Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

My opponent's Tapu Lele was showing up as a duplicate of their Sudowoodo in their team's minisprite roster, even though its HP seemed to read properly. It had Sudowoodo's nickname and everything. My opponent could also see it if that helps.

Hello, bug report checking in.
My Shiinotic uses Spotlight on opposing Xurkitree. Tapu Fini ignores spotlight for some reason and attacks my Garchomp. The rest of the match is me trying to us spotlight again but it's being ignored. This isn't the last time that has happened to me.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-479102430
This is not a bug, Spotlight can not be used to make foes attack their allies and will be ignored, just like how Rage Powder won't make you attack your ally. Spotlight is used to redirect attacks to a teammate or to make a teammate focus on a specific foe.

Really, it's not a good move to use in doubles in general and seems like it was meant to be used in Battle Royal.

This is not a bug, Spotlight can not be used to make foes attack their allies and will be ignored, just like how Rage Powder won't make you attack your ally. Spotlight is used to redirect attacks to a teammate or to make a teammate focus on a specific foe.

Really, it's not a good move to use in doubles in general and seems like it was meant to be used in Battle Royal.
Do you have any sources backing this up or are you just pulling this out of your ass? Because the move description does specifies that all single type attacks from other Pokemon are redirected to the spotlighted target. I do not know myself if that's how spotlight should work but the text clearly point towards that being the case. Would be nice if someone could check this ingame.

Do you have any sources backing this up or are you just pulling this out of your ass? Because the move description does specifies that all single type attacks from other Pokemon are redirected to the spotlighted target. I do not know myself if that's how spotlight should work but the text clearly point towards that being the case. Would be nice if someone could check this ingame.
My source is people who tested this last week. See the linked post and the discussion on the subsequent pages.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...chanics-research.3586701/page-26#post-7084807

Hi, source here. I confirmed in game a while ago and recorded my findings on that thread.

Turn 4 and 5: Thunder wave is used on Mega Sharpedo, but does not paralyze it
This is correct. Thundurus has Prankster, and Mega Sharpedo is Dark type, and therefore immune.
Turn 56: Minior switches in and immediately changes form while at full health, sprite is missing, types unknown.
Turn 57: Shields Down prevents Toxic from working on Minior.
This is correct. When Minior has over 50% health, it transforms into Meteor Forme, which is immune to status.
Instruct is supposed to fail if used first (before an ally makes their move for that turn), but on Showdown it repeats the move used on the previous turn which leads to some pretty broken stuff like protecting and attacking on the same turn.
The video you posted clearly shows Instruct repeating the previous move, even if it's from the previous turn. It only fails on the first turn out, before the ally has made a move.
Turn 1, Minior just started in Shields Down form. I have no idea why.
When Minior has over 50% health, it transforms into Meteor Forme. However, it's default is the Core Forme, so it always transforms on its first switch in.

Focus Sash is used when Mimikyu's Disguise is broken. Not sure if it breaks just because the move WOULD OHKO without the disguise or if disguise and focus sash just have some super wierd interaction.

EDIT: http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen7pokebankou-480178097

Please refrain from telling me I'm bad I already know...

EDIT2: http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen7pokebankou-480189658

From what I can tell Sash only breaks when whatever the Disguise is hit with would have OHKO'd Mimikyu if it didn't have the disguise. Basically, Focus Sash procs due to an OHKO even though Disguise hasn't dropped.

Also unsure if this is an actual bug or not but Trace did not copy Disguise. May or may not be a bug at all but I figured I'd add it just in case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)