heatran can threaten to screw over some things with Lava Plume and force a Burn to help stall out. Overall, I don't see this as a good set at all.

Then again, most UU pokemon don't run taunt unless as a lead and bastiodon can roar mismagius away as it tries to set up or break the sub (HP fighting off mismagius is only a 4hko in a sandstorm).

Then again, most UU pokemon don't run taunt unless as a lead and bastiodon can roar mismagius away as it tries to set up or break the sub (HP fighting off mismagius is only a 4hko in a sandstorm).
Don't forget that Missy may not necessary run Sub, and it may be using Taunt in that slot instead. Also, there are several non leads that may run taunt, such as SD Drapion, SD Toxicroak, etc.

I'd like to agree, but for part2, there's another reason why acupressure is better. Acc.press can be used at full hp, meaning that you'll be less likely KO'd, compared to the 1/3rdhp of the berry...
Except out of the Acupressure users, only Dodrio has access to recovery. Sure, if you could use Acupressure instead of Recycle, that would likely be the better moveset (especially if augmented with, say, Leftovers), but that isn't the case.

I'm agreeing that this would be more suitable on the bulkier Pory2, who also has the distinction of not being banned from UU, which this subforum is dedicated to.

I tried a Magneton with Sub/ Magnet Rise/ TBolt/ HP Fire because it seemed like a nice counter to most Venusaur and Milotic. I was seriously .... unimpressed. I found it was simply just trapping Steels, of which HP Fire does suprisingly little damage. It's neutrality to Water and sub par SpD didn't help when switching into Milo either. Underated and underused, yep, but I don't think it's found the best way to be utilised yet.

Shuckle. I know it's a weird choice, since it's NU tier, but the ability to help out UU stall teams is amazing. Plus, here's a Shuckle combo i made up using his pitiful speed:

TRICK ROOM SHUCKLE
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Impish
Ability: Sturdy (I know it seems weird, but my friends don't use clauses for battles)
EVs: 4 HP/252 Def/ 252 Sp. Def
Moves: Power Trick, Gyro Ball, Rest, Rock Slide

The only con with this shuckle is its pitiful hp. I am sure Game Freak made Shuckle like this so it couldn't use 101 hp substitutes while gaining a free turn to use Power Trick. Then Shuckle would SWEEP the competition away! But another use for my Gyro Ball set is facing a Special Attacker with Sandstorm in play since Power Trick doesn't affect Sp. Attk/Def. This is why I would have Claydol as a partner.

I'm sure that this was likely mentioned before but SubCharge Lanturn:

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 52 HP/
252 SpA/ 172 Spe/ 32 SpD
Modest nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Subsitute
- Charge Beam
- Surf/Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

52 HP EVs allow Lanturn to create 101 HP subs while max+ special attack is basically a given since this Lanturn is more offensive. 172 speed allows Lanturn to outrun LO Tank Milotic and everything below it, including Torterra. 32 SpD gives Lanturn better special bulk to help him switch easier. Thanks to Lanturn's unique typing, he can easily set up on 2/3 of the common F/W/G core. Hydro Pump can be used over Surf for extra power but the reliability of Surf tends to be more useful. This Lanturn is also one of the few special attackers who can defeat Chansey one-on-one thanks to his 101 HP subs. He pairs well with those who can provide him Wish support and those who can defeat grass types of the F/W/G core.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)