Finals World Cup of Pokemon IX - Finals [Won by Team Brazil]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was totally away on this WC and last year's too, but still I want to congratulate everyone that made this happen!

I'm pretty sure that Hantsuki (Tetinha querido) will say everything about the roles of everyone that contributed, but he will not talk about a person that was, imo, the most important to achieve this: himself.
Carrying the title of Captain is not an easy thing (and I know you know this), needs lots of commitment and responsability. Few brazilians would have the capacity to do what you are doing.

E PARABÉNS PRO YAN TAMBÉM n_n

BRASIL PORRAAAAAAAAA

edit: c-c-c-c-combo breaker

edit2: not anymore, just adding this cause it's a MOJAMBO

Last edited:

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Nice job on winning the wcop Brazil. You earned it. You guys took an early lead in the finals. We tried to catch up but we were not able to pull it off. Just dont get too comfortable with that trophy since we are gonna take it back next year. ;o

Anyway, I want to give a shout out to my boys in the east. You guys are awesome. Whether its talking on skype/irc for fun or preparing for our next match, it was enjoyable. Everyone in the team is so chill. You guys are hilarious to listen to on skype. Sure I never talked that much but we shared some laughs. Lol at trying to ban du from playing league. Like that was gonna to stop him. Just wanted to thank you guys for drafting me into the team even though I was still fairly green to the tournament scene. It was fun helping bkc test in adv. I learned alot. :] Also, thanks for subbing me in on the earlier rounds. You guys showed that you believed in me and I really appreciate it. Shout out to my bud funk for tutoring me in adv. If it wasnt for him showing me the ropes, I probably wouldnt be here right now. Its been great playing for you guys. Of all of the teams here, Im glad I was able to play with east. I wasnt even upset that we lost. I would almost go so far to say that I wouldnt have it any other way, but I cant. Going through all this and winning the tie breaker for the trophy would have been so much cooler. Its fine though. I mean sure getting that trophy would have been sweet and normally I would be kinda pissed that we lost but everyone did their best. Cant really ask for more. Its been a great ride. Hope we could do this again next year!

Your friendly neighborhood adv god,
Typhlito

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I was totally away on this WC and last year's too, but still I want to congratulate everyone that made this happen!

I'm pretty sure that Hantsuki (Tetinha querido) will say everything about the roles of everyone that contributed, but he will not talk about a person that was, imo, the most important to achieve this: himself.
Carrying the title of Captain is not an easy thing (and I know you know this), needs lots of commitment and responsability. Few brazilians would have the capacity to do what you are doing.

E PARABÉNS PRO YAN TAMBÉM n_n

BRASIL PORRAAAAAAAAA

edit: c-c-c-c-combo breaker
add tangrowth to your post please :]

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
shoutout time.....

first off i'd like to say it was great officially being on the team this year, even though we didn't win. i remember back in 2011 (when i was only 11!) when we were not even predicted to get past round 1, but we did. east was my first real tournament experience, and everybody on my first year was and still is a good friend. i suppose its been 3 years since then, but hey, time flies. i'm sure all of you guys know already how i feel, but hey, shoutouts are always fun and i plan to drop a lot of names here, and by that, i mean A LOT of names haha.

nails - its been 3 years since i first met you, and man, i still can't believe you lost to ojama in 2011! haha, but really, nails you helped me a huge amount in the past few years. in fact there is no way i could have won the LC Open without your help, practicing with me, helping me, and giving me teams that you built to push through the final rounds. this year was no different and even though you left to play LoL i still remember how it was when you still played...

yondie - once again another 2011 buddy, and man, team raikou was probably the coolest thing i've ever seen in bw at the time. now that you basically managed the whole team and put so much effort in organizing and putting together a roster it really shows how much dedication you have to us winning. hopefully we'll win team pokebattle in the coming months as East v2, with you and stone as the managers of that (although i still don't know how that works lol) but damn, its crazy how time flies. like you said before, we all came in as decent players but exited as better ones, that year made us all names.

lamppost - your win was what knocked out 3-time champions oceania and i think what really propelled east into the range of stardom it is today. i mean really, there is no way we would be who we are now or have the motivation if you didn't beat pana and place us in the finals that year, even if we lost. we had a whole new team from the year before, and man, it really feels great to still have you around. same deal with LoL, and although you may never play again, i still remember you as one of the first guys to give me teams when i rolled into the chat. the metagross one in fact is still one of my favorites...

stone cold - i remember when i was first trying out for world cup and beat jabba a couple times to play for metro, but they didn't want to place me on the lineup. you messaged me and asked me if i wanted to play for east, and offered a starting spot. you heard i was some ladder legend and invited me on the team. i was really happy as i was still a nobody in the competitive scene, i had no real big friends and was unknown completely, but now i'm relatively well known and its all because of you recruiting me. i don't think i would be playing today if i didn't get selected to be on east that year, and i have you to thank for that. its always cool how you still play and innovate after all this, and i hope you sweep frontier with swanna this year once again. special shotuout to the rain team in 2012 which won us literally 10 games that world cup, i don't know how a politoed and scarf gengar got that many wins, but man it did.

tobes - you took my starting spot back in 2011, which sucked. but man it sucks that you had to lose to baton pass that year lol even though you don't play much anymore you're fucking hilarious dude. its been great having you around for the past 3 years, and hopefully you'll stick around for another. you're similar to stone in how you created a single team that absolutely destroyed and won us like 5 matches or so that year, and tobestran was one of the coolest damn things i've ever seen at the time in bw. a heatran that beats other weathers???? but really, you're a chill dude and sadly you couldn't keep the trophy bloo like many others..

bkc - when i first saw you around in 2012 i had no idea who you were. i thought you were just some dude who posted a lot of RMTS and was a team rater / ladder 24/7, and while that it is still true, you have really become a stigma in everything i do on smogon with talking in #east everyday, being on the scooters, and in general just being around. you helped me out a shit ton in tour and i never got to thank you for that. hell, i probably would not have beat soge if you didn't help me out in top 16. while i still know i choke a lot i think you helping me get further in tournaments helped me with that. i've stopped getting nervous when playing a game etc and i think that the experience w/ spl especially helped that. good luck with emily, and who knows, with you making team czech republic next year, she could play for us over you!

sinclair - fuck you you took my starting spot you dirty CUNT. baby face duck lip ass nigga tryna take over i don't think so u (BAN ME PLEASE). but really though you're a chill dude and it was nice having you on the team! you gave me that laddering team in xy which was pretty damn chill, without that team i probably never would have managed to do so well early on. come back again next year man, we'll be waiting for you.

shakeitup - why the fuck did you change your damn name? shake, you're still a lucky motherfucker and it sucks we didn't have the force of luck on our team officially this year. you made some chill HO teams in bw which somehow managed to win because people are too stupid to counter-team you, but hey, i guess thats just how it goes. but man, it as always fun chilling with you for the couple of years, and hopefully next year you'll make the choice to be on our team instead of asia because lets be honest honest, do you really think they're getting anywhere with blarajan as a captain?

badass - you've always been an honest guy through all wcops and spls, and it really showed these past couples of weeks. you always were confident in your plays and overall are one of the best players i know. while i know you won't give me any UU teams (yet) you're one of the best players across the board in all tiers. good luck at your shitty job, which you're quitting now!!!!! but i mean hey, when i blow up on youtube and start making money i'll pay for ur shit anyway (joey...). but really, you've offered great advice and are very calm and honest when it comes to this hax bullshit, god damn.

huGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - biggest tournament player since earthworm, i remember i thought (just like everybody else) that you were some (BAN ME PLEASE) who won OST off of a glitch in the matrix and a upset with DU, but now i know that all the shit people gave you was not right, as hell, i would have done the same thing!!!!! everybody values your playing and man, without you i don't think we would have won more than 2 games in XY this world cup. you're a gifted builder, and considering how much you do it idk how you don't get tired of it all. while you may be AIDS at dpp and adv, you'll go down as one of the best "new" players in all history considering your success in basically every tournament you have ever entered in. while it will suck to see 2 greyed trophies on that badgeset of yours, i think overall that you will come back strong as ever when spl / wcop come around again, and who knows? maybe you'll win tour this year, just gotta teach you dpp first...

ctc - another newcomer in a sense, ctc i had no idea who the fuck you were and though you were just like DERIA. i figured you were some shitty ladder player who used rain only and just fucked around and got a high rating because ladder was shit, but alas i was wrong....i think. ctc you may not have been as active this world cup but man you're a real chill dude, you are among the rankings of hugo teambuilding wise and playing wise, and i was downright saddened when i saw you lose to valentine in ost, and it was even worse that you lost to soge in wcop, but hey, what can you do. you're just gonna come back better than ever next year, and i'll be waiting to see you in ost and spl this time around. ctc you've been a real nigga in helping me build for the past few big tournaments like tour (which i hope you will do again) and ost. no matter how you act here, you're a great dude and a chill friend. you and masterclass really aren't that different.

aim - i thought you were some youtube random when i heard your name at first and looked you up. but alas, you are not! aim you've been a huge winner in spl and wcop, and hopefully you can continue that into grand slam and tour when they come around again. good luck in frontier as well, although we all know i'll be the winner when i challenge you. but really though, you're a chill dude and i have no idea how you can be so positive through all this, i mean damn! also, hopefully you'll be getting out of that contract soon man :] also you should play me in a game for my youtube man, that would be great!
<&oasis> wait
<&oasis> aim is a mexican???

dragonuser - quite literally, user of dragons, you annoyed the shit out of me back in the day on the ladder, fuckin starstruk,,,, but man, you've grown a lot as a player and are now regarded quite highly around here. it was great to have you around the past couple of years. i'm also still pissed how you didn't win spl, even after all i helped you with, but what can you do i suppose. while you have once again fallen to the death of LoL, hopefully you won't quit forever. i'm gonna need you around when i play for tour and ost to practice with.

august - AugustRush. when i heard you were gonna be on our team i was excited as fuck at having somebody who was just in general regarded as being great on our team. you never were disappointing and always did great whether it be dpp or bw. although now you are a convicted underage drinker, we still love you for all your flaws, and the woman you have sex with. when you marry ellen make sure that i get to be the alter boy though!

ifm - our whole team was built around you in 2011 because of how well regarded you were as a player. you made that dragspam team which was downright retarded and how i laddered it to hell. you've been around for a long time and hopefully you'll come back in action again next year after you learn xy! also shoutout to lord ifm going hard in spl and winning xy even though he didn't even play it,,, also nice aids xy weavile team god damn

gengar - one of the most beast players on the roster, it was great having somebody like you around to win every damn time. you were a champion in all regards, making quite UNREAL plays. i thought it was over vs brazil but you pulled it off very nicely with the win. it was chill having you on my spl team this year as well, and also having you on my wcop team was pretty chill. glad you left LA and came back to play for east, which hopefully we can do again next year...sad to see how we lose so close to the trophy in spl and wcop though, it'd be nice to both have a red&blue set on our badgesets.

thatsjustpeachy - shes a girl guys, don't worry. also thanks for the teams in bw ou for tour! i should have used them vs bloo instead....

jason - although we fought for a little i'm glad we're friends again and hopefully it will stay that way :] glad you could help us out near the end in wcop, and also congrats on the 4-1 record!

mizuhime -
shotuout my girl mizuhime,,,,,canadas most Blunted,,,\

typhilto - i was skeptical at first, but you're a good player and its perfectly normal to be a bit nervous in your first game, especially vs a great player like mcm. you're a chill dude and i was glad you could be on our roster this year. you tested a lot with bkc and i'm glad that you were around :]

Dekzeh - add my on PSN! Xx_PDC_xX :] :] :]

dracomalfoy - glad to see you with a trophy man, you deserve it, you really do.

jayde - u did fucking nothing god damn you!! how could my own student betray me??? no???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
I want to personally congratulate BIG DracoMalfoy on earning another impressive trophy. I would also like to take credit for starting the Brazilian takeover of Smogon when I drafted DM, Halloween, and Tiba in SPL. I am sorry east.

Just for you, Funk

Last edited:

Hill

ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day
is a Past WCoP Champion
my shoutouts:

everyone in the team: You were absolutely fantastic. I had a lot of fun while this tournament was rolling on and even made friends with half my age (hi KratosMana) (jk we were friends since he had a third of my age)

the people:

yan[sogeking] : You are my Pokémon hero. Fantastic journey on this tournament and also a great friend. This guy deserves this trophy a lot and is a really great pokémon player, one of the best brazilians all time. The last match was big but this was not his only contribution. He helped in every single tier and was there to test/teambuild with us. I hope I can play like you one day. I'm really proud of you.

Hantsuki : She is the best captain a team could have. Great player, awesome person, inspiring leader. We couldn't achieve this without you. You must be proud of yourself and the awesome record this team has under your command.

DracoMalfoy : Draco is just great at everything. Awesome Pokémon player and strong person, always helpful. We couldn't win this if you didn't join us, thanks for everything you did for the team. If Pokémon existed you would be Arceus.

Dekzeh : Great player/teambuilder, had a lot of cool ideas during this tournament. I feel sorry for this tournament dekzeh didn't play like 18 times, because he is a very enjoyable player to watch. Also, props for playing CM0102 aka the best game ever. I never really found anyone on the internet that likes it. I'm hoping to play a lot of seasons with you :D

Destiny Device : Absolutely amazing performance. Funny thing is he got very nervous before every single one of his games but proceeded to beat everyone mercilessly. Another great teammate, very helpful with testing and teambuilding. You can beat any player right now, outstanding WC.

KratosMana : Another superb player and also a great friend. This wasn't the first tournament we played together and Kratos keeps impressing me more and more year after year. It's insane how good he is despite being so young.

Blue_Star : Our trump card on finals. Despite only playing in finals, he helped us a lot through the tournament in every tier. Very good player, very knowleadgeable and very helpful. I hope you join me and dek to lose play some CM0102.

papai noel : I miss you man. It's a shame you couldn't be with us on finals but it's a well deserved trophy for you too. I hope to see you more on irc/skype and play more with you.

Sand Castle : Another strong player I've met during this WC, sand castle never stopped to help the team. I look foward to play again with you by my side.

Danilo : Our ADV beast. Great wins on R1 to ensure we were going through and thanks for all the help with adv teams. Next year I hope you can play the whole tournament with us

Kirigakure and Rurushu : Thanks for playing with us. I spoke to both of you less than the other members of the team but we won this together

Royal Flush : Nice presence on crucial moments, always with words of wisdom. Let's go to a hut and play GSC until next year y/n

Adam : Thanks for all the awesome advice with teams, movesets and how to play vs our opponents. You should be on our team and you deserve to be a champion as well. I can't see how we would get past these two last rounds without the crazy amount of help you provided to our players (this includes myself). Hope we are teammates next year.

Tiba : Thanks for supporting us and for living all these great moments with us. You are a cool guy and should be in our lineup if WCoP had the two best metagames of Pokémon (cofcoffreegscandrby).

Everyone else involved with our teams, suporting or helping: THANK YOU! It was amazing to play for Brazil and I hope I can still be helpful next year.

And sorry for my broken english :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)