New OU List (September 2010)

It's been four months since the last OU Tier update, so it's time to recalculate the tiers.

Beyond Salamence and Latias being voted to Uber, their were 2 additional changes. Shaymin has jumped up to be OU for the first time in Gen IV. And finally, the Pokemon every has been watching for months, Heracross just barley missed the cut and fell into UU.

Code:
Aerodactyl
Azelf
Blissey
Breloom
Bronzong
Celebi
Dragonite
Dusknoir
Electivire
Empoleon
Flygon
Forretress
Gengar
Gliscor
Gyarados
Heatran
Hippowdon
Infernape
Jirachi
Jolteon
Kingdra
Lucario
Machamp
Magnezone
Mamoswine
Metagross
Ninjask
Roserade
Rotom-A
Scizor
Shaymin
Skarmory
Smeargle
Snorlax
Starmie
Suicune
Swampert
Tentacruel
Togekiss
Tyranitar
Umbreon
Vaporeon
Weavile
Zapdos

Smogon switched in Heracross!

UU used Endure
UU braced itself!
Heracross used Swords Dance

UU used Endure.
...but it failed!
Heracross used Close CombatMegahornStoneEdge
UU fainted.

gulp

Heracross should be in BL. It's a shitty tier, with pokes who are not used in OU, but too powerfull for UU....

Heracross should be in BL. It's a shitty tier, with pokes who are not used in OU, but too powerfull for UU....
Thanks, I wasn't sure what BL was, but now I am fully aware of what it is. I thought it was just for pokemon that didnt get used enough for OU but too much for UU. xD

Smogon switched in Heracross!

UU used Endure
UU braced itself!
Heracross used Swords Dance

UU used Endure.
...but it failed!
Heracross used Close CombatMegahornStoneEdge
UU fainted.

gulp
UU switched in Swellow

Swellow used Brave Bird.

Thanks for coming, Heracross /reveng'd

Alas, I joke - Hera will rape teams so badly. A scarfed Heracross as late game sweeper in UU will be devastating.

Heracross will wreck shit up, no doubt.

However, and (as predicted) Shaymin climbs in usage with the banning of Salamence to Uber.

Smeargle would've been funner than Heracross, but I'll take it. Poor Heracross. He's viable in OU, I swear! :(
So's Umbreon but no one uses it but me. Seriously, it's pretty difficult to take out without Toxic or a Fighting Pokemon (Scizor's CB U-turn won't OHKO if you EV it correctly) and it prevents set up with Yawn.

I think it's ridiculous how pokemon such as Ninjask and Electivire still remain in OU comfortably. Meanwhile, an actually good pokemon in Shaymin just scrapes the OU cutoff. Shows what happens on the ladder.

Shaymin in OU was expected. As it was already said, Heracross may not be the best choice on an OU team but that does not mean that isn't viable. Gonna go enjoy playing UU, before Heracross gets banned!

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I am considering trying out UU now just so I can wreck stuff with Heracross until it inevitably gets banned. Also Shaymin is way better than it's useage, I have no clue how it only just barely made it into OU.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Dusknoir, Electivire, Weavile and Ninjask, the Elite Four of suckiness, managed to start and finish DPPt being OUs while Shaymin only got into the tier today.

Yeah, sure is low rating in here.

I can still understand Dusknoir. It's just generally outclassed by Rotom-A :(

Still a pretty awesome Pokemon though.

Well, Shaymin is really expected to be in OU, since it counters F/W/G core very well. Many of today's team uses F/W/G Core, which is why the rise of Shaymin ( I think). Not being weak to pursuit is another reason why Shaymin is in OU ( I think). Like Celebi, Shaymin is bulky. Heracross shouldn't be UU, its too powerful, especially SD,CS,RestTalk variants. Best of luck Heracross =)

Conflict

is the 9th Smogon Classic Winneris a Three-Time Past SPL Championis the defending GSC Circuit Champion
World Defender
Seriously this is Bullshit.

Heracross goes down to UU whereas shitty Pokes like Ninjask, Electivire, Dusknoir, Umbreon are staying in OU. I, myself have used Heracross to great succes in OU even when one of his checks (Salamence) was still in OU. But I have never had any success with Vire or Umbreon in OU - they just suck in every possible aspect.

Thats just... dumb?

I think its time to implement a system which favors weighted stats for Tiering decisions.

I think the reason Shaymin isn't higher is because if people are using FWG cores more, then Heatran is the obvious fire type and he has amazing synergy with Celebi (who also has a better movepool than Shaymin), so people are using onion head instead.

Can't really go wrong with either of them though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)