Ability: Analytic
Level: 5
EVs: 240 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Mag covers flying and water spam problems like levi said. Not much else to be said other than its cute and is speedy. Also more ways to deal with fairies and a foongus switch in is nice.

Last edited:

Star

is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis the defending RU Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OGC & Tour Head
All of these choices are god awful. Ledbya would actually be a better choice than any of these but it still sucks. You have no ground resists and are literally 6-0d by fletch and scarf dril.

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LC Leader
Of the three submitted, scarf mag is the best.

Scarf chou would have been slightly better imo

Last edited:

Holiday

on my best behavior
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
All of these choices are god awful. Ledbya would actually be a better choice than any of these but it still sucks. You have no ground resists and are literally 6-0d by fletch and scarf dril.
I'd put Archen on the list but you didn't submit a set sadface

Holiday

on my best behavior
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Congrats to ItzViper482 and his win with Magnemite! The actual last was Fletchling to complete a truly offensive (and apparently bad :c) team!

Week 8

Gothita @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 240 SpA / 28 SpD / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Croagunk @ Eviolite
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 124 Def / 188 SpA / 196 SpD
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Wave
- Vacuum Wave
- Shadow Ball

Larvesta @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 76 HP / 156 Def / 236 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Morning Sun

Archen
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 132 HP / 180 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Stone Edge
- Roost
- Defog

This team revolves around two potent sweepers in Swords Dance Pawniard and Nasty Plot Croagunk. Gothita traps the Fighting-types that can maim Pawniard, while Pawniard itself is the primary wincon due to the power it packs after a boost. NP Gunk catches a lot off guard and can beat pretty much all Fighting-types in the tier bar ZHB Cham, Scrags, and EQ Gunk. Larvesta provides burn support and a pivot, and Archen is the team's mixed Fletchling switch-in.

But... What's Their Last?

Last edited:

Drilbur @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

This team needs an electric check and a rock setter so drilbur is a great option. Also It have a good offensive presence with swords dance + stab or rock slide for flying types.

Star

is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis the defending RU Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OGC & Tour Head
Sash Diglett because LO diglett literally ohkos all 5 of those mons LOL. Also gives volt switch help and sr

Diglett @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

Would have gone Onix but yeah LO dig ruins this team and I really fucking hate Sun.

Hippopotas @ Eviolite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 132 HP / 20 Atk / 132 Def / 180 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Tomb

Rocks and an electric resist, and as I said it can get rid of sun which can be a problem if the oppo actually plays it properly. It also gives something that can come into Diglett after it kills something. Really underrated mon imo.

EDIT: just realised this thing synergieses really shittily with Larvesta but W/E

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Trapinch @ Berry Juice
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 156 HP / 36 Atk / 236 Def / 76 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Feint
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

when LO Dig literally 6-0's you off the bat, what do you do? do you add a mon diglett can switch out of?

Trapinch here switches into Diglett following the inevitable KO it gets on one member of this team and proceeds to remove it entirely. The team has switchins to the threats that would then proceed to come in on Trapich (Larv for Snivy, Croagunk for Corphish, etc.) and countertrapping Diglett would be a massive boon to this team. Not to mention, Trapinch can also help remove Pokemon that threaten Pawniard's sweep by limiting Ponyta and breaking Abra's sash when necessary. It adds an Electric immunity as well, which helps severely limit the potential of opposing Magnemites and, in conjunction with Croagunk, especially limits Chinchou.

Last edited:

Lea Thompson fucked a duck (Porygon) @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 196 Def / 156 SpA / 156 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

I think it's fairly obvious that this team lacks a lot of important checks. Notably, you lack reliable Diglett, Porygon, Abra, Drifloon, Gastly, Magnemite, Archen, Chinchou, Ponyta, Snubbull, Carvanha, Omanyte, Skrelp, Staryu... A LOT of big threats. You know what deals with literally all of those things? Porygon. Now, my uncle is a chiropractor, so I know what quacks look like. Porygon, despite its state of being a virtual duck within a virtual game, is not a quack. It is, as a matter of fact, the best fit for this squad. Plus, Howard the Duck is the only worthwhile Marvel hero. Did you know that Howard the Duck was the first Marvel theatrical release after the Captain America serial? Howard the Duck, or Howard: A New Breed of Hero, as it was branded in the UK (UK stands for United Kingdom but it also accurately describes the country when pronounced phonetically- try it out and see!), came out in 1986, a whopping 42 years after Captain America! Despite Howard's lack of critical and commercial success, it gained a cult reputation in later years. The cast and crew had varying degrees of success after the film. Lea Thompson, who played Howard's (human) love interest in the film (and it should be noted that Howard has a wife and little duck children) went on to have such success as to star in the prestigious and universally-beloved films I Was a 7th Grade Dragon Slayer and Casual Sex? Note the question mark in the latter. It is a commentary on the ambiguity of modern culture. Tim Robbins, who played Phil Blumburtt, a Good Will Hunting (which is what I call it when I euthanize the homeless)-esque janitor who pretends to be a scientist who can return Howard to his beloved Duckworld, went on to a less impressive career, relegated to roles in lightly-regarded films such as Top Gun and Mystic River. The man who voiced Howard, Chip Zien, went on to be featured prominently in Tim Burton films like Beetlejuice and Ed Wood, although the general consensus for this is that Tim Burton is so coked up that he thinks that Chip is, in fact, a real duck. The executive producer of the film, a certain Mr. George "Georgie, or Georgina to those who have the pleasure of seeing him in drag, Lucas" Lucas, went on to do some impressively retarded shit, including, but not limited to: making a fourth Indiana Jones film with old Harrison Ford pretending to be young Indiana Jones, giving me a chronic headache whenever I hear the words "Jar, "Jar," or "Binks," selling the fucking Star Wars franchise like an absolute moron, and making the Star Wars holiday special, wherein: Chewbacca has a family for whom he does not care to the extent that he actually named his son, I fuck you not, "Lumpy," because that name does not carry cancerous connotations, the music is not John Williams, Princess Leia is preachier and more obnxiousier than normal, and, lest we forget, actually canonizing Chewbacca's family, for whom he cares so much that they are never mentioned again. What the fuck did I just write?

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LC Leader
Can I submit Berk's trapinch but with sr > superpower?

nvm trapinch sucks

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)