Serious Which movie / tv show has affected you the most?

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Hey everyone,
I personally am a big movie fan and just graduated recently, so last night I got myself thinking whether there were any movies and stuff which have actually influenced my choices throughout last 4 years (basically the period I feel I have matured a bit).

Though for me it was always been related to the fact that I wanted to be an entrepreneur so the main ones have been Jerry Maguire, Social Network, Moneyball, Catch me if you can, 12 angry men, Godfather Trilogy, Usual Suspects, Glengarry Glen Ross, The Rainmaker, Mad Men and Black Mirror.

Haven't seen a thread like this, so just want to know you thoughts on this.

Growing up I watched a lot of anime, though I've dabbled in live TV as well. I had an overactive imagination so I never should have watched Goosebumps and Are You Afraid of the Dark?, which I think contributed to me being a big scaredy-cat. I also ended up watching a lot of TV soap operas throughout my adolescence because I would sit around doing homework/playing on a handheld while my mum watched them, and they caught my eye. In my adult life, the only TV shows I watched were Lost and House, but neither really had a major impact. The latest show (and likely the last) that I've watched is Gilmore Girls, which I binged throughout last fall thanks to coercion from my partner.

I'd say anime has affected me moreso: stuff like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Eva, and FLCL were crazy Gainax shit that I loved, and I grew up with Dragonball and Naruto (I know both of these declined, but I didn't want to give up on them as I aged). As I come up to 30 I have basically no free time for this shit anymore and really only watch anime to keep up my Japanese listening ability, but I'm grateful for the impact that a lot of this stuff had on my development (namely forming bonds with people, cliche as that may be).

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Sense 8 was the most stunningly sincere and affecting show mixed with some amazingly brilliant editing and the most thrilling action sequences I've ever watched.

Netflix cancelled it tho after 2 seasons cuz the budget was too much saddest day

I know people might just think that I'm posting this because this is a Pokémon forum, but Pokémon the Movie: Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction really changed the way that I handle relationships in my life. Before, I was a socially disabled autistic kid who had barely any friends and had never even held a girl's hand. After watching it, though, I realized that you really just have to go for it in life, so I bought a Diancie plushie on ebay and made it my girlfriend. Now, I get home from school and fuck the love of my life every single night.
Never underestimate the power of a good movie.

babadook left me babashook, cause i could kind resonate with the mother as well as the son, in the sense that ever since i was young death has always been quite a "prominent feature in my life" i guess, i also suffered from hallucinations (monsters, spirits, people that have passed away (i guess that could be argues that it wasn't hallucinations but that's a conversation for another time)) up until the age if 10 which led to insomnia etc etc and it sucked.

but the babadook probably left a more positive effect on my life, it showed me that you can get rid some of the bad shit in life, and looking back on the whole grief and hallucinations ordeal it's taught me to be somewhat unaffected by death as well as hallucinations. Death is 100% natural and it really shouldn't have such a negative stigma towards it imo ~

American Horror Story with Evan Peters, and so this is super weird because he was like sort of a freak but like just how much he loved those around him even through it was pretty awesome. Plus I just love his acting ability.

American Horror Story with Evan Peters, and so this is super weird because he was like sort of a freak but like just how much he loved those around him even through it was pretty awesome. Plus I just love his acting ability.
yes yes yes yes.

i love near enough everything he's in, plus he's hot asf

Dragon Ball Z and Naruto / Naruto Shippuden, both of them have had an absolutely massive effect on my life, and have gotten me through so much.

I don't watch a lot of TV but I do watch a decent amount of movies

Spongebob (1999-2004ish) is the GOAT TV show

Movies that left an impression on me (I think I teared up in all of these):
  • Holocaust movies - Schindler's List/Life is Beautiful, Night was a book but w/e it was my first true experience w/ something like this
  • Rush
  • 30 for 30: Survive and Advance - If you go into this movie with the attitude of wanting to be amazed, you will not be disappointed
  • Fearless - Saw this when I was pretty young, but it's a great growing up-themed movie
  • The Intouchables (french movie, not "The Untouchables")

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
Probably a handful of TV shows

I'd say Scrubs and Skins (UK) have had a lot of influence on me emotionally.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)