CAP 4 CAP 4 - Pokedex Entry Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Since this thing doesn't look like Poison or Ground, I think it could use a little type support from the Dex entry:

"CAP4 has poisonous fluid coursing through its veins. A single drop of this fluid is toxic enough to kill thousands."

"The drill under CAP4's abdomen can spin over 500 revolutions per second. It is harder than diamond."

"CAP4 are quite useful, both on and off the battlefield. They are occasionally seen hoisting up mechanics with their long arms, mimicking a crane."

i think it has a dolphin like personality...very intelligent and playful, and thats why it helps people...

"cap4 is a consummate explorer. it constantly uses its hands to explore its environment and find new things to play with."

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
"A FIDGIT'S brain is capable of focusing on eight different actions perfectly, using each of it's hands for a seperate action."

"FIDGITS are known for driving DIGLETT and DUGTRIO out of their land using a combination of GRAVITY AND TRICK ROOM."

Well, I'm not sure if Gravity and Trick Room WOULD scare the crap out of Digletts and Dugtrio, but the concept was that the two combinations would put them in a daze, thus driving them out of their territory. However people, feel free to change the combination stuff.

"<CAP4> has its own extensive sign language, consisting over 1,500,000 different signs and symbols made with its hands. They prefer to use this language rather than using their name."

I think its pretty good. :O

In ancient myths, [CAP4] is known as a trickster that stole the powers of the gods and sealed them into its jewel. It is said to possess the ability to manipulate the wind and the earth.

Carefree and mischievous, [CAP4] may at one moment rescue a fallen comrade and in the next moment play a prank on another.

Something like

"Primitive tools utilized by wild <CaP4> are oddly similar to those made by ancestral humans. Crafty and highly intelligent, they can easily be trained to operate complex machinery. "

Or

"Crafty and highly intelligent, <CaP4> can easily be trained to operate complex machinery. Many public transport vehicles are now driven by this POKEMON. "

I'm thinking this/its possible pre-evo (By the way, for that pre-evo I suggest the parachute spider concept, with webbing between four arms forming the "parachute". Refer to this for more information. Daddy long legs aren't spiders, but this is less of a breach of common sense than giving it wings to pass it as Poison/Flying. ) as something the coal mine workers in D/P would use, along with Onix/Geodude/Machop. Instead of physical labor, however, they are fielded to operate machinery.

<cap4> burrow tirelessly through the earth, creating elaborate networks of tunnels. Should any Pokemon disturb a <cap4>'s lair, they will quickly be dispatched by <cap4>'s many arms and the potent venom in it's drill.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Quoting what I think are the best ones so far.
"Acrobatic and expressive <CAP 4> have been known to use their hands in many unusual ways. They can dig into the ground and spin rapidly using their hands to whip up strong whirlwinds."
1) Overtime, the jewels on <CaP 4>'s hands shed and drop to the ground. The fallen jewels can be sold at a very high price.
1) To communicate over long distances, <CAP 4> rely almost completely on their large hands. Signals appear to differ slightly depending on the region.
"Nearly incapable of standing still, <CaP 4> will stop at nothing to help its friends while simultaneously hindering its foes."
If a pokemon or a humans gets stuck in sinksand or a marsh POLYPALMS will always help them. For some reason they dont help delibird though.
This is really only here to get my props for following the tradition of Delibird hate in our Pokedex Entries.

"CAP4 has poisonous fluid coursing through its veins. A single drop of this fluid is toxic enough to kill thousands."

"The drill under CAP4's abdomen can spin over 500 revolutions per second. It is harder than diamond."

Known as the "Mime of the Desert," <CAP4> have been known to build shelter out of Light Screens when it senses a storm.

<CAP4> are known to be very protective of their habitat. It can easily be told where a <CAP4> lives by the ring of Spikes around a hole.

"<CAP4> has its own extensive sign language, consisting over 1,500,000 different signs and symbols made with its hands. They prefer to use this language rather than using their name."

I think its pretty good. :O
Ahhh, damn it, I was thinking of doing something like that. Oh well.

<CAP4> hide under the desert sand and follow their prey, using their advanced earing. This technique has proven be fatal.

<CAP 4> are very cheerful and can never seem to stay still. It is said that each one of its hands holds a unique and mystical power while in battle.

I might come up with a different one later. So how is it? I don't really like the while in battle part, but it seemed too plain without it.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Can we just not mention Delibird? Why should Delibird be mentioned in EVERY CAP Pokedex thread? :(

Thanks Sunday. I was hoping to clear up any wind based attacks this may get whether it has a pre-evo or not.

I like Doug's idea of referencing the types. Perhaps you can expand on that by pushing in more of the DLL myth of containing lethal poisons without being able to inject it or something similar. I tried but mucked it up badly so it was deleted. ;p

I don't think there needs to be too much reference to how helpful this guy is. He also needs to be able to stand on his own. If he was designed solely for double battles then it could be excused. Also, there's no need to try and force too much of a personality sterotype on to it. I can envision DLL being calm and praying as well as hyperactive.

PS: Yes, X-act, yes we do. ;p It's tradition.

I don't think there needs to be too much reference to how helpful this guy is. He also needs to be able to stand on his own. If he was designed solely for double battles then it could be excused. Also, there's no need to try and force too much of a personality stereotype on to it. I can envision DLL being calm and praying as well as hyperactive.
That's exactly what I was thinking and said (though you said it better). I really prefer that people avoid that stereotype seem not all utility/supporters/tank pokemon are in anyway helpful towards their teammates.I envision Fidgity seem more like someone who love parties, loves to tinkle or toy around with things, and sometimes mischievous. He probably would help people, but mostly because he find the distressed person/being entertaining rather than an actual need to help others.

BTW, hurling curled up sandshrews/sandslashes as a defensive method towards predators. It could also be used as a way to hunt for prey. :naughty:

<CAP4> can often be seen wearing primitive jewlery. The leader's hands are full of precious stones and metals.

<CAP4> strive to keep all 8 of their hands busy. This has caused some <CAP4> to neglect sleep at every opportunity.
(This one's for vital spirit, haha.)

"Mischievous and too smart for their own good, <CAP 4> are a particular nuisance in desert areas for their tendency to steal things. Shiny, valuable objects are of special importance to them, making them even more troublesome."

"<CAP 4> are known to live in parts of the desert absolutely inhospitable for humans. Infamous for their tendency as tomb rombers, battles between them and REVENANKH are quite common and can often be very fierce."

"<CaP4>s often attach themselves to wild Steelix when traveling far distances underground."

" The jewels on <CaP4>'s hands are capable of sucking poison from the bodies of their afflicted allies. Some are even used in Pokemon Centers during extreme cases of poisoning."

It's meh, but I tried.

Lunar Fang, I quite like the last one. The idea of DLL being able to suck away (and perhaps store) poison is intriguing. It's also a helpful side shown without actually having to rely on personality. Oh, by the way. You're only allowed to post two maximum as per request of Sunday.

I'm glad you like it. I really tried to think of a nice entry for it's poison aspect. Thanks for the heads-up, I removed the first one. It wasn't that original. =/

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
"CAP4 love to play tricks on people. Hiding under the desert sand, they often grab at people's ankles and pull their legs under."

"CAP4 attacks by spinning on its drill like a top, swinging its limbs around. The drill is also poisonous."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)