Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 19 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to have read somewhere that you can rebattle a lot of the legendaries (such as the 3 birds) after beating the E4 in Platinum. Is this true, and if so, which legendaries does it apply to, and how many times are you allowed to do it?

(I'm assuming this would apply to rebattling the E4, since the birds aren't available before then(?), but correct me if I'm wrong.)

What would be a good place to train pokemon like Pikachu? Who won't really work in Victory Road?
If you have access to Route 224 (the tetris-block-shaped route next to the Pokemon League) or the island where the Fight, Survival, and Resort Areas are located, I'd say there. If you can't go to those places yet, try re-battling trainers with the Vs. Seeker, and try all the later-game/higher-numbered routes to see which works best for that particular Pokеmon.
I know Route 222 has lots of Floatzel, which Pikachu shouldn't have much trouble against. And Floatzel give 2 speed EVs, if you need them.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Some legends in platinum will come back after being defeated or ran away from. I have only heard this about Azelf and Giratina-o, but I'd be pretty sure it wouldn't apply to the birds, as they are runners.

I seem to have read somewhere that you can rebattle a lot of the legendaries (such as the 3 birds) after beating the E4 in Platinum. Is this true, and if so, which legendaries does it apply to, and how many times are you allowed to do it?

(I'm assuming this would apply to rebattling the E4, since the birds aren't available before then(?), but correct me if I'm wrong.)
I've tested and confirmed: the birds, Heatran and Cresselia. Haven't done Giratina but many people have. The official guide says all the legendaries do this, and since a fair portion have been confirmed, I'd imagine they all do. Interestingly, just leaving Newmoon Island is enough to get Darkrai back there.

I've tested and confirmed: the birds, Heatran and Cresselia. Haven't done Giratina but many people have.
I can confirm (from personal experience) that if you defeat Giratina-O in the Distortion World, you get a regular forme Giratina in Turnback Cave once you defeat the Elite Four (and possibly get the National Pokédex; I'm not sure if that's a requirement, though). (And once you catch/defeat it, you can go and get the Griseous Orb, which you can use to change it back into Giratina-O.)

I can confirm (from personal experience) that if you defeat Giratina-O in the Distortion World, you get a regular forme Giratina in Turnback Cave once you defeat the Elite Four (and possibly get the National Pokédex; I'm not sure if that's a requirement, though). (And once you catch/defeat it, you can go and get the Griseous Orb, which you can use to change it back into Giratina-O.)
Well, there's confirmation of Giratina. Now the only ones that haven't been tested and pointed out are the pixies, Dialga and Palkia, Regigigas and the other event item guys (Shaymin and Arceus). Anyone want to confirm them?

Also, the National Dex doesn't seem to be needed, at least if you got Giratina the first time. I got my Griseous Orb before the National Dex.

@ColdEye: Fire Blast with a neutral SpA nature, to stop your ass getting raped by Skarm/Forretress

@Cost: No, as only switch-ins can.

What moves can't assist select?

A while ago, a huge list of all the illegal Movesets that Pokemon can have was made so they couldn't be used on shoddy anymore. Does anyone have a link to that?

Ohh no!
I have a AR,
I've used on my plat loads of times, and now, when I start the game, I press my file, and it turns black and nothing happens D:
It works fine with no AR! Why is this??

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
why is arceus banned from the uber ladder?
edit:
It would break everything?
its ubers.
Its not supposed to be balanced, its just a place where they send everything too strong for OU
so why not arceus?

Is Foretress THAT physicall bulky to take a X4 effective move from a Banded 405 attack?
Also, Is Psychic really a bad tyoe these days? Is there any use for Psychic Arceus?

Ohh no!
I have a AR,
I've used on my plat loads of times, and now, when I start the game, I press my file, and it turns black and nothing happens D:
It works fine with no AR! Why is this??
It's because since you've used your AR on Platinum so many times, it too glitched to do anything more on it. You can only do so many hacks to a game before it wears out.

Oh, and dm2, if I may add something. Even it it was released in America, its stats are too high for OU gameplay and its ability Multitype will allow it to change to any type.

I'm not sure whether this is the right place to ask this question or not, but I tried searching for it and can't find it.

I'm wondering where the pictures used in this thread, http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59337 can be found. I've been informed that it is smogonart but can't find it. To be accurate, I do not that want those pokemon pictures but the page where I can find the art.

Your help is deeply appreciated. Thanks for your time.

I've tested and confirmed: the birds, Heatran and Cresselia. Haven't done Giratina but many people have. The official guide says all the legendaries do this, and since a fair portion have been confirmed, I'd imagine they all do. Interestingly, just leaving Newmoon Island is enough to get Darkrai back there.
So, does this mean you can catch multiples of each legendary? Or do they only respawn if defeated/run from?

Allright, I have my first pokémon where I took IV's and EV's in account. It's a jolly Ninjask with IV's: 28/30/28/0/29/30 and EV's: HP: 180, Attack: 250, Speed: 80.

It stats at level 50: 157/141/64/49/69/209
level 100: 305/277/123/94/134/412

I'm planning to give it the standard speed attack BP set since it's my first and I'm not good enough to invent own movesets.

My question is, is this Ninjask good enough to play competitive with (I've never done that), and what is it able to outspeed etc? Thanks.

Hey! I have an issue with my breeding...i have been breeding 134 vulpix at this moment, with a female vulpix holing the everstone as a mother. She is one i have bred on my own, and the best one with timid nature. The male is also a vulpix from my own breeding, so i am original owner of both!
Now, like i said, she is holding an everstone, as i am trying to breed the nature Timid down to her babies. But out of all 134, i have gotten 3 timid. What is wrong with the everstone breeding? 3 out of 134? Must be something else than bad luck...? X.x
This is really starting to eat away at me, can't figure out what i do wrong, if anything... ^^'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)