Forme Freaks - Get Your Rotom On - UU and above open!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EV

Banned deucer.
Yes yes I'm here, I'm here.

warriorman222 since you did such a good job last time, do you want to post the next 4? :D I will edit formatting as needed later and update the spreadsheet. The Reptile Kit Kasai last chance at input on Solrock/Lunatone.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Not really, just to sum up what I said in my other posts though

• Lunatone has Solrock's mirrored stats
  • Surf > Muddy Water on Water/Rock
  • Rock/Poison replace Rock/Ghost because Halloween (unless someone can come up with a better one), and give it Sludge Bomb/Wave (Wave fits better flavor-wise due to it being kind of like a foggy theme which fits with night at least in my head) over Night Shade
  • For constancy maybe Dazzling Gleam > Moonlight? I'd prefer to give it Moonlight though, but all the other moves are attacking moves. Maybe make the others support moves instead (so Dark Void, Toxic Spikes, Haze, Aqua Ring (no water support is suffering), and Moonlight). I think it should be fine as it is though, since the theme between all the moves is moon/night theme bar Sludge Wave.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
I can't really think of more formes for Solrock .-.

The only thing I can come up with is like... Rock / Flying Solrock-Wind or something like that, for solar wind. But there's no physical flying type moves that make sense flavor-wise, and special moves would be pretty pointless on solrock. ;~;

canno

formerly The Reptile
Maybe Rock/Fighting as Solrock-Giant, referencing Red Giant stars? Its kind of hard tbh ;_;

Yes yes I'm here, I'm here.

warriorman222 since you did such a good job last time, do you want to post the next 4? :D I will edit formatting as needed later and update the spreadsheet.
Thanks. I'm doing it now.

**IF THERE ARE ANY MISTAKES WITH MATH/MOVES, I WILL FIX THEM NOW. AND THERE ARE A LOT OF MATH PROBLEMS**

Durant - Bug/Steel (Swarm/Hustle/Truant) ~ 58/109/112/48/48/109 : 484 total

• Durant-Solenopsis - Bug/Fire (Swarm) ~ 58/129/132/43/88/114 : 564 total, +Flare Blitz
  • Durant-Eciton - Bug/Fighting (Swarm) ~ 58/129/132/43/88/114 : 564 total, +Close Combat
  • Durant-Atta - Bug/Grass (Swarm) ~ 58/129/132/43/88/114 : 564 total, +Leaf Blade
  • Durant-Formicinae - Bug/Poison (Swarm) ~ 58/129/132/43/88/114 : 564 total, +Acid Spray
  • Durant-Humile - Bug/Ground (Swarm) ~ 58/129/132/43/88/114 : 564 total, +Magnitude

Mesprit - Psychic (Levitate) ~ 80 | 105 | 105 | 105 | 105 | 80 : 580 total
  • Mesprit-Joy - Psychic/Fairy (Levitate) ~ 80 | 115 | 115 | 135 | 135 | 75 : 660 total, +Moonblast
  • Mesprit-Grief - Psychic/Water (Levitate) ~ 80 | 115 | 115 | 135 | 135 | 75 : 660 total, +Scald
  • Mesprit-Anger - Psychic/Fire (Levitate) ~ 80 | 115 | 115 | 135 | 135 | 75 : 660 total, +Eruption
  • Mesprit-Fear - Psychic/Dark (Levitate) ~ 80 | 115 | 115 | 135 | 135 | 75 : 660 total, +Knock Off
  • Mesprit-Calm - Psychic/Normal (Levitate) ~ 80 | 115 | 115 | 135 | 135 | 75 : 660 total, +Recover

Cresselia - Psychic (Levitate) ~ 120/70/120/75/130/85 : 600 total

• Cresselia-Crescent Moon - Psychic/Fighting (Levitate) ~ 120/80/115/105/150/110 : 680 total, +Secret Sword
  • Cresselia-Bad Moon - Psychic/Poison (Levitate) ~ 120/80/115/105/150/110 : 680 total, +Acid Spray
  • Cresselia-Full Moon - Psychic/Steel (Levitate) ~ 120/80/115/105/150/110 : 680 total, +Flash Cannon
  • Cresselia-New Moon - Psychic/Normal (Levitate) ~ 120/80/115/105/150/110 : 680 total, +Baton Pass
  • Cresselia-Harvest Moon - Psychic/Grass (Levitate) ~ 120/80/115/105/150/110 : 680 total, +Giga Drain

Kangaskhan - Normal (Early Bird/Scrappy/Inner Focus) ~ 105/95/80/40/80/90 : 490 total

• Kangaskhan-Father - Normal/Ground (Scrappy) ~ 105/120/105/35/105/100 : 570 total, +Bonemerang
  • Kangaskhan-Brother - Normal/Fighting (Scrappy) ~ 105/120/105/35/105/100 : 570 total, +Close Combat
  • Kangaskhan-Sister - Normal/Fairy (Scrappy) ~ 105/120/105/35/105/100 : 570 total, +Play Rough
  • Kangaskhan-Grandmother - Normal/Ghost (Scrappy) ~ 105/120/105/35/105/100 : 570 total, +Phantom Force
  • Kangaskhan-Grandfather - Normal/Rock (Scrappy) ~ 105/120/105/35/105/100 : 570 total, +Rock Blast

Possible discussion points:
  • Is the flavor of each forme expressed well? Is there a theme for all 5 formes? Is it unique, intriguing, fun, boring?
  • How do the formes stack up competitively? Is one really good? Is one really bad? What niches might they fill in the standard metagame?
  • Have roles changed for the Pokemon? Is a former wall now a sweeper? Is a former attacker now better at support?
  • What's your favorite forme for each Pokemon and why?
  • For the creators, what was your inspiration? What were you trying to achieve?
  • Lastly, can you see something working better than what the creator submitted? Did they miss an opportunity to really advance the Pokemon somehow?
  • **This is NOT the place to recommend name changes!! Posts made solely to suggest a "better" name for any forme will be deleted.**
Have fun and don't be rude. You can be critical, but explain why you feel the way you do. Don't just say, "Oh god that was a stupid choice." After a few days, we'll make any necessary changes and then add them to the spreadsheet.

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
Maybe Rock/Fighting as Solrock-Giant, referencing Red Giant stars? Its kind of hard tbh ;_;
I had to stretch things a bit with Solrock-Giant. I gave it Seismic Toss. 1) Seismic activity on the sun? idk 2) The "sun rays" turn into fists? idk again.
Anyway, I made Lunatone-New a Ghost type instead of Dark so I could make Solrock-Eclipse Dark instead. I didn't like Solrock-Gravity being Ghost and having a special-type move, Night Shade. Lunatone-New got Night Shade, which is pretty much a mirror of Seismic Toss, so it all ties together somehow. Bleh.

Goals with this set: Find new forme names for Cresselia. I don't want more moon stuff. And should we keep Mesprit's attack and/or defense stats the same, like its base forme? Pikachuun thoughts.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
And should we keep Mesprit's attack and/or defense stats the same, like its base forme? Pikachuun thoughts.
I personally went with my choice seeing that Mesprit never uses its Physical movepool to begin with (then again I don't play RU so this might be wrong). If you'd really prefer a 125 spread for all 4 stats, by all means I can change it.

EV

Banned deucer.
I personally went with my choice seeing that Mesprit never uses its Physical movepool to begin with (then again I don't play RU so this might be wrong). If you'd really prefer a 125 spread for all 4 stats, by all means I can change it.
True. I guess since its spread is A/A/B/B we're okay.

Find new forme names for Cresselia. I don't want more moon stuff.
??? Why should it be a problem that two moon Pokemon both have moon themes?

Bouffalant: We covered this on page 9.

Mesprit: Seems odd to shift it to Special bulk+offense. I realize a balanced stat distribution is usually just crappy, but it still seems odd, particularly since the Dark one gets Knock Off. And it loses Speed? Very odd.

Overall though, I like all of them except the Dark one. (I'd rather have seen a utility Status Dark move for it) They all seem pretty good, but none of them is over the top, and they all give Mesprit something it could use and doesn't have. (Except the Dark one) The closest to being over the top is the Fire one, which is held back by the fact that if it isn't Scarfed the likes of Gyarados will out-run it and rip it apart because it can use its Eruption, so I appreciate that too. (That none of them is just crazy)

Cresselia: It just occurred to me I could've made every Forme be of a type vulnerable to Ground. Kind of a dumb gimmick idea, but whatever.

I went with lowering Defense rather than Attack (And raising Attack a little) because Cresselia isn't all that bad for an RU Pokemon. Min-maxing it could easily turn broken. That's all I have to say that isn't in the original post, page 1.

Kangaskhan: Names need work, given that three of five are male and Kangaskhan is exclusively female. I do like the family angle. Aunt, Sister, Daughter, Mother, Grandmother, maybe? I'd complain that the stat distribution is min-maxy, but while Mega Kangaskhan is crazy, regular Kangaskhan could really use the help. I've never seen a regular Kangaskhan in any meta ever.

I like the specific Formes overall (Other than the gender pronoun problem), but it does bug me that giving Phantom Force to Grandmother is kind of useless, barring a Power Herb. Yeah, Kangaskhan already gets Shadow Claw, but why not Shadow Sneak? Priority that isn't dependent on the enemy being attacking is nice, and nothing broken to give it.

... well, that and the Rock Forme is kind of painful, since Normal/Rock is doubly weak to Fighting and has no real merit in any other way. Yeah yeah, they're so old they're fossilized, but it really is basically a downgrade in practice. Rock is one of a limited number of types with more weaknesses than resistances! I'd sooner see a Dragon-typed one, which isn't a terrible type combination, can work with being old and venerable and all, and the closest thing to a design flaw with it is that Mega Kangaskhan gets Draco Meteor by definition -which is silly, but nothing it can abuse. Give it Dragon Tail for some utility STAB? (It already gets Outrage)

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
New names for Cresselia formes:
  • Cresselia-Ambitious Dream - Psychic/Fighting
  • Cresselia-Insane Dream - Psychic/Poison
  • Cresselia-Apathetic Dream - Psychic/Steel
  • Cresselia-Lucid Dream - Psychic/Normal
  • Cresselia-Prosperous Dream - Psychic/Grass

EV

Banned deucer.
??? Why should it be a problem that two moon Pokemon both have moon themes?
I know it's a bit arbitrary of me, but I'd just rather avoid as many forme duplicates as possible. Maybe we can change the names but still keep the lunar theme? What about giving it names of other moons? Io, Titan, Dysnomia, etc.

Bouffalant: We covered this on page 9.
warriorman222 you're fired! I'm changing it to Durant.

Durant - Bug/Steel (Swarm/Hustle/Truant) ~ 58/109/112/48/48/109 : 484 total

• Durant-Solenopsis - Bug/Fire (Swarm) ~ 58/129/132/43/88/114 : 564 total, +Flare Blitz
  • Durant-Eciton - Bug/Fighting (Swarm) ~ 58/129/132/43/88/114 : 564 total, +Close Combat
  • Durant-Atta - Bug/Grass (Swarm) ~ 58/129/132/43/88/114 : 564 total, +Leaf Blade
  • Durant-Formicinae - Bug/Poison (Swarm) ~ 58/129/132/43/88/114 : 564 total, +Acid Spray
  • Durant-Humile - Bug/Ground (Swarm) ~ 58/129/132/43/88/114 : 564 total, +Magnitude

PS - I'd really prefer we just called them Fire, Army, Leafcutter, Formic (?), and something else for Humile.

If the Humile name is supposed to refer to Argentine ants, the only thing I'm finding of interest on them is that they form supercolonies and are more gregarious than most ants. (Hence the supercolonies) Durant-Friendly/Gregarious/Relaxed/similar word?

If Cresselia's alternate Forme's must have a different naming scheme, the someone's proposed set would be my preferred choice, being good and actually still related to Cresselia's central stuff. (Dreams, in addition to the moon) I'd still rather leave the names alone though. There are far too many Pokemon with overlapping primary themes for this to make much sense to me.

Durant: Faster, harder hitting, and much more durable (Nearly doubled Special Defense, and a smaller boost to its already quite good Defense), Durant's statline is a bit min-maxy for my tastes. I like the naming scheme, in the general sense of being derived from real world ants. I am somewhat surprised at the choice of Swarm over Hustle for the alternate Formes, though to be fair I hate Hustle myself for the miss rate.

Fire I'd probably have given Fire Fang myself, but whatever.

Fighting is cool.

Grass is cool, albeit Bug/Grass is an awful type combination.

Poison baffles me. Yes, Acid Spray is thematically appropriate to the "Ants that spray acid" reference, but it's effectively useless to Durant. Why not Gunk Shot or Poison Jab? Gunk Shot is perfectly appropriately to spraying acid, thematically speaking.

Ground also baffles me. Durant doesn't get Earthquake natively. Why settle for giving it the unreliable Magnitude? Even Drill Run would be vaguely appropriate and more useful.

I like pieces, but it could use work overall.

If the Humile name is supposed to refer to Argentine ants, the only thing I'm finding of interest on them is that they form supercolonies and are more gregarious than most ants. (Hence the supercolonies) Durant-Friendly/Gregarious/Relaxed/similar word?

If Cresselia's alternate Forme's must have a different naming scheme, the someone's proposed set would be my preferred choice, being good and actually still related to Cresselia's central stuff. (Dreams, in addition to the moon) I'd still rather leave the names alone though. There are far too many Pokemon with overlapping primary themes for this to make much sense to me.

Durant: Faster, harder hitting, and much more durable (Nearly doubled Special Defense, and a smaller boost to its already quite good Defense), Durant's statline is a bit min-maxy for my tastes. I like the naming scheme, in the general sense of being derived from real world ants. I am somewhat surprised at the choice of Swarm over Hustle for the alternate Formes, though to be fair I hate Hustle myself for the miss rate.

Fire I'd probably have given Fire Fang myself, but whatever.

Fighting is cool.

Grass is cool, albeit Bug/Grass is an awful type combination.

Poison baffles me. Yes, Acid Spray is thematically appropriate to the "Ants that spray acid" reference, but it's effectively useless to Durant. Why not Gunk Shot or Poison Jab? Gunk Shot is perfectly appropriately to spraying acid, thematically speaking.

Ground also baffles me. Durant doesn't get Earthquake natively. Why settle for giving it the unreliable Magnitude? Even Drill Run would be vaguely appropriate and more useful.

I like pieces, but it could use work overall.
I gave it acid spray because I was aiming more for flavor than for competitive value (same reason for swarm over hustle). Also, The Eevee General, any chance you could change the move for the ground one to EQ? I don't know why I did magnitude, lol.

I suppose I could change all the Kangas into females... I'll edit this post later with the changes.

To be honest, I intentionally made the Kanga grandparents weaker. Firstly to show their old age and secondly because I didn't think every forme needed to be viable. My opinion has since changed so I'll fix them up too. BTW, regular Kangaskhan is pretty common in the lower tiers because of its access to Fake Out + Sucker Punch, making it a good revenge killer.

With stat boosts, I tried to make it as distinct from Valmanway's Bouffalant (also he already had a norma/ghost shadow sneaker) as I could. I was never really comfortable with its stat changes either, so I'll gladly change them.

Last edited:
Updated Kangas
  • Kangaskhan-Father - Normal/Ground (Scrappy) ~ 105/125/95/35/95/115 : 570 total, +Bonemerang
  • Kangaskhan-Brother - Normal/Fighting (Scrappy) ~ 105/125/95/35/95/115 : 570 total, +Close Combat
  • Kangaskhan-Sister - Normal/Fairy (Scrappy) ~ 105/125/95/35/95/115 : 570 total, +Play Rough
  • Kangaskhan-Grandmother - Normal/Ghost (Scrappy) ~ 105/125/95/35/95/115 : 570 total, +Shadow Sneak
  • Kangaskhan-Grandfather - Normal/Rock (Scrappy) ~ 105/125/95/35/95/115 : 570 total, +Rock Blast
Reasoning: Was too similar to the Bouffalants before. I improved its attack stat slightly and gave it much more speed at the cost of some bulk.

I would like to keep the male Kangas because... I'm a sucker for the nuclear family. Besides, I think adding a twist like male Kangas makes things more interesting IMO. I consider this project to be a joke mod, and by that I don't mean a waste of time, rather a fun and whimsical OM with a bunch of ridiculous pokemon formes smashing each other. In any case, this is Eevee's project and if he wants me to change it, I'll oblige.

EV

Banned deucer.
It seems everything is completed, so what now?
Will we have OU forms? Will we simply discuss? Will we allow evolved Pokemon RU or lower?
No we still have quite a bit more to go. Once we're done with the list in the OP, we'll start on the rest of the single-stagers. I'm not going to do evolved Pokemon, though.

EV

Banned deucer.
I just baked a new batch for you all!!
**IF THERE ARE ANY MISTAKES WITH MATH/MOVES, I WILL FIX THEM NOW. AND THERE ARE A LOT OF MATH PROBLEMS**

Torkoal - Fire (White Smoke/Shell Armor) ~ 70/85/140/85/70/20 : 470 total

• Torkoal-Sea - Fire/Water (White Smoke) ~ 70/105/145/105/110/15 : 550 total, +Scald
  • Torkoal-Fossilized - Fire/Rock (White Smoke) ~ 70/105/145/105/110/15 : 550 total, +Ancient Power
  • Torkoal-Ground - Fire/Ground (White Smoke) ~ 70/105/145/105/110/15 : 550 total, +Sand Tomb
  • Torkoal-Hard Shell - Fire/Steel (White Smoke) ~ 70/105/145/105/110/15 : 550 total, +Flash Cannon
  • Torkoal-Smog - Fire/Poison (White Smoke) ~ 70/105/145/105/110/15 : 550 total, +Venoshock

Qwilfish - Water/Poison (Poison Point/Swift Swim/Intimidate) ~ 65/95/75/55/55/85 : 430 total

• Qwilfish-Thorns - Poison/Grass (Poison Point) ~ 65/110/100/50/80/105 : 510 total, +Spiky Shield
  • Qwilfish-Bolts - Poison/Steel (Poison Point) ~ 65/110/100/50/80/105 : 510 total, +Gear Grind
  • Qwilfish-Icicle - Poison/Ice (Poison Point) ~ 65/110/100/50/80/105 : 510 total, +Icicle Spear
  • Qwilfish-Spikes - Poison/Ground (Poison Point) ~ 65/110/100/50/80/105 : 510 total, +Thousand Arrows
  • Qwilfish-Wires - Poison/Electric (Poison Point) ~ 65/110/100/50/80/105 : 510 total, +Parabolic Charge

Sawk - Fighting (Sturdy/Inner Focus/Mold Breaker) ~ 75/125/75/30/75/85 : 465 total

• Sawk-Burning - Fighting/Fire (Sturdy) ~ 75/140/100/25/100/105 : 545 total, +Blaze Kick
  • Sawk-Soaring - Fighting/Flying (Sturdy) ~ 75/140/100/25/100/105 : 545 total, +Flying Press
  • Sawk-Metal - Fighting/Steel (Sturdy) ~ 75/140/100/25/100/105 : 545 total, +Bullet Punch
  • Sawk-Frozen - Fighting/Ice (Sturdy) ~ 75/140/100/25/100/105 : 545 total, +Ice Shard
  • Sawk-Lightning - Fighting/Electric (Sturdy) ~ 75/140/100/25/100/105 : 545 total, +Volt Tackle

Throh - Fighting (Guts/Inner Focus/Mold Breaker) ~ 120/100/85/30/85/45 : 465 total

• Throh-Burning - Fighting/Fire (Guts) ~ 120/115/110/25/110/65 : 545 total, +Fire Punch
  • Throh-Soaring - Fighting/Flying (Guts) ~ 120/115/110/25/110/65 : 545 total, +Flying Press
  • Throh-Metal - Fighting/Steel (Guts) ~ 120/115/110/25/110/65 : 545 total, +Bullet Punch
  • Throh-Frozen - Fighting/Ice (Guts) ~ 120/115/110/25/110/65 : 545 total, +Ice Shard
  • Throh-Lighting - Fighting/Electric (Guts) ~ 120/115/110/25/110/65 : 545 total, +Volt Tackle

Possible discussion points:
  • Is the flavor of each forme expressed well? Is there a theme for all 5 formes? Is it unique, intriguing, fun, boring?
  • How do the formes stack up competitively? Is one really good? Is one really bad? What niches might they fill in the standard metagame?
  • Have roles changed for the Pokemon? Is a former wall now a sweeper? Is a former attacker now better at support?
  • What's your favorite forme for each Pokemon and why?
  • For the creators, what was your inspiration? What were you trying to achieve?
  • Lastly, can you see something working better than what the creator submitted? Did they miss an opportunity to really advance the Pokemon somehow?
  • **This is NOT the place to recommend name changes!! Posts made solely to suggest a "better" name for any forme will be deleted.**
Have fun and don't be rude. You can be critical, but explain why you feel the way you do. Don't just say, "Oh god that was a stupid choice." After a few days, we'll make any necessary changes and then add them to the spreadsheet.

For Torkoal, Torkoal has become primarily a bulky attacker. I like how it's forms are based on different types of turtles.... until after Torkoal-Fossilized. From then on the Torkoal forms, IMO, lose their basis. Fire/Ground and Fire/Poison aren't good defensive types, (as Fire/Steel has good resistances) despite Torkoal being a defensive attacker. In all, my favourite is the Sea Torkoal due to it's good typing and inspiration. But why was there no Fire/Fighting Teenage Mutant Ninja Torkoal.

For Qwilfish, it seems to be a Physical fast attacker with a decent defense. However, it's ability is not that great, as Intimidate would, personally, be a better ability. All the forms, being based on spike variations, have a pretty good inspiration and typings, but I'm not sure about Spikes Qwilfish getting a signature move. In all, I like Bolts Qwilfish due to it's offensive and defensive capabilities.

Both Throh and Sawk forms seem to be counterparts, which is good, Throh being a bulky attacker and Sawk being a faster attacker with good defenses. It's clever that both Throh and Sawk get the same stat boosts in each stat too. The basis of the forms seems a bit random, if anything, but works. However, although I wouldn't mind another Flying Press user, I'm not sure about giving Volt Tackle to Lighting Throh and Lightning Sawk. Otherwise, they are pretty good, and personally I can't decide on a favourite of which form.

Last edited:
Torkoal: Stat changes keep to its original distribution, except patching up its Special Defense. Kind of disappointing when Torkoal is not exactly a high-usage Pokemon, and would be extremely difficult to break.

... honestly the only specific Forme I like is Sea. The others have moves Torkoal has little use for, Venoshock particularly, are all type combinations with a double Ground weakness, have not much flavor to them, and aren't even interesting or innovative.

Qwilfish: Illegal entry straight-up, I don't see why The Eevee General posted it as-is. The rule is you can change the secondary typing but must keep the primary typing unless you are single-typed in which case you can replace it outright. Qwilfish is consistently keeping its Poison typing when it should keep its Water typing.

Above and beyond that, Poison Point is a weak Ability, much worse than both Swift Swim and Intimidate, and since the typing is illegal the theme won't be able to justify it once Qwilfish is corrected. Also, Parabolic Charge is completely useless to something with such weak Special Attack, and it doesn't have any stronger motivation flavor-wise than Wild Charge or an Electric Status move.

Sawk: I like it overall, though I question giving the Electric variant Volt Tackle. Flying Press is also not a Flying move, and thus illegal for the Flying variant.

Throh: Again, I have to question Volt Tackle on the Electric variant, and the fact that there's a Fire variant with Guts is somewhat mocking. Again, Flying Press is not a Flying move, and thus illegal for the Flying variant.

Summary: Torkoal is the only one of these entries that is fully legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)