SPOILERS! Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Data Dumps

I'm wondering if anyone's been able to work out the version exclusives.

Also, Ditto's availability. Like, anytime before Solaceon? If after, around how far into the story?

Yes, both of these have to do with my teambuilding plans.

I'm thinking about those slates. Based on the names, I'm assuming they would denote...

Kanto: Legendary Birds
Johto: Legendary Beasts
Squall: Ho-Oh & Lugia
Oceanic: Kyogre
Tectonic: Groudon
Stratospheric: Rayquaza
Genome: Mewtwo

This would leave the only pre-gen 4 Legendaries unaccounted for as the Regis and Latis. I have to assume for very obvious reasons though that the game would account for the Regi trio in some way? Has there been anything found on an encounter trigger for them in the game anywhere; and at that anything for the Latis?

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Probably version exclusive roamers for the Latis.
I'm thinking about those slates. Based on the names, I'm assuming they would denote...

This would leave the only pre-gen 4 Legendaries unaccounted for as the Regis and Latis. I have to assume for very obvious reasons though that the game would account for the Regi trio in some way? Has there been anything found on an encounter trigger for them in the game anywhere; and at that anything for the Latis?
Version exclusive roamers, if I had to make a guess.
Honestly in my opinion the dope movesets the AI has make up the weird team choices. Cynthia's Milotic holds a Flame Orb to activate Marvel Scale, that's really cool.

It might be thrown off by the exp.all but in the games I use Exp. Share in (Shield and Ultra Sun) I never felt overleveled aside from Pokemon I traded in
Link to the movesets?

Honestly in my opinion the dope movesets the AI has make up the weird team choices. Cynthia's Milotic holds a Flame Orb to activate Marvel Scale, that's really cool.
https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeLeaks/comments/qqatnz
Flame Orb Milotic is just sick. So is Spiritomb with Sucker Punch.

Not crazy about her saving Garchomp for last no matter what, but with what I think is a move set of EQ, Dragon Claw, Poison Jab and Swords Dance, it's hard to complain. Not sure about EQ but I think it's a safe assumption. Expert Belt Lucario if true, is amazing as well.

I'm not saying she'll be Platinum levels of hard, but Cynthia might still pose a considerable threat given DP's level curve, even in spite of the Exp. All.

There's one room called "Soul"
I suspect that will account for the Eon duo. Soul Dew & all, seems a good a thing as any.

The Regi...honestly I bet those are encountered in the grand underground

I suspect that will account for the Eon duo. Soul Dew & all, seems a good a thing as any.
That might be what Mysterious Shards 'S' and 'L' relate to, at a guess. At the same time, I could also see one area in Ramanas park not requiring an item in order to introduce you to the gimmick of the place -- the Latis are also 'minor' enough that those would work vs something like Mewtwo or Kyogre.

I also decided to take a look at it from the map; and there appear to be 8 places which are either caves or have openings -- vs the 7 slates. So a Soul room without a related Slate fits

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeLeaks/comments/qqatnz
Flame Orb Milotic is just sick. So is Spiritomb with Sucker Punch.

Not crazy about her saving Garchomp for last no matter what, but with what I think is a move set of EQ, Dragon Claw, Poison Jab and Swords Dance, it's hard to complain. Not sure about EQ but I think it's a safe assumption. Expert Belt Lucario if true, is amazing as well.

I'm not saying she'll be Platinum levels of hard, but Cynthia might still pose a considerable threat given DP's level curve, even in spite of the Exp. All.
Watch as PogChomp has a Yache berry :bloblul:

Also, Milotic activating marvel scale via burn is dope! Means you can't toxic stall it out (and she for sure must know recover).

Thing is, we could get all that but without the full party exp + broken affection bs wombo combo. Yeah, the affection is optional, but it is tied to the following pokémon feature :facepalm:.

The Regi...honestly I bet those are encountered in the grand underground
There’s a Discovery Room in the Park which I’d bet is for the Regis.

Kanto = Bird trio
Genome = Mewtwo
Johto = Beast trio
Squall = Lugia
Rainbow = Ho-Oh
Discovery = Regi trio
Soul = Latias/Latios
Oceanic = Kyogre
Tectonic = Groudon
Stratospheric = Rayquaza
Distortion = Giratina/Griseous Orb

That would account for all of the Room locations

Oh, wow; that's like four rooms without slates. I see Distortion and Discovery as those are important for Sinnoh legendaries, but they just give you Latis and Ho-Oh straight up like that?

That might be what Mysterious Shards 'S' and 'L' relate to, at a guess. At the same time, I could also see one area in Ramanas park not requiring an item in order to introduce you to the gimmick of the place -- the Latis are also 'minor' enough that those would work vs something like Mewtwo or Kyogre.

I also decided to take a look at it from the map; and there appear to be 8 places which are either caves or have openings -- vs the 7 slates. So a Soul room without a related Slate fits

fwiw

127: "Entrance"
128: "Kanto Room"
129: "Johto Room"
130: "Soul Room"
131: "Rainbow Room"
132: "Squall Room"
133: "Oceanic Room"
134: "Tectonic Room"
135: "Stratospheric Room"
136: "Genome Room"
137: "Discovery Room"
138: "Distortion Room"

these are the "rooms"
Distortion Room I bet might be the place to go to get Giratina's orb, since we know Sendoff Spring & Turnback Cave are still present.

There's also these two things...

139: "Pure Space"
140: "Strange Space"
Wonder what those are about.

I think a missed oportunity they had was these galactic battle backgrounds. They have some planets. It would be dope to have the planet matching the name of the commander you're battling on them. (I need to check a vs Saturn battle to see if Saturn is in the background).
I can confirm the planets match the commander whos battling.

Greetings from Saturn.

Watch as PogChomp has a Yache berry :bloblul:

Also, Milotic activating marvel scale via burn is dope! Means you can't toxic stall it out (and she for sure must know recover).

Thing is, we could get all that but without the full party exp + broken affection bs wombo combo. Yeah, the affection is optional, but it is tied to the following pokémon feature :facepalm:.
The Exp. All is just really sad. I honestly believe this game would be vying with Platinum for the title of best in the main series if it was a toggle option. It's that devastating for me at least.

I think a missed oportunity they had was these galactic battle backgrounds. They have some planets. It would be dope to have the planet matching the name of the commander you're battling on them. (I need to check a vs Saturn battle to see if Saturn is in the background).
I mean this shouldn't have been a standard background anyway. Especially atop Spear Pillar I would've liked to have seen that as the backdrop for the double battle and Cyrus battle as opposed to this.

While we're here...

91: "Grand Underground"
92: "Western Zone"
93: "Eastern Zone"
94: "Southwestern Zone"
95: "Central Zone"
96: "Northwestern Zone"
97: "Southeastern Zone"
98: "Northeastern Zone"

Guessing the GU one is probably not usd at all, honestly...mostly because i imagine at any time yo uare instead in one of the "Zones" (which i imagine correspond with what we've seen o nthe map of the place)

100: "Plain Cave"
101: "Spacious Cave"
102: "Tall-Grass Cave"
103: "Grassland Cave"
104: "Watery Cave"
105: "Fountainspring Cave"
106: "Dusty Cave"
107: "Rocky Cave"
108: "Fiery Cave"
109: "Volcanic Cave"
110: "Muddy Cave"
111: "Swampy Cave"
112: "Twinkly Cave"
113: "Dazzling Cave"
114: "Snowdrift Cave"
115: "Whiteout Cave"
116: "Frosty Cave"
117: "Icy Cave"
118: "Riverbank Cave"
119: "Sandsear Cave"

Bunch of different caves, likely influenced by the statues we have out. Lots of variety

120: "Still-Water Cavern"
121: "Sunlit Cavern"
122: "Big Bluff Cavern"
123: "Stargleam Cavern"
124: "Glacial Cavern"
125: "Bogsunk Cavern"
126: "Typhlo Cavern"

hen there's these Caverns. These have pretty "impressive" names, and arent just caves. Wodner if these might be post game or require more complex statue set ups.

The Exp. All is just really sad. I honestly believe this game would be vying with Platinum for the title of best in the main series if it was a toggle option. It's that devastating for me at least.

I mean this shouldn't have been a standard background anyway. Especially atop Spear Pillar I would've liked to have seen that as the backdrop for the double battle and Cyrus battle as opposed to this.
fwiw the spear pillar backdrop is used in the battle against Dialga/Palkia

Has anyone run the BDSP TM learnsets against the DPPtHGSS learnsets to see if they have updates taken into account? Or compared to the HOME leak vs moves that are also teachable in SwSh? Might take some time and do that later if not

I'm fascinated by how messy the level-up learnsets are. It is such a stark contrast between the ported SWSH learnsets and the modified Gen VII learnsets for returning pokémon.

The SWSH learnsets are simple and straightforward, with linear level-up patterns and few duplicate moves. Meanwhile, the learnsets of returning pokémon keep the more complex level-up patterns from Gen VII and earlier, and have lots of duplicate moves. More importantly, returning pokémon that change their level-up learnset after they evolve (like Breloom) don't have access to all of their preevos moves, a change that was welcome in SwSh.

Since the Gen VII learnsets had to be adjusted to switch out any of the snapped moves from SwSh, several pokémon got new level-up moves in compensation. However, since the order of the learnsets haven't been updated, some of these replacement moves can sometimes either feel too weak or too strong for that level (for example Yanma lv 30 String Shot, Cacnea lv 16 Poison Jab).
Also, some pokémon (like Drowzee) didn't get all new moves as replacements. Instead, it got duplicates of Hypnosis.

All around, a lot of strange decisions and oddities among the learnsets of returning pokémon in BDSP.

At least there is a soft workaround for the Exp. All. If you don't mind running a rotating 15-18 mon team, the levels are going to be around where they were with base D/P for your mons, thus making things all the more harder. It's not a perfect workaround by any means, but at least it alleviates Exp. All breaking the game intentionally.

I can confirm the planets match the commander whos battling.

Greetings from Saturn.
Damn! They took care about a detail! OMG what's this? XD

Huh. Call me crazy, but... I'd respectively associate Celebi and Deoxys with 'pure' and 'strange'.
Celebi's dungeon in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue rescue team is called Purity Forest iirc

And tbh Celebi and Deoxys are the only 2 legends/mythicals before gen 4 not covered by the other known slates (since Jirachi and Mew are given to you).
I still wonder what happens to Shaymin, Darkrai and Arceus. If they are in-game events, I hope the items are given to you.

At least there is a soft workaround for the Exp. All. If you don't mind running a rotating 15-18 mon team, the levels are going to be around where they were with base D/P for your mons, thus making things all the more harder. It's not a perfect workaround by any means, but at least it alleviates Exp. All breaking the game intentionally.
Honestly, from the looks of it, that doesn't even seem necessary. Redditors are saying the level curve is about the same as SM / USUM, where you'll be within 1 - 2 levels of the enemy's level range.

I still might end up doing this though since the VS seeker is back lol.

Well, to tie with Platinum, it would need updated team rosters imo. Like, give Volkner a proper team. "Oh octillery is there for ground types". Alright, Rotom-Wash, Rotom-Mow and air balloon Magnezone want to know your location. And Flint, Candice and some other E4 like Aaron suffer from the same weak team composition problems. It's not only the type mismatch, but also the mons they use. Candice is gym 7 and uses sneasel and snover. Crasher wake is gym 5 and has a more threatning team in Gyarados, Floatzel and Quagsire. Even Fantina has a better team. Aaron uses Beautyfly and Dustox...for real?
And ofc, it would need the affection feature be separated from the walking mons. That's just bizarre, and a lazy way to implement the Amie features, that influences directly a very appreciated feature.

Spear pillar should be different, I agree with you! They use to mess up a bit on this. In pokémon XY you fought Lysandre over the sun, when you were at a bottom of an underground hideout?????

But I get it, they're not showing a Spear Pillar background, because they are hiding Hall of Origin :blobshrug:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)