Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
He probably deleted it.

You don't technically need to hack for your secret id, it can be calculated if you've ever caught a shiny. So you have to be lucky, but it's technically possible without hacking.

How do you calculate it from catching a Shiny?

Basically what this person said was that since you have to use like, an AR or some other cheating device that makes this hacking.

I dunno what to tell you then, cause if you were using the code, they're in "HP/ATK/DEF/SPE/SPA/SPD order when it shows you your IVs. If you put them in like that then it won't work. D:

EDIT - I'm removing the offending content. I would like everyone else to do the same. I apologize for upsetting things.
The IV check code gives them in the normal order...
HP/ATK/DEF/SP.A/SP.D/SPE

I'll clarify here. There are two IV Check codes I know of. One which puts the IVs as the TMs (In the weird order) and one that puts the IVs as the stats, normal order.

It doesn't really matter, as long as you know which one you're using.

if you didn't get the shiny on the first egg can you keep going(check more eggs) or do you have to take your parents back out and restart and save at a sweet scent spot

Yeah. But the one that does it as the stats can't do eggs, the one I do can. And the one that does stats also can generate bad eggs/ruin your game if used in the boxes. :O

@Krabs: It depends if you're too late or too early.

When I double tap the happiness checker, does that count as 2 taps or one?

-is a very confused person-
Check my video. :P But, when they jump, that's one tap.

what do you mean by too late or early? I thought as soon as you did all the tapping you immediately try and get an egg
Yeah. But if you look on the program, you get a list of spreads. So if you tap too many times or too few times, you'll be too late or too early.

ah but if your right on the dot for tapping and you didn't get a shiny on the first try you can get as many eggs as it will take to get the shiny right? How long does it usually take for you?

What are you talking about? If you do the right number of taps and coin flips, the first egg you hatch will be shiny...

Check my video, honestly. It'll help. (In sig)

If you performed the correct amount of taps, it should be the first egg. I've done this four times since yesterday and they're all been the first egg.

Here's a trick to keep track of your taps.

Open some kind of calculator program on your computer. Do 10 taps at a time. 10 taps, add it to the calculator, 10 more taps, add it, and so on. It may take a little longer depending on how many you have to do, but it helps.

Yeah. But the one that does it as the stats can't do eggs, the one I do can. And the one that does stats also can generate bad eggs/ruin your game if used in the boxes. :O
Hmm, I can't use it in boxes, but I haven't got any bad eggs so far.
As for Eggs, I can check them after hatching using the code, not before.
Can you? =O
Still re-hatching Shiny Charmander for good IV's >__>

@Krabs: You never need a lot of Coin Tosses (0-11).
Congrats on the Carvanha though =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)