Smogon Premier League VII - Week 9 (read post #313)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen2ou-138121

won vs. earthworm, gg ew
im lucky and bad. cant wait for cased's posts and PMs

im not playing gsc again in spl, apart from week 8 this has been a pretty shitty experience on all non-in game related accounts. at least i end on a positive gsc record. next year i'll either suck it up and rby or manage, idk, but it wasn't fun this year.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I mean, if you don't wanna play GSC then don't play GSC but I don't understand why you would avoid it because you had "a pretty shitty experience on all non-in game related accounts." That's... not a problem with the GSC metagame and quitting on it isn't going to help anything.

I started out 1-4 due to typical-only-for-me luck, three games where I was 90%+ favored and then whatever the fuck asspull of godly RNG Earthworm pulled on me. At that point, my team was already out of playoff contention and the best I can manage now is salvaging a barely respectable 4-5 record so don't even try to out-shitty-experience me. Boohoo. I'm not saying I had any problems with my teammates so don't read into something that isn't there.

As for llamas shit:
To handle all DC cases...you're gonna submit your teams before the match. Zebraiken and Oglemi, who are not playing nor affiliated with any team, will manage this team submission form. You don't have to submit, but if you do, you protect yourself from the opponent taking a win. If you do DC (and you can't rejoin the battle) and you haven't submitted your team, your opponent will have the right to take the win. Yes, I'll most likely make a judgment call if he is on his last turn with 1 Pokemon at 5% and paralyzed and with you at 6 100% health Pokemon, because the only way to lose this is to misclick multiple times. However, if you're at 6 100% Pokemon and your opponent is at last Pokemon 10% needing to crit flinch you 6 - 12 times for the win, I'll give him the win if you DC and haven't submitted your team.

I know people like Philip7086 will beg me "to use common sense for a judgment call" for all cases and I would normally agree, but I am giving you all a 100% out by allowing you to submit your team. Basically, submit your team, and protect yourself and your team from any and all DCs. It's a simple procedure that removes almost all subjectivity from a decision regarding a DC. Unlike with the scheduling restrictions, all you have to do is submit the team your are using at anytime before the match takes place, and you'll have 100% protected yourself. Read this rule and understand this now before you join the tournament. Since I'm stating this now, I'm basically going to ignore you if you DC, didn't submit a team, and "had a guaranteed win." Expect it. Also note that I'm going to let the PLAYER (not the team), decide whether he is going to take the win or go another route (replay same moves, replay different teams, etc.).​

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I mean, if you don't wanna play GSC then don't play GSC but I don't understand why you would avoid it because you had "a pretty shitty experience on all non-in game related accounts." That's... not a problem with the GSC metagame and quitting on it isn't going to help anything.

I started out 1-4 due to typical-only-for-me luck, three games where I was 90%+ favored and then whatever the fuck asspull of godly RNG Earthworm pulled on me. At that point, my team was already out of playoff contention and the best I can manage now is salvaging a barely respectable 4-5 record so don't even try to out-shitty-experience me. Boohoo. I'm not saying I had any problems with my teammates so don't read into something that isn't there.
it is very mr.e of you to comment on how someone else has had a negative experience and turn it around to be "well look at my RNG i had it much worse!"

Tamahome

startling sign
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Lost vs Cicada, gg.

Thank god this season is over, lol! No matter what I try to say here, this one SPL was the one I enjoyed the least, and I really don't know why exactly, 'cause my teammates were actually pretty cool guys (well, most of them) and I could win a few enjoyable games after all, despite the hax that will always exist. Maybe it's just because there was little to no time for me to prepare like I wanted to for some weeks. But in the end, Pokémon is just a really bad game where you can win off a 0.01% match anyday, which is both absurd and nice at the same time. I guess it's about time I take Heist's route and actually only play if I have time and motivation, rather than just trying it for the pixels.

After this little rant, I just wanna throw my support to Wolfpack, as that was my team for 3 years in a row and there are cool guys there (except Omfuga)!

Lost vs Cicada, gg.

Thank god this season is over, lol! No matter what I try to say here, this one SPL was the one I enjoyed the least, and I really don't know why exactly, 'cause my teammates were actually pretty cool guys (well, most of them) and I could win a few enjoyable games after all, despite the hax that will always exist. Maybe it's just because there was little to no time for me to prepare like I wanted to for some weeks. But in the end, Pokémon is just a really bad game where you can win off a 0.01% match anyday, which is both absurd and nice at the same time. I guess it's about time I take Heist's route and actually only play if I have time and motivation, rather than just trying it for the pixels.

After this little rant, I just wanna throw my support to Wolfpack, as that was my team for 3 years in a row and there are cool guys there (except Omfuga)!
Cause your team sucks and you were out of play offs contention by week 5

Go10

Storm Vanguard !
Thank god this season is over, lol! No matter what I try to say here, this one SPL was the one I enjoyed the least, and I really don't know why exactly
Let me give you a hint : jirachi, starmie, zapdos, breloom, tyranitar, random mons.

Playing (and losing) in 2h.

edit : sweepage fuck you know i feel bad saying the same thing as you

I love when niggas self-hype themselves then talk shit and get their asses handed to them

The opposing Aurorus used Freeze-Dry!
Skuntank lost 10% of its health!
Skuntank fainted!
★FINCHINATOR: score 1 for the real nu player
★FINCHINATOR: shoutouts bkc

+Masterclass: teddeh
+Masterclass: u gonna let this (BAN ME PLEASE)
+Masterclass: say that to you
+Masterclass: kill a pokemon
+Masterclass: from his team

Turn 10
Omastar used Scald!
It's super effective! The opposing Aurorus lost 45% of its health!
The opposing Aurorus fainted!
★Teddeh: score 1-1
★Teddeh: to the finch slayer

+Masterclass: LOL
+TrailBlazer77: lol
+Masterclass: THATS M BOY

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Alright let's get something straight.

Teddeh and I have been quite friendly since last SPL and last NUPL, when we teamed together, and I was talking shit to him because we were - you've done the same in past matches with your friends and so has almost all of the community. The fact that you're making a big deal of it is only because you're trying to extend your time of relevance far beyond it's actual life that expired a year or so ago.

Anyway, good game Teddeh - you played well and deserved that. Sorry to my teammates and dudes relying on my team, hopefully they can pick up the slack!

lmao you're playing the relevance card on me?

From a pokemon perspective.. I got banned and came back to a few things that are in line with what you tried to do.

I came back to smogon tour with your ass spamming the entire thread and everything related to pokemon with ''Finchtour20'' and you didn't even end up getting close to the play offs, while I did. Then you are here playing BW and people spent double on me to play that tier. Last but not least im cruising to the smogon premier league play offs while you were knocked out like what? 6 weeks ago?

Yeah, i'm not as good as I was I admit it. But let's not exaggerate things here ok cutie?

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
I'm not going to drag this out or flare my temper or get anyone infracted or anything - this is so unnecessary and I don't even know you enough to actually dislike you, so I'll just say this on what's been said already.

Last SmogTour season I generated a boatload of hype and then I didn't make it --- yes, this wasn't the best showing on my part, but I'll still come out again and try my best next season and maybe then I will. You've made playoffs consistently and that obviously shows that you're a capable player - never have I once denied that. At the same time, you've been banned and you've went through a "I have no motivation to prep/try" phase a buncha times, so I don't know why you're still here fighting tooth and nail with people in the SmogTours chat.

With all that said, I don't dislike you and I have no reason to start shit with you, so sorry that I even provoked anything and sorry that I had some fun with my friend in the battlechat. Good luck to you and your teammates in the rest of the tour in the future.

Tamahome

startling sign
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Ehh, usually I'm not the one to take baits, but this one is so retarded I kinda have to.

Let me give you a hint : jirachi, starmie, zapdos, breloom, tyranitar, random mons.
I guess you still didn't understand the most important thing about the tier we love: it's the hardest one to build. I, for once, build teams to win matches. Pokémon is far from being the funniest game ever, and especially when I'm part of a team I want to bring a solid team because I don't want to let my teammates down by using a team that can get 6-0'd off the bat. To back me up on this, I'll quote a legendary player:

One more thing about DP is I find it hard to be creative in it. I don't know why, but it feels impossible to use something fun that also works. I always try to have fun and use weird stuff in other gens (I mean I missed around a lot with XY and BW), but whenever I tried it in DP it just fails really.
So, between using the same mons achieving wins or being the metagame innovator, I prefer the former. If you prefer being the latter, fine, good for you! If you win your last match this season you'll reach like what, 8 wins throughout the SPLs? That I've gotten in a single season. But hey, maybe Masterclass is right about my SPL team being bad, the results are there to show it.

Phew, 3 posts in a day, that's way too much for me. Now I'll stop flooding this thread with non-sense shit, but thanks for quoting me, you guys made me feel important! Good luck and may all the players have fun! :D

Last edited:
Putting it out there that i've used 14 different pokemon in my 3 dpp battles this season

Edit: 15 different pokemon*

Machamp, Rotom-h, Tyranitar, Starmie, Jirachi, Metagross, Gyarados, Breloom, Mamoswine, Swampert, Celebi, Zapdos, Heatran, Dragonite, Bronzong

The only pokemon I repeated was, Starmie and Jirachi.

Go10

Storm Vanguard !
Honestly, you can play something else than these same 5 pokemon together and still win. Also, even by using standard mons, things can be pretty interesting when you at least change the moveset like Subtran, CBgyara and the likes. Anyway, it seems like you are one of those guy who take any post as an offense, feel free to talk about my record if it makes your day better and justify your lack of team building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)