Wi-Fi Blacklist: as of December 6th, 2021

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
so you want him to give back Pokemon you willingly gave him (I'm assuming with no promise that the pokemon would be returned, that they were just given for the sake of trying to be a good person and were for keeps) and if he doesn't you expect us to BL him for that? Hate to be the one to tell you this but that's not something we're gonna blacklist him for, had he stolen these Pokemon from you there would be a case here but he didn't, you gave them to him and he turned out to be a jerk so that's on you at this point. This may sound like I'm condoning his behavior but I am in no way happy about the way he acts. If a user is seriously insulting you (not that line you quoted above) then you take it to me or one of the other mods and the warning system will take care of him but as far as the BL goes he's not being added for not giving back Pokemon you gave him presumably for keeps in the first place.

so you want him to give back Pokemon you willingly gave him (I'm assuming with no promise that the pokemon would be returned, that they were just given for the sake of trying to be a good person and were for keeps) and if he doesn't you expect us to BL him for that? Hate to be the one to tell you this but that's not something we're gonna blacklist him for, had he stolen these Pokemon from you there would be a case here but he didn't, you gave them to him and he turned out to be a jerk so that's on you at this point. This may sound like I'm condoning his behavior but I am in no way happy about the way he acts. If a user is seriously insulting you (not that line you quoted above) then you take it to me or one of the other mods and the warning system will take care of him but as far as the BL goes he's not being added for not giving back Pokemon you gave him presumably for keeps in the first place.
ok I understand that he should not be blacklisted but I simply wanted to get a mods attention and did not know what else to do. I tried talking to him but he constantly is ignoring me. I am sorry for making an unnecessary post about this. I will pm you if that would be fine.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
ok I understand that he should not be blacklisted but I simply wanted to get a mods attention and did not know what else to do. I tried talking to him but he constantly is ignoring me. I am sorry for making an unnecessary post about this. I will pm you if that would be fine.
You could try PMing one of us instead of needlessly posting here, then making another unnecessary post after that.

Hey all,

Hereby I would like to officially appeal my removal from the Blacklist.

I have been on the Blacklist now for about two months for accidentally trading a hacked Pokémon that wasn't mine. It was a big, big mistake, and I should've at least double checked. I would never ever do it again. I would've never done it in the first place if I knew about this. I didn't get a warning and was put straight on the Blacklist, while I've seen a lot of other people who have done the same and have just gotten a warning to remove the Pokémon from their threads.

I have been extremely active in the Info/Intro Hub, helping people with their questions in the Have a Question? Ask it Here! thread, and I've been continuously warmly welcoming and helping newcomers after their introductions in the Introduce Yourself! thread. I have also been helping people in the RMT section and I participated a lot in chatter and helping other people on every board in general.

People actually recognize me as nice person who likes to help out a lot, which I really love to do. A lot of times the 'Wi-Fi Blacklisted' tag even hinders me in doing stuff, like battling and of course trading. Few people didn't even want to battle me because they didn't 'trust' me because of my tag..

Once again, I know made a mistake and I can assure you it will never happen again. I'm very sorry for it and I really hope I can get a second chance. Being on the Blacklist certainly made me realize I should be more aware. I really love Smogon and I am planning to stay here for a long long time. I do not want to be labeled as a bad person, because I am not. You can ask around in the Intro Hub, people know I am a nice person. I would just like the opportunity to clear my name and participate in trades and online play again. As I mentioned earlier, I love helping people and contributing to Smogon. Whatever you decide, I will continue what I'm doing.

I PM'd Nexus about this about a week ago, but he hasn't answered yet, hence I'm asking it here.

Greetings and thanks,
Fluke

Last edited:

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm afraid the answer's a no at the moment.

We appreciate the name you're making for yourself in other parts of this site and hope you do continue on this track. But for now, none of the additional contributions you're making are pertinent to your Wi-Fi blacklisting (remorse does not count).

If you wish to be removed from the Wi-Fi blacklist, prove your trust-worthiness in relation to Wi-Fi. Help people in SQSR with Pokémon or items when required; offer suggestions to those who request them, etc.

Good luck.

I'm afraid the answer's a no at the moment.

We appreciate the name you're making for yourself in other parts of this site and hope you do continue on this track. But for now, none of the additional contributions you're making are pertinent to your Wi-Fi blacklisting (remorse does not count).

If you wish to be removed from the Wi-Fi blacklist, prove your trust-worthiness in relation to Wi-Fi. Help people in SQSR with Pokémon or items when required; offer suggestions to those who request them, etc.

Good luck.
Thanks for the reply. Though I find it more than unprofessional that Wi-Fi mods are simply ignoring me. I've been trying to get in contact with Nexus for over three weeks. People tell me he's online on both Smogon forums and IRC every day, yet he never responded to my personal messages. Same goes for Agonist. Why is that? I'm honestly curious.

But alright. Huge clog for me personally as I want to grow as both a battler and as someone who helps out others. The tag is just too humiliating.

Thanks a lot anyways,
Fluke

Last edited:

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
I have a job that requires working late into the night, and the same goes for Nexus. When I get home after working 12+ hours, listening to someone complain about how they don't want to be on the blacklist isn't very high on my to-do list, especially when that person hasn't done anything in Wifi to redeem themselves. And to be quite frank, I have better things to do in the limited amount of time I get to spend online (especially on the forums) between working and sleeping. As .com said, actually do something in Wifi to redeem yourself, and we will revisit your case in the future.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
Word of advise there Fluke, I'd suggest taking your frustrations out perhaps on our battle simulators and get active there, after all you want to be serious about competitive battling, we are too even though like Agonist, some of us have full-time jobs, etc.. Of course we take wifi blacklisting very seriously around here since the last thing we want is one of our members to get disqualified at an organized Nintendo event for something that could've easily been avoided. We've had members that had redeemed themselves and are great members of this community.

.com

Grumpy old man
Hey how can I get my name off the blacklist?
As .com said, actually do something in Wifi to redeem yourself, and we will revisit your case in the future.

.com

Grumpy old man
Removing Fluke from the Wi-Fi blacklist.

Note that your efforts in other sections of the site, as well as your recent efforts in the Wi-Fi section have been taken into account in the decision.
You will remain on the probational Wi-Fi blacklist, but will be allowed to run a trade thread here and have the Custom Title removed.

Use your second chance wisely.
Moderator edit: Don't double po... Wait...

Hi, i want to complaint about a user who i had added a few weeks ago. We battled before with no problem and we battled today again (we still had each other on the friend list). We started the battle and then he DCed. I thought it was maybe a connection problem or something like that but he reconnected 10 seconds later just to start another battle with someone else. I usually wouldnt mind but it bothered me that he didnt even give an explanation nor said sorry or anything. Anyway here's the user's profile URL :
http://www.smogon.com/forums/members/gabriel.9697/

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi, i want to complaint about a user who i had added a few weeks ago. We battled before with no problem and we battled today again (we still had each other on the friend list). We started the battle and then he DCed. I thought it was maybe a connection problem or something like that but he reconnected 10 seconds later just to start another battle with someone else. I usually wouldnt mind but it bothered me that he didnt even give an explanation nor said sorry or anything. Anyway here's the user's profile URL :
http://www.smogon.com/forums/members/gabriel.9697/
Sounds like a really weak reason to get someone on the Black List... Also, check the OP:

Don't simply report people without giving details. If this is a disconnect or battle hack accusation, tell us what you did to try to resolve this with the other party. Leaving this out will net you a warning!
Don't jump straight here complaining about something this small without first trying to communicate with the other person.

.com

Grumpy old man
Blacklisting Umdred for this impressive array.
The Adamant beldum has 31/31/31/31/31/31 for IVs and the Jolly has 30/31/29/31/31/31 for IVs

EDIT!!!: For the Adamant I accidentally put 30 for the SP Att IV, I meant to write 31
Gengar: |Shiny|Event Gengar|IV: 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Did a crap ton of soft reseting to get this)|EVs: UT|Nature: Timid|OT:OCT2014| (For Dream Rotom)
Can I trade a perfect IV Diancie for this?
Go elsewhere with your hacks.

I recently traded with the user Gelinmaster. He told me he needed some legendary Pokémon for his dex (Mewtwo, Heatran, Thundurus, Kyurem). I told him I could help out, but that I did want them back inmediately. After I traded those four he immediately disconnected. He never came back on. Now I see he is also banned from Smogon. How do I contact him? And will I ever get these Pokes back?

I recently traded with the user Gelinmaster. He told me he needed some legendary Pokémon for his dex (Mewtwo, Heatran, Thundurus, Kyurem). I told him I could help out, but that I did want them back inmediately. After I traded those four he immediately disconnected. He never came back on. Now I see he is also banned from Smogon. How do I contact him? And will I ever get these Pokes back?
That is horrible he did that to you :(. It makes me really mad. I found out he is on marriland and is online just a minute ago. You can try reporting mods there. Hope I helped!

Edit- Here is the link to his user
http://www.marriland.com/members/gelinmaster

Edit2- Looks like this mod is on.
http://www.marriland.com/members/Scrafty

Last edited:
That is horrible but I have to ask, if he wanted them for his dex, did you not arrange that he would do immediate tradebacks? Like Mewtwo for fodder, Mewtwo for Heatran, Heatran for Thundurus etc.

How awful, maybe I can help?

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
We can't really do much from our side, given that he is currently banned. As some members have pointed out, try getting in touch with him over on Marriland and/or talk to a moderator on the site.

Last edited:
That is horrible but I have to ask, if he wanted them for his dex, did you not arrange that he would do immediate tradebacks? Like Mewtwo for fodder, Mewtwo for Heatran, Heatran for Thundurus etc.
No... He told me that he needed to go out of the trade with thise Pokémon, else it wouldn't count for his Dex..

How awful, maybe I can help?
If you have one of those four with competitive natures, abilities, movesets, EVs and IVs for trade, yes..

We can't really do much from our side, given that he is currently banned. As some members have pointed out, try getting in touch with him over on Marriland and/or talk to a moderator on the site.
I'll definitely try contacting, yeah.

No... He told me that he needed to go out of the trade with thise Pokémon, else it wouldn't count for his Dex..
If you have one of those four with competitive natures, abilities, movesets, EVs and IVs for trade, yes..
I'll definitely try contacting, yeah.
I'm sorry this happened to you man, it really does suck. However, its fairly common knowledge that you get a Dex entry without leaving the trade. Were yours competitive? Were they from Gen. 6? Or RNGs/from a previous generation?

I'm sorry this happened to you man, it really does suck. However, its fairly common knowledge that you get a Dex entry without leaving the trade. Were yours competitive? Were they from Gen. 6? Or RNGs/from a previous generation?
Mewtwo was RNG'd, Heatran, Thundurus and Kyurem were SR'd... :(

Mewtwo was RNG'd, Heatran, Thundurus and Kyurem were SR'd... :(
I've been talking to the people on marriland and I'm trying to help out but I don't think we should continue posting on this thread. Just a thought please don't get upset:/

edit: I got a response from the mod on the site.

Last edited:

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
While it is unfortunate that GundamKyra may have lost his/her Pokemon, please remember the purpose of this thread. (S)he has been given advice on what to do and should follow up that way. Any more posts on the matter will be deleted and may be subject to a warning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)