On Bans

Should we start using combo bans? (read below)

• Yes, we should have as many Pokemon as possible in OU.

Votes: 55 49.1%
  • No, we should limit ourselves to two sorts of bans.

Votes: 57 50.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm getting mighty sick of these arguments that clog up threads like this over and over and over and over. We've explained time and time again why the idea of Pokemon + Ability bans are a bad idea, why it's a slippery slope, but you people continually bring it up to the point where it is getting very annoying to read. When you think about it, why do we want Blaziken back down? Why do we want Garchomp back down? There's no reason, Blaziken is too damn slow in the metagame to compete with his better brother, Infernape, without Speed Boost. Garchomp is probably one of the best Dragon-types to have ever been made. You want to know why Garchomp is so amazing? Because its blistering Speed stat, it's access to Swords Dance, not to mention it cannot, I repeat, cannot be paralyzed. Do you like facing down a +2 Garchomp in the rain? No. Do you enjoy seeing +2 Garchomp in the sun? No. Garchomp has so many things that make it threatening but people seem to focus on Sand Veil for some trivial bullshit reason.

Garchomp is honestly just that good. Hit it with Ice Beam? Whoops it's Yache GG. Oh man don't even get me started on the odd Choice Scarf set that means, shit, I can't slow it down outside of Jirachi's Body Slam, but Jirachi is also weak to one of its two amazing STABs. Bulk that rivals Swamperts? Oh did I mention it has a much better typing that Swampert anyway?

Blaziken will have literally no impact on the OU metagame, and for what reason should we ban Speed Boost (and in-turn, weaken pokemon such as Yanmega and Sharpedo) simply because Blaziken happens to be one of your favorites? Perhaps in the future we'll reevaluate complex bans (Pokemon + Ability), but until then they're basically off the table, Aldaron's proposal was an outlier, something that just happened, it didn't set any precedent. So, my people, for the love of God please stop bringing up these subjects.

Unfortunately this thread is going to go nowhere, so I'm going to lock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)