When Latinos Collide! An OU Warstory by ReyScarface and Mizuno

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Hello Smogon users! We are ReyScarface and Mizuno, you may know us or you may not, but that doesnt matter at all. The reason of this thread is to show you guys one of the best matches we have played. This happened for a Tournament called the Ultimate Cup, so you can imagine how nervous everyone is before the battle starts xD. This battle was long, had prediction, and long term thinking, so I think you will enjoy it. With nothing more to add, we just want to say, thanks for opening this thread and we hope you like this warstory!
PS: The warstory is 51 turns long, so prepare yourself!

The teams are going to be posted before the battle, so you guys can think alongside with us while the battle happens. Keep in mind, though, that we didnt have idea of the other's team.

Mizuno's Team:

ReyScarface's Team:

Now to the battle!

Rules:
Evasion Clause
Freeze Clause
OHKO Clause
Sleep Clause
Soul Dew Clause
Species Clause
Strict Damage Clause
Timed Battle

Join/Part messages are going to be removed, as well as some comments.
Leftovers and Sandstorm damage will be ommited.
ReyScarface's comments will be the ones in black.
Mizuno's comments will be the ones in red

The following pokes have Leftovers:

Mizuno - Zapdos, Bronzong.
ReyScarface - Zapdos, Swampert, Scizor.

Mizuno sent out Flygon (lvl 100 Flygon ?).
ReyScarface sent out Roserade (lvl 100 Roserade ?).

Alright here we go. The battle starts, and im nervous as fuck. One of the last things I like to face as a lead is Flygon, because it leaves my sash unable to be used. Now im against the wall, I wont certainly know what set the Flygon is running. Since I'm a very big gimmick player, my Roserade carries the always unexpected HP Ice, so I can OHKO that pesky Flygon. My main problem here is Mizuno can, and I'm pretty sure he will, use U-turn, making HP Ice a horrible choice of attack. I'm going to use the less-risky Sleep Powder to get the Flygon if it stays or anything else that may switch in after a U-Turn.

Roserade huh? Well I have nothing to take sleep reliably, so might as well deal as much damage as possible now. Earthquake has about ~50% to OHKO, and so has Roserade with Leaf Storm unless it is Specs or Modest.

Flygon used Earthquake.
Roserade lost 100% of its health.
Roserade hung on using its Focus Sash!
Roserade used Sleep Powder.
Flygon fell asleep!

- 100% - Sleeping
- 1%

Ah, he decided to go with Earthquake. This means he has nothing reliable to take Sleep Powder, but I dont know a lot more. His Flygon can be either CB, Lefties (lol) or even Scarf, which is something I dislike. Im pretty sure he wont stay in, so the better move here is to go ahead and get Toxic Spikes in to weaken Mizuno's sweepers.

Well at least now I can be pretty sure it runs Toxic Spikes, which probably means this is a defensive/stall team, which can be really troublesome for this team. Time to get rid of this evil thing.

Mizuno switched in Tyranitar (lvl 100 Tyranitar ?).
Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
A sandstorm brewed!
Roserade used Toxic Spikes.
Toxic Spikes were scattered around the foe's team!
The sandstorm rages.
ReyScarface's Roserade fainted.
6-5 (Mizuno Up)

- 100%
- Fainted

And another great move from Mizuno. He brings the reliable Tyranitar, only letting me get 1 layer of Toxic Spikes, while still having 100% HP. This is not looking good right now, so I better start playing better. Swampert looks like a nice choice here, because it threatens Tyranitar with an Earthquake, but my priority now is to get Stealth Rock up.

My rustiness shows up a bit here. While it might look like a smart move here, I should not have been so concerned with Toxic Spikes considering the only Pokemon I have that are affected by it are Mamoswine and Tyranitar. I should have kept Flygon in to reduce the number of remaining sleep turns or maybe even wake up, or go to Bronzong and get Stealth Rock up.

ReyScarface switched in Swampert (lvl 100 Swampert ?).
Mizuno switched in Bronzong (lvl 100 Bronzong).
Swampert used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
The sandstorm rages.

- 100%
- 100%

Hmmm, Bronzong. It cant really threaten Swampert, and im thinking he will get his rocks up right now, so bringing in Zapdos looks like a safe switch, threatening Zong with Heat Wave and the possibility of Substitute to take an Explosion.

I get a chance to set up Stealth Rock against Swampert, who can't touch me and I can Explode on it if needed, since my team doesn't really like Swampert at all.

ReyScarface switched in Zapdos (lvl 100 Zapdos).
Zapdos is exerting its pressure!
Bronzong used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
The sandstorm rages.

- 100%

- 100%

Everything goes as expected, we both have SR up, and Mizuno is up in the score, I have Toxic Spikes up though, which means it will be harder for Mizuno to sweep thanks to possible 18% damage to his sweepers per turn. I have a little trick though, my Zapdos is the super amazing Substall set, which is a very underrated set IMO. I expect either Tyranitar, Flygon switching or Bronzong exploding, so definitely Substitute is the best move to do.

Well Bronzong can't do much to Zapdos and I don't want to Explode on Zapdos since my other team members have a good chance against it. I got Stealth Rock up so that's what matters, time to deal as much damage as possible.

Tyranitar was poisoned!
Tyranitar was poisoned by the Toxic Spikes!
Pointed stones dug into Tyranitar.
Tyranitar lost 12% of its health.
Zapdos used Substitute.
Zapdos lost 25% of its health.
Zapdos made a substitute!
The sandstorm rages.
Tyranitar is hurt by poison!

- 75% - Poisoned
- 75% - Substitute

Just as planned, Tyranitar comes in to scare my Zapdos away after a Heat Wave or Thunderbolt. Unfortunately for Mizuno I got a substitute up, which means I can get some residual damage on Tyranitar before switching out.

Yeah, I was kinda expecting that. SubRoost Zapdos has proven to be a real pest, but all I can do now is break it's Sub and deal as much damage to it as I can. SR and Sandstorm help here too.

Zapdos used Roost.
Zapdos restored 25% of its health.
Tyranitar used Crunch.
The substitute took damage for Zapdos!
Zapdos's substitute faded!
The sandstorm rages.

- 63% - Poisoned
- 100%

Im back at 100% and Tyranitar is weaker as the turns advance, thanks to that layer Roserade got before fainting. My gut tells me this is a Choice Band Tyranitar, which would make perfect sense, so the wisest move possible would be bringing in Scizor, and U-turn out to scout and get some damage in.

I don't go with Stone Edge since I don't want to risk missing, considering my health is getting lower each turn due to Toxic Spikes (and then he can stall it out).

ReyScarface switched in Scizor (lvl 100 Scizor ?).
Pointed stones dug into Scizor.
Scizor lost 12% of its health.
Tyranitar used Crunch.
It's not very effective...
Scizor lost 35% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

- 51% - Poisoned
- 59%

This confirms what I was thinking. Tyranitar actually is Choice Banded. For my fortune, Scizor has Leftovers and a very weird set made of SD and U-Turn, which I copied from my buddy Bad Ass. Right now the wisest move is to U-turn, and check out what his Scizor counter is.

Not suprised since Scizor is so common (yay me for not using it! ...... :P). At least I dealt some nice damage, so now I switch to my only safe Scizor switch in.

Mizuno switched in Zapdos (lvl 100 Zapdos).
Pointed stones dug into Zapdos.
Scizor used U-turn.
Zapdos lost 16% of its health.
ReyScarface switched in Jirachi (lvl 100 Jirachi).
Pointed stones dug into Jirachi.
Jirachi lost 6% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

- 59%
- 93%

Alright, so he has a Zapdos on his team too. Hes low at health, and I cant tell what kind of Zapdos that is, so I bring in my Scarfed Jirachi with Ice Punch to hopefully take Zapdos down, which I doubt will happen, lets see what else I can do. Zapdos is at 58% HP, and even when I have a LO Gengar that can take Zapdos down, I really dislike the idea of him having Scizor and killing Gengar after it takes down Zapdos. Swampert isnt reliable at all thanks to the possibility of HP Grass, and I cant risk Zapdos getting poisoned at this point, so Jirachi it is.

Jirachi eh? Well Zapdos doesn't really have much to fear except possible Paralysis, so this seems like a good time to recover some health and see what set Jirachi is running.

Jirachi used Ice Punch.
It's super effective!
Zapdos lost 31% of its health.
Zapdos was frozen solid!
Zapdos was defrosted!
Zapdos used Roost.
Zapdos restored 50% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

- 78%
- 93%

Lady Luck smiles for us both, as I score the 20% chance of freeze and he scores the other 20% chance of defrosting. Jirachi didnt come even close of killing the Zapdos, which is pitiful in my part. But what else could I do!
Jirachi isnt beating that Zapdos anytime soon, so I will just bring the reliable Swampert to at least Roar it away and make it eat more Stealth Rock, and it really isnt that dangerous seeing how the moves Mizuno can do are Roost, Heat Wave or Thunderbolt.

Wew...that was close! I panic a bit because of the freeze and decide to get Zapdos out of there. I need something that can take Jirachi's attack, or put me in a good position even if he switches.

Mizuno switched in Bronzong (lvl 100 Bronzong).
Pointed stones dug into Bronzong.
Bronzong lost 6% of its health.
Pointed stones dug into Swampert.
Swampert lost 6% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

- 100%
- 100%

Or that. I dislike this position because Swampert cant do anything to Bronzong, barring Roaring it. Fortunately for me, Bronzong cant also really do anything to Swampert, seeing how very few Bronzong's carry Hypnosis, and Explosion would really help me seeing how Bronzong would be a pain to get past otherwise.

Bronzong is good here because none of his team members can really easily KO 'Zong, and now I can basically disable one of his Pokemon with the following move...

Bronzong used Hypnosis.
Swampert fell asleep!
Swampert is fast asleep!
The sandstorm rages.

- 100%
- 100% - Sleeping

Ah damnit, Mizuno actually uses Hypnosis, which makes Swampert uneffective now. This is bad, but it can also be used at my benefit. Bronzong will most likely spam Earthquake right now, or maybe any other move, so im bringing in Scizor to get SDs and also Roost to have better health to take on Mizuno's team.

There we go. I like Hypnosis, even with it's low accuracy, because it can open holes in opposing teams by basically sleeping one Pokemon and...

ReyScarface switched in Scizor (lvl 100 Scizor ?).
Pointed stones dug into Scizor.
Scizor lost 12% of its health.
Bronzong used Explosion.
A critical hit!
Scizor lost 46% of its health.
ReyScarface's Scizor fainted.
Mizuno's Bronzong fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
5-4 (Mizuno Up)

- Fainted
- Fainted

Im not sure if that crit mattered at all, my guess is that it doesnt. On the other hand, I just lost a valuable sweeper and team player, which is not good at all. For my relief, his scary metallic bell is now down as well. I dont know what will switch in now, but im bringing in my reliable Zapdos, since it can take Tyranitar and Mizuno's Zapdos comfortably well.

...Exploding on another! It was nice to get Scizor out of the way, but I was really hoping Zapdos would come in instead. That would have made my life a lot easier! Now I need to switch in something that can deal with anything he sends out... He still has one unseen Pokemon, but I doubt he will send it out now considering he has been extremely careful with it and I have not revealed two of my Pokemon yet. I want to keep those two unrevealed for now so he can't prepare for them. Flygon is sleeping and is a poor choice here, since I want to take advantage of it if he switches in his sleeping Swampert and I still don't know if that Zapdos carries HP Ice or not.

Pointed stones dug into Tyranitar.

- 39% - Poisoned
- 75%

So he brings in Tyranitar, interesting choice. As of now im losing in the score, which is by no means good. Best thing I can do now that Scizor is down is to Sub up until Tyranitar goes down, leaving me at a pathetic amount of health, which means I will probably have to sac Zapdos afterwards.

So Tyranitar is the obvious choice! He won't live after this, so his main mission is to deal as much damage as possible. I am glad to see Zapdos, since that means I will at least leave it extremely crippled and an easy target for my remaining Pokemon. Things look good now, depending on his last unrevealed Pokemon.

Zapdos used Substitute.
Tyranitar used Crunch.
The sandstorm rages.

- 27% - Poisoned
- 50%

All according to the plan, lets keep on subbing!

Om nom nom.

Zapdos used Substitute.
Tyranitar used Crunch.
The sandstorm rages.

- 15% - Poisoned
- 25%

Alright, now I can finish the Tyranitar with Thunderbolt.

Tasty Sub!

Zapdos used Thunderbolt.
Tyranitar lost 13% of its health.
Mizuno's Tyranitar fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
4-4 (Tie)

- Fainted
- 25%

Tyranitar goes down, and Zapdos is left at a pitiful 25% HP, which means SR is going to make it hard for me to decide. I doubt he will bring in Flygon, so I just hope Zapdos can take a hit from whatever he will bring in.

Good job Tyranitar. Now I can try to finish this!

Mizuno switched in Lucario (lvl 100 Lucario ?).
Pointed stones dug into Lucario.
Lucario lost 3% of its health.

Ah, the dogish-like thing with a weirdass name comes in, and I really dont know what to do now. It seems that Lucario will use Extremespeed, finishing my Zapdos. I look at the shoddy window, and it tells me my Zapdos has 98 HP left. I do a quick calculation and it tells me SR does 96 damage to Zapdos. Im struggling to decide here, because Zapdos seems like a good sacrifice to bring in Gengar and do a sweep, but I feel that Zapdos will be useful later, so after thinking a lot, I go ahead and bring in Swampert.

I decide on Lucario here, thinking I want to keep Mamoswine healthy for whatever Pokemon he has left and for Jirachi.

Pointed stones dug into Swampert.
Swampert lost 6% of its health.
Lucario used Crunch.
Swampert lost 20% of its health.
Lucario lost 10% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

- 87%
- 86% - Sleeping

Alright, it used Crunch. As of now I think Mizuno thinks my Zapdos is very defensive and slow, which gives me a little aid, since Zapdos outspeeds Adamant Lucarios. Swampert comes in and barely takes damage from Crunch, so now lets just hope his Lucario will switch out fearing of a 1-2 Turn sleep to let Swampert OHKO with EQ. All that is left is hopes.

Crunch seemed like a safe bet, since I am pretty sure I am faster and he could switch in Jirachi, but at the same time didn't feel like getting a defense drop from Close Combat in case he let Zapdos die and then switched in Jirachi (would have been awesome if he had switched in that Gengar!) Risking Lucario now is dangerous and not worth it yet.

Swampert is fast asleep!
The sandstorm rages.

- 54%
- 92% - Sleeping

Mizuno switches out, not risking his Lucario at all, and brings in the yellow bird. Im still asleep, so theres not a lot to do. I think he will roost, so I will click Earthquake in case I wake up.

My only way to get rid of Swampert quickly while suffering minimal damage is Zapdos.

Zapdos used Roost.
Zapdos restored 46% of its health.
Swampert is fast asleep!
The sandstorm rages.

- 100%
- 98% - Sleeping

Grrrr, I guessed that one correctly, but sadly im still asleep, so now Ice Beam is my best bet.

So I have my Zapdos back at full health for whatever he has left, time to get rid of that pesky mud fish...thing...

Zapdos used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
Swampert lost 68% of its health.
Swampert is fast asleep!
The sandstorm rages.

- 100%
- 36% - Sleeping

Alright, Mizuno did have HP Grass, which is sad for Pert. Its sader to realize Pert slept for 4 turns, and now his Zapdos is left at 100%. Oh well, Pert you did a nice job, so its time for you to keep sleeping.

Good, now either something dies or I get to see his last Pokemon (since Jirachi can't do anything to Zapdos).

Zapdos used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
Swampert lost 31% of its health.
ReyScarface's Swampert fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
4-3 (Mizuno Up)

- 100%
- Fainted

My little and lazy marsh monster bites the dust, and I'm really against the wall now. Im facing a 100% Zapdos, a sleeping 100% Flygon, a 90% Lucario and a 100% mysterious pokemon I dont know about. On the bright side my Zapdos can come back and Roost since im pretty sure I will outspeed his Zapdos, which will let me go to 50% again.

Good, that opens up things for Lucario and Mamoswine (and even Flygon if it wakes up).

I am thinking his Zapdos has some speed considering he saved it earlier on even with 1% left, or maybe even a speed tie. If that's the case then I would be putting myself in a horrible position. His Zapdos will obviously Roost now, so time to take the offense and get rid of something else.

Mizuno switched in Mamoswine (lvl 100 Mamoswine ?).

FUCK

Mamoswine was poisoned!
Mamoswine was poisoned by the Toxic Spikes!
Pointed stones dug into Mamoswine.
Mamoswine lost 12% of its health.
Zapdos used Roost.
The sandstorm rages.
Mamoswine is hurt by poison!

- 65% - Poisoned
- 50%

This is getting worse and worse. He has a MAMOSWINE. Swampert is down. Scizor is down. Jirachi will get locked and possibly set-uped on. And Gengar cant even switch-in. Right now I need to think harder than ever. Alright, lets recap:
He has a sleeping Flygon, which Zapdos cant touch, but can outstall, Jirachi can kill with Ice Punch and Gengar with HP Ice.
His Zapdos is at 75%, has Roost, Thunderbolt, HP Grass and a last secret move, which I suspect is Heat Wave, so Zapdos can outstall it, but Gengar and Jirachi wont win.
Lucario is a bitch. Zapdos can somewhat take it on thanks to Thunderbolt, Gengar completely walls it, but Jirachi would get locked into Fire Punch, meaning Zapdos can come in, and knock out both my Gengar and Zapdos with Thunderbolt, which will cause me to lose the momentum I have been trying to get during the whole game.
Mamoswine is the last one, and the one that will possibly screw me over. Ok, Zapdos is out of the question vs Mamoswine. Gengar can take 1 Ice Shard, while killing with Shadow Ball or Focus Blast. Jirachi can get on Ice Shard, but will get OHKOd by EQ, and it can use Fire Punch, but the scenario of Lucario occurs again. Alright my decision is clear.
Mizuno will either EQ or Ice Shard, one of those is the decider. After thinking for 2 minutes, I realize the pokemon I need the less is Jirachi, and its also the one with less risk to get OHKOd. I bet Mizuno knows I will bring Jirachi and will Earthquake, but what he doesn't know, is that sacking Jirachi is the best move right now.

Good, I am in a good position to KO another Pokemon here. He has been extremely cautious with Zapdos and his last unrevealed Pokemon, and this is basically his only chance to get Jirachi in, so my move is decided...

ReyScarface switched in Jirachi (lvl 100 Jirachi).
Pointed stones dug into Jirachi.
Jirachi lost 6% of its health.
Mamoswine used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Jirachi lost 88% of its health.
ReyScarface's Jirachi fainted.
Mamoswine lost 10% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
Mamoswine is hurt by poison!
4-2 (Mizuno Up)

- 43% - Poisoned
- Fainted

Jirachi gets completely murdered by Mamoswine, and Mizuno does an awesome prediction. But right now, I know the path I need to take. First of all, taking that Mamoswine down is a MUST, and keeping Zapdos alive is as well, since it can beat his last 3. I bring in Gengar hoping I will beat his Mamoswine.

Yeah!

ReyScarface switched in Gengar (lvl 100 Gengar ?).
Pointed stones dug into Gengar.
Gengar lost 12% of its health.

With Gengar in, I just need to take down Mamoswine, so PLEASE dont switch >_<

Ah darn it, Gengar. This is bad considering I have nothing to switch into it, so my only bet to take it down is to weaken it with Ice Shard and finish it Zapdos.

Mamoswine used Ice Shard.
Gengar lost 50% of its health.
Mamoswine lost 10% of its health.
Gengar used Shadow Ball.
Mamoswine lost 43% of its health.
Mizuno's Mamoswine fainted.
Gengar lost 10% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
3-2 (Mizuno Up)

- Fainted
- 21%

As Magmortified would say, sexcellent. Mamoswine goes down, and im preparing my last plan to take the win in what seems an impossible mission. I need to act according to Mizuno's moves, and keep the momentum on my side to do so, so I have to act both conservatively and take big risks to try and confuse him.

Well taking Zapdos out will be very troublesome now, but still doable. If he doesn't carry Heat Wave, Lucario can come in and Swords Dance on it to finish the job. If it does carry Heat Wave, then there's not much it can do to Flygon. I just need to deal as much damage as I can with Zapdos and keep its Sub down.

Gengar used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
Zapdos lost 58% of its health.
Gengar lost 10% of its health.
Zapdos used Thunderbolt.
Gengar lost 11% of its health.
ReyScarface's Gengar fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
3-1 (Mizuno Up)

- 17%
- Fainted

Gengar goes down. Weakening Zapdos, which was exactly what I wanted to do. This is officially the end game, and im down 3-1. Zapdos has 25%, his has even less, but instead of going for the kill and leaving me open to Lucario killing me, I must get that roost in.

Alright, good, Gengar is gone. Now its Zapdos vs. Zapdos. Time to see which one is faster.

Zapdos used Roost.
Zapdos used Thunderbolt.
Zapdos lost 16% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

- 17% (Mizuno)
- 59% (ReyScarface)

Zapdos is now healthy, which means the plan can work. I need to get to 100% if I want to pull this though, so another Roost is a must.

Gah, I should have used Heat Wave here just to be safe. Oh well, now that I know his Zapdos is faster, I just need to keep healthy and keep his Sub down.

Zapdos used Roost.
Zapdos restored 40% of its health.
Zapdos used Roost.
The sandstorm rages.

- 67% (Mizuno)
- 100% (ReyScarface)

So we both Roost, leaving me at 100% and him at 67%. Nows the time for my secret weapon, the status move, Toxic. This will leave his Zapdos nullified, letting me Stall him out, while restoring health. Reason I dont Thunderbolt is because that he would just roost it out, without getting hit by mayor damage.

Zapdos used Toxic.
Zapdos was badly poisoned!
Zapdos used Roost.
Zapdos restored 33% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
Zapdos is hurt by poison!
Zapdos lost 6% of its health.

- 94% - Poisoned (Mizuno)
- 100% (ReyScarface)

Perfect, everything went accordingly. His Zapdos is now poisoned, and cant do a lot to my own Zapdos. Its time to start the Sub Roosting cycle.

Ah crap, Toxic. I had completely discarded that idea. This is bad since Zapdos is now doomed, but this means Flygon can come in and wake up.

Mizuno switched in Flygon (lvl 100 Flygon ?).
Pointed stones dug into Flygon.
Flygon lost 6% of its health.
Zapdos used Substitute.
The sandstorm rages.

- 93% - Sleeping
- 75% - Substitute

The sleeping dragon comes in, and will try to take my Electric bird on. First step is to roost back to max HP, and then start with the Toxic stalling. Best part of this, is that Stone Edge wont KO me, which means I can roost while he gets stalled out of Stone Edge PP. He only has 4. My goal is: Stall him out of Stone Edges.

I need Flygon to wake up and not miss with Stone Edge, which has a really good chance to bit him.

Flygon is fast asleep!
Zapdos used Roost.
Zapdos restored 25% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

- 93% - Sleeping
- 100% - Substitute

Alright, lets Toxic in case he wakes up.

Flygon is fast asleep!
Zapdos used Toxic.
But it failed!
The sandstorm rages.

- 93% - Sleeping
- 100% - Substitute

Same as before, I need to nail that Toxic in.

Flygon woke up!
Flygon used Stone Edge.
It's super effective!
Zapdos used Toxic.
Flygon was badly poisoned!
The sandstorm rages.
Flygon is hurt by poison!

- 87% - Poisoned
- 100%

So the sandy dragon wakes up, gets poisoned, and my substitute goes down. I still dont know what set he runs. Most probably is scarf, but if its band, its over. I do a quick calc, and it shows that a stalling is very possible, so lets just hope this works!

I make somewhat of a mistake here. You see, I should have switched in Zapdos and used Heat Wave to keep braking his Zapdos' Sub until Toxic KOd mine. That way Flygon could come back in with a really good chance of waking up and being able to Stone Edge without having to worry of braking a Sub and getting poisoned. Even if Flygon would have slept for another turn, he would Sub and be at 75%, which makes it easier for me to wear him down. He would either Roost after that, which means Flygon wouldn't be poisoned, or used Toxic, meaning it would be in KO range next turn. Ah well! You learn from your mistakes right?

Flygon used Stone Edge.
It's super effective!
Zapdos lost 56% of its health.
Zapdos used Roost.
The sandstorm rages.
Flygon lost 12% of its health.

- 75% - Poisoned
- 94%

Excelent. He only has 2 Stone Edges left, he hasnt missed once, but I really dont care, since it looks like my plan is working.

Right now I am hoping for the high Critical Hit rate of Stone Edge to save me, but if not then leave it weakened for Lucario, my last hope to win this.

Quote:
Flashstorm1: oh its game
I was thinking exacting the same at this point, but the reality was that the battle had just begun -insert amazing music background-.

Flygon used Stone Edge.
It's super effective!
Zapdos lost 58% of its health.
Zapdos used Roost.
The sandstorm rages.
Flygon lost 18% of its health.

- 57% - Poisoned
- 86%

Flygon is low in health now, im still in position to keep roosting, while he only has 1 Stone Edge left. I'm pretty sure I won it until...

Mizuno switched in Lucario (lvl 100 Lucario ?).
Pointed stones dug into Lucario.
Lucario lost 3% of its health.
Zapdos used Roost.
Zapdos restored 14% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

- 84%
- 100%

OH SHIT. Mizuno again does an amazing move. He brings in Lucario, which really screws up the plan I had. Not everything is lost though. Well... it is. I will have to play really damn amazingly to beat that Lucario, who will SD in my face and then proceed to leave me so damn low in HP, that Flygon will knock me down. Wait... theres a way out... it will require a fuckload of guessing, but it may pay off. First of all I need to lower that thing's HP with Thunderbolt.

This is my best chance of winning, since praying for a CH usually never works, and I would have certainly lost if I ran out of PP then. I should have done this a turn earlier to have more another crucial PP left.

Lucario used Swords Dance.
Lucario's attack was sharply raised.
Zapdos used Thunderbolt.
Lucario lost 65% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

- 18% - +2 Attack
- 100%

Eeeeef. So now I know why he used Crunch the first time. He has a JOLLY Lucario. Jolly Luke usually has Ice Punch, which really makes me sad, since I know I lost the battle. Although... if he doesnt have Ice Punch... I can possibly defeat him by Stalling his Life Orb. Alright. He has 2 attacks. The first one is coming next turn, its obvious. Now, im going to have to Roost this one, to be able to afterwards take Flygon. If he gets another SD, this can be over, so its time to think to the max.

Good. Now, I don't have Ice Punch, so my best bet against it is to use Close Combat.

shiki loves reyrey: nervous..
Blue Kirby: stone edge go
bad ass: :)
Magmortified: Rey ganna lose. Oh no!
shiki loves reyrey: **panic**
shiki loves reyrey: ;_;
Flashstorm1: funny how lucario is faster
ReyScarface: he is jolly
Flashstorm1: i suspect jolly + ice punch?
Flashstorm1: but you know rey
ReyScarface: probably
shiki loves reyrey: jolly lucario is the best
shiki loves reyrey: :)
Some background comments.

Lucario used Close Combat.
Zapdos lost 61% of its health.
Lucario's defence was lowered.
Lucario's special defence was lowered.
Lucario lost 10% of its health.
Zapdos used Roost.
The sandstorm rages.

- 8% - +2 Attack
- 89%

Amazing. Zapdos takes the +2 CC like a champ, while roosting away and being left at a pretty amazing quantity of HP. Now this is the most important decision. If I Roost and he uses CC, I win, because I will be able to take Flygon easily. If I Roost and he uses SD, though, it can be easily over, seeing how Lucario can beat me. I do a quick calc, and I decide im going with Roost. Why? Well, Lucario has a very VERY abysmal chance of OHKOing me even at +4. So Roosting wrongly means its not an auto lose, compared to Thunderbolting.

shiki loves reyrey: YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
ReyScarface: we enter mind games
Plus: yeah 50/50 right here
Flashstorm1: it was 50/50 earlier too
Blue Kirby: lol mizuno has already decided
Blue Kirby: no mind games for him

More background comments. It shows exactly what I was thinking. Its a 50/50 chance. And what Blue Kirby points out really intimidates me, because it looks like Mizuno is completely calmed and sure, while im really nervous and more prone to making a mistake.

I am pretty much sure what to do now. However, I wonder why I didn't do this a turn earlier...sigh... I guess it was more obvious now

Lucario used Swords Dance.
Lucario's attack was sharply raised.
Zapdos used Roost.
Zapdos restored 11% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

- 8% - +4 Attack
- 100%

Alright im stupid. Mizuno knew I would do this, since I have played like this all the match. Only thing left is to Roost again. As I said, CC comes close to OHKOing, but its not quite sure, so I can roost and take Flygon hopefully. Though, again, its a 50/50 chance. If Mizuno anticipates this again, and SDs, its over.

Good, I have a really good chance here. Even if I fail to KO, Flygon can come in and finish this. I can see the light!

Flashstorm1: =)
shiki loves reyrey: jfngmg
Magmortified: Rey you fool
shiki loves reyrey: NOOOOOOOOOOOO
Friar: oof
Magmortified: You deserve this loss.
shiki loves reyrey: nonononono
shiki loves reyrey: aaa
whistle: oopsy
tennisace: oof
Again, some background comments, showing what I was thinking, that the loss was inminent, but then again, calcs never lie :P

Lucario used Close Combat.
Zapdos lost 94% of its health.
Lucario's defence was lowered.
Lucario's special defence was lowered.
Lucario lost 9% of its health.
Mizuno's Lucario fainted.
Zapdos used Roost.
The sandstorm rages.
2-1 (Mizuno Up)

- Fainted
- 56%

YEAH! That worked to the perfection. Though now theres something else. Flygon is coming back in, and at 56%, im not quite sure if I will survive. Only thing to do, is to roost again, and hope for the best since this, this is his last Stone Edge.

Alright, my previous Stone Edge attacks dealt 56% and 58%. He has 56%, so my chances are great! Lets do it!

Blue Kirby: nice work mizuno
ReyScarface: not over
Blue Kirby gives well deserved props to Mizuno, he did an amazing game, but as I said, it wasn't quite over yet.

Deciding point. What will happen?

Flygon used Stone Edge.
It's super effective!
Zapdos lost 55% of its health.
Zapdos used Roost.
The sandstorm rages.

- 45% - Poisoned
- 51%

Survived by 1%. Close as hell. And Mizuno has no more Stone Edge PP. Things are getting clearer now. Zapdos is coming in, and Roosting back to max is my purpose.

Well that makes me a sad panda. Things look bad now, I wish I had that extra Stone Edge PP now! Not much to do here but switch and hope for the best.

Zapdos used Roost.
Zapdos restored 49% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.

- 63% - Poisoned (Mizuno)
- 100% (ReyScarface)

Zapdos comes in though, and even when poisoned, this will be close. Time to get a Substitute and stall him out, as I have done the whole endgame.

I have to get rid of his Subs, that's my only chance.

Zapdos used Substitute.
Zapdos used Heat Wave.
The sandstorm rages.
Zapdos lost 12% of its health.

- 51% - Poisoned (Mizuno)
- 75% (ReyScarface)

Keeping the Toxic cycle and momentum with me, everything shall go as planned.

Magmortified: Just Tbolt the fucker. >:O
ReyScarface: no
ReyScarface: he still has outrage
shiki loves reyrey: rey my heart is in my thrjaot atm
shiki loves reyrey: throat*
Explained there, I cant thunderbolt yet, I have to keep myself at high HP to take Outrage from Flygon. And Shiki, my heart is on my throat as well!

Zapdos used Substitute.
Zapdos used Roost.
Zapdos restored 49% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
Zapdos lost 18% of its health.

- 82% - Poisoned (Mizuno)
- 50% (ReyScarface)

Poison is taking a toll in Mizuno's Zapdos now. I have a substitute up, so roost is the move to do.

Zapdos used Roost.
The sandstorm rages.

- 33% - Poisoned
- 100% - Substitute

Everything goes accordingly, he will Outrage my Sub, but I will substitute again so the poison makes more damage, which was my plan since Gengar fainted.

I want to reset the Toxic counter on Zapdos and make use some more PP.

Flygon used U-turn.
Zapdos used Substitute.
But it failed!
The sandstorm rages.

Zapdos - 51% - Poisoned (Mizuno)
Zapdos - 75% - Substitute (ReyScarface)

Ack. Mizuno uses U-turn on my Substitute, meaning his Zapdos comes back. I will use Thunderbolt, since im pretty comfortable respecting HP, and I cant let that Zapdos get high back again.

Zapdos used Thunderbolt.
Zapdos lost 41% of its health.
Zapdos used Roost.
The sandstorm rages.
Zapdos lost 12% of its health.

Zapdos - 48% - Poisoned (Mizuno)
Zapdos - 75% - Substitute (ReyScarface)

Perfect, another Thunderbolt means his Zapdos is down. But this is still not over.

He plans to get rid of Zapdos, and I will let him do that as long as I can keep his Sub out.

Zapdos used Thunderbolt.
Zapdos lost 37% of its health.
Zapdos used Heat Wave.
The sandstorm rages.
Zapdos lost 11% of its health.
Mizuno's Zapdos fainted.
1-1 (Tie)

Zapdos - Fainted (Mizuno)
Zapdos - 75%

Zapdos goes down. And im very happy that I pulled this off, if you are wondering why I didnt roost back to max HP, was because im about to run out of Roost PP, and I need the exact amount to take on Flygon. So im still at 75%, and we all know crits tend to screw people over, so I just hope nothing like that happens.

I can only pray here!

Time for the last clash.

Flygon used Outrage.
Flygon went on a rampage!
Zapdos lost 53% of its health.
Zapdos used Roost.
The sandstorm rages.

Flygon - 21% - Poisoned
Zapdos - 72%

Zapdos endures the Outrage, while restoring its HP, and making Mizuno's Flygon take poison damage.

Flygon used Outrage.
Zapdos lost 55% of its health.
Zapdos used Roost.
Flygon's rampage ended.
Flygon became confused!
The sandstorm rages.
Flygon lost 12% of its health.

Flygon - 9% - Poisoned
Zapdos - 67%

His rampage ends. He is confused, and Zapdos is still up. This looks very close. Mizuno needs a crit and pass confusion. Im pretty sure I got this in!

Flygon is confused!
Flygon used Outrage.
Flygon went on a rampage!
Zapdos lost 56% of its health.
Zapdos used Thunderbolt.
It doesn't affect Flygon...
The sandstorm rages.
Flygon lost 9% of its health.
Mizuno's Flygon fainted.
ReyScarface wins!
0-1

A tear of sweat drops my face all the way down my arm. I'm relieved by this outcome and happy for having this amazing game.

Outrage did 56%, which makes me even more sad. But it was an awesome game, Rey knew exactly what he needed to stand a chance and executed his end game plan perfectly. I had various chances to win this, but was not able to see them at the moment due to Rey always keeping the pressure up. Good job!

Hope you enjoyed it!

Edit: If you wonder why in the last turns the jumping sprites disappeared, its because of the No More than 100 Images per Post rule, so yeah, this was made on purpose lol.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I loved watching the battle. It was neck and neck at times, and the end was especially exciting. Not a bad warstory either!

EDIT: That's a very nice team you have there rey 8)

Wow, that was an enjoyable read. Good job on the warstory! It was a nice, hax-free battle, and was really close to!

Well done Rey. The match was exciting right down to the end. I enjoy seeing Mizuno's comments, so I know the logic behind every decision and action.

I would give it 5*, but I need to get a badge first :P

this is how warstories should be. intense longterm thinking from way before the end of the battle. <3333333333 rey!

"32098709123470982134/10"

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
There is one thing that needs to be said: *****

Amazing job guys, mizuno got a bad dmg roll but props on fighting like you did Rey.

Warstory archive material IMO. Great battle and very smart players.

I think it would've been interesting if Luke would've used Crunch those two turns against Zapdos and pray for a Def drop. That could've really ruined his Zappy, though it is a long shot.

gg both

I got bored and decided to visit Stark today, and I am happy to say I didn't regret it solely because of this. Good work with the warstory.

It was an amazing battle to watch. Both sides battled their best, and it was an amazing battle. The warstory was great too. Nice job Rey and Mizuno!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)