EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hurricane
- Blizzard
- Substitute
- Surf

Pelipper is used to set up rain dance

Hurricane is used for dealing with grass types and grass types.

Substitute is used for protecting against moves that could ko pelipper such as thunder
it also enables pelipper to use blizzard and surf safely against fire types and grass type pokemon that can 1 hit ko swampert.

252 special attack is used to hit fighting types and grass types extremely hard
i maxed out pelippers speed to outspeed slower opponents such as snorlax or gastrodon .
Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Stealth Rock
- Substitute
- Toxic

Forretress is my main entry hazard setter
stealth rock is forretress main entry hazard
Giga Drain toxic and substitute is used
to defeat any water type that could threaten the rain team.

i maxed out forretress defenses obviously
to make forretress a defensive behemoth that has over 400 defense at level 100.

maximum special attack is used to make forretress Giga Drain and toxic hit very hard especially against water types.

sturdy is used to survive super strong fire type moves that can 1 hit ko forretress even in rain therefore guaranteeing forretress being able to set up stealth rock against fire types unless a double attack is used against me by the opponent.

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Blizzard
- Focus Blast
- Earthquake

this pokemon is a swift swim sweeper that is the bread and butter of my rain team being able to deal with most electric types thanks to earthquake.
Swampertite is used to mega evolve swampert turning it into mega swampert and becomes a powerful swift swim sweeper
With incredible power.

Hydro pump is used for dealing with rock types that really hurt pelipper
and fire types that can 1 hit ko forretress when using a super powerful fire type move even in rain.

Blizzard is used for coverage against grass types and opposing water types
it is also used to stop electric types immune to earthquake .

focus blast is another coverage move against ice types that are weak to fighting type moves.

Ludicolo @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Swords Dance

ludicolo is my second swift swim sweeper also being able deal with most of the grass types that threaten swampert
thanks to blizzard. Hydro pump is used as coverage against fire types in rain.
Swords dance is for boosting this pokemon's attack thus making ludicolo quite threatening in rain thanks to swift swim maxed special attack ivs and speed ivs.

giga drain is a stab move and used for dealing with rain teams and pokemon weak to grass type moves such as rock types water types or ground types.

Wishiwashi-School @ Life Orb
Ability: Schooling
EVs: 252 SpA
Serious Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Rest

this pokemon is mostly used for cleaning up late game thanks to its monstrous special attack stab attacks combined with life orb and hydro pump.
ice beam and eartquake is used for coverage against grass type pokemon and electric type pokemon that can really mess up school form wishi washi otherwise.

Magnezone @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magnet Pull
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Protect
this pokemon is used as coverage against flying types that really threaten ludicolo
and opposing rain teams.

maxed special attack makes sure this pokemon hits hard against opposing water types and flying types that can threaten the team. Thunder has 100 percent accuracy in rain which is why i chose thunder instead of thunderbolt. Volt Switch is used to switch out when a threatening pokemon against Magnezone arrives on the field such as a strong fighting type.

Because this is a doubles team protect is very useful and enables me to scout attacks aimed at magnezone or my other pokemon on the field. Flash Cannon is for coverage against fairy types like mimikyu or most of the tapu forms.

so what do you think about this team?

Last edited:
Just tried this team out
i have wiped out several doubles ou teams already
in as little as 7 turns :pimp:
that includes one sandstorm team with tyranitar.
even common pokemon like celesteela
don't stand a chance against this team.

http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen7doublesou-608130233

This is a replay of a match with this team that lasted only 7 turns and it shows just how deadly this team can be if used against teams with no counters to this team

Pelipper (F) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Blizzard
- Substitute
- Surf

Pelipper is used to set up rain dance

Hurricane is used for dealing with grass types and grass types.

Substitute is used for protecting against moves that could ko pelipper such as thunder
it also enables pelipper to use blizzard and surf safely against fire types and grass type pokemon that can 1 hit ko swampert.

252 special attack is used to hit fighting types and grass types extremely hard
i maxed out pelippers speed to outspeed slower opponents such as snorlax or gastrodon .
Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Stealth Rock
- Substitute
- Toxic

Forretress is my main entry hazard setter
stealth rock is forretress main entry hazard
Giga Drain toxic and substitute is used
to defeat any water type that could threaten the rain team.

i maxed out forretress defenses obviously
to make forretress a defensive behemoth that has over 400 defense at level 100.

maximum special attack is used to make forretress Giga Drain and toxic hit very hard especially against water types.

sturdy is used to survive super strong fire type moves that can 1 hit ko forretress even in rain therefore guaranteeing forretress being able to set up stealth rock against fire types unless a double attack is used against me by the opponent.

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Blizzard
- Focus Blast
- Earthquake

this pokemon is a swift swim sweeper that is the bread and butter of my rain team being able to deal with most electric types thanks to earthquake.
Swampertite is used to mega evolve swampert turning it into mega swampert and becomes a powerful swift swim sweeper
With incredible power.

Hydro pump is used for dealing with rock types that really hurt pelipper
and fire types that can 1 hit ko forretress when using a super powerful fire type move even in rain.

Blizzard is used for coverage against grass types and opposing water types
it is also used to stop electric types immune to earthquake .

focus blast is another coverage move against ice types that are weak to fighting type moves.

Ludicolo @ Focus Sash
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Swords Dance

ludicolo is my second swift swim sweeper also being able deal with most of the grass types that threaten swampert
thanks to blizzard. Hydro pump is used as coverage against fire types in rain.
Swords dance is for boosting this pokemon's attack thus making ludicolo quite threatening in rain thanks to swift swim maxed special attack ivs and speed ivs.

giga drain is a stab move and used for dealing with rain teams and pokemon weak to grass type moves such as rock types water types or ground types.

Wishiwashi-School @ Life Orb
Ability: Schooling
Serious Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Rest

this pokemon is mostly used for cleaning up late game thanks to its monstrous special attack stab attacks combined with life orb and hydro pump.
ice beam and eartquake is used for coverage against grass type pokemon and electric type pokemon that can really mess up school form wishi washi otherwise.

Magnezone @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magnet Pull
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Protect
this pokemon is used as coverage against flying types that really threaten ludicolo
and opposing rain teams.

maxed special attack makes sure this pokemon hits hard against opposing water types and flying types that can threaten the team. Thunder has 100 percent accuracy in rain which is why i chose thunder instead of thunderbolt. Volt Switch is used to switch out when a threatening pokemon against Magnezone arrives on the field such as a strong fighting type.

Because this is a doubles team protect is very useful and enables me to scout attacks aimed at magnezone or my other pokemon on the field. Flash Cannon is for coverage against fairy types like mimikyu or most of the tapu forms.

so what do you think about this team?
Well, it looks a bit unfinished.

For starters, hazards are completely unviable in DOU because the tier is so faced paced there is no need.

The Pelipper set is good, though I'd recommend putting those last 4 EVs in Defense.

The Forretress set isn't needed, so I'd recommend you use Specs Swift Swim Kingdra instead.
(Heres the set if needed:
Kingdra @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Flash Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Pulse

Mega Swampert doesn't need to mixed, as you are putting it's monstrous base 150 attack to no good use. Hydro Pump should be replaced with Waterfall, Blizzard can be replaced with Ice Punch, and Focus Blast can be replaced with Brick Break, Superpower, or Low Kick, and change the SpA EVs to HP.

The Ludicolo set is good, although Swords Dance doesn't do anything to make it stronger, as it is a special attacker. I'd replace Swords Dance with Focus Blast.

As for Wishiwashi, it is highly unviable and outclassed as a cleaner by Sash Marshadow.
(The set:
Marshadow @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
)

I like the Magnezone set, but you should really add the extra 256 EVs, probably 252 Speed and 4 HP.

All in all, the basis of the team is great, but the sets and mons need to be changed a bit.

Well, it looks a bit unfinished.

For starters, hazards are completely unviable in DOU because the tier is so faced paced there is no need.

The Pelipper set is good, though I'd recommend putting those last 4 EVs in Defense.

The Forretress set isn't needed, so I'd recommend you use Specs Swift Swim Kingdra instead.
(Heres the set if needed:
Kingdra @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Flash Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Pulse

Mega Swampert doesn't need to mixed, as you are putting it's monstrous base 150 attack to no good use. Hydro Pump should be replaced with Waterfall, Blizzard can be replaced with Ice Punch, and Focus Blast can be replaced with Brick Break, Superpower, or Low Kick, and change the SpA EVs to HP.

The Ludicolo set is good, although Swords Dance doesn't do anything to make it stronger, as it is a special attacker. I'd replace Swords Dance with Focus Blast.

As for Wishiwashi, it is highly unviable and outclassed as a cleaner by Sash Marshadow.
(The set:
Marshadow @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
)

I like the Magnezone set, but you should really add the extra 256 EVs, probably 252 Speed and 4 HP.

All in all, the basis of the team is great, but the sets and mons need to be changed a bit.
My team is doing even worse now than with my old team setup
i keep getting my ass handed to me by those fucking sun teams and all the other obnoxious weather teams. even when it's not weather my team keeps on struggling
my magnezone often takes a ton of damage from water type attacks or gets 1 hit ko'd even though electric is supposed to counter water. my team just keeps getting countered by everything effective against this team. sometimes though i manage to defeat teams.

Ok having looked at the team this needs a lot of work. For starters you seem to be quite new to doubles so I'd like to direct you to the overview thread which I highly recommend you read. http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/doubles-overview-rules-and-q-a-ask-questions-here.3587197/ Only one mon on your team has protect, when all of the mons you are using should be running it. Your sets need adjustments and a couple of mons need changing because they arent effective in doubles, but other than that the idea of your team is fine, rain is quite solid in the current meta.

Apart from hurricane on pelipper, the other moves dont quite work for your team: blizzard is not accurate enough to be effective, surf hits your partner which is never good, and pelipper doesnt force enough switches or is fast enough to make use of sub. I recommend changing to this moveset:

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Hydro Pump/Scald
- Tailwind
- Protect

The evs let you outspeed tapu koko under tailwind with max spatk. Tailwind helps your team out if you come up against opposing rain or your own rain happens to go down. Hydro pump or scald is up to you depending on your preferences.

Swampert should not be using special moves, youre missing out on its huge attack stat. Change to this set:

EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Protect

You outspeed scarf lando t in rain. here you still get solid coverage but dont waste moves or evs on special attacks.

Swords dance boosts physical attack on ludicolo, not special attack, making it useless. also ludi doesnt die to too much in one hit, so a focus sash isnt the best use of an item. I recommend an assault vest set to make ludi bulky while still being able to do damage in rain:

Ludicolo @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 136 SpA / 16 SpD / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fake Out
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain

The evs let you always ohko 4/0 mega salamence with ice beam and outspeed rash deoxys-a under rain, the rest is in bulk. fake out is useful to help with getting an attack off with your partner but isnt supposed to do damage so we dont need investment in attack.

I also recommend changing magnezone to a tapu koko. then you have a fast electric type which can fire off stronger thunders and also switch into mega salamence like magnezone does. i will give you an electrium z set because you dont have a z move on your team. the neat thing about electrium z koko is that you can use your z thunder outside of rain and still have perfect accuracy:

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect

Just max speed and max special attack hit hard and fast in and out of rain. something else to note is that koko provides a better answer to mega zard y outside of rain than magnezone, as koko is faster than zard.

Forretress is not very good in doubles at all. its not strong enough but also doesnt have the supportive qualities you want from more defensive mons in the meta, like celesteela. I am going to recommend an aegislash to you. This gives you a decent trick room check when paired with another of your hard hitters while keeping the steel typing thats so useful:

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- King's Shield
- Wide Guard
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon

min speed to be as slow as possible under opposing trick room. wide guard lets you block heat waves and thousand arrows that could harm your team. aegislash is really bulky in shield form and so makes good use of weakness policy. However, wiki berry is also a solid choice to give you more longevity for switching into attacks.

Finally, you already have 3 water types on your team so you dont want to stack typings with wishiwashi. it is also too slow to make use of the rain turns so i will recommend another change. since you have a horrible matchup vs ferrothorn i am going to suggest a terrakion. this gives you a fast and strong way to hit ferrothorn while also being a good zard y check.

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Life orb lets you hit a lot harder. stealth rock is the 3rd move because it is quite useful in doubles at times and could help you get some extra kos. however do not prioritise getting them up, only set them if absolutely necessary or if you have a free turn.

Hope you have success with these changes!
im going to leave the link to the doubles ou forum here. Anything with the tag 'Resource' i highly suggest you read as they are aimed at newer, less experienced players.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/sm-doubles-ou.393/

Ok having looked at the team this needs a lot of work. For starters you seem to be quite new to doubles so I'd like to direct you to the overview thread which I highly recommend you read. http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/doubles-overview-rules-and-q-a-ask-questions-here.3587197/ Only one mon on your team has protect, when all of the mons you are using should be running it. Your sets need adjustments and a couple of mons need changing because they arent effective in doubles, but other than that the idea of your team is fine, rain is quite solid in the current meta.

Apart from hurricane on pelipper, the other moves dont quite work for your team: blizzard is not accurate enough to be effective, surf hits your partner which is never good, and pelipper doesnt force enough switches or is fast enough to make use of sub. I recommend changing to this moveset:

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Hydro Pump/Scald
- Tailwind
- Protect

The evs let you outspeed tapu koko under tailwind with max spatk. Tailwind helps your team out if you come up against opposing rain or your own rain happens to go down. Hydro pump or scald is up to you depending on your preferences.

Swampert should not be using special moves, youre missing out on its huge attack stat. Change to this set:

EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Protect

You outspeed scarf lando t in rain. here you still get solid coverage but dont waste moves or evs on special attacks.

Swords dance boosts physical attack on ludicolo, not special attack, making it useless. also ludi doesnt die to too much in one hit, so a focus sash isnt the best use of an item. I recommend an assault vest set to make ludi bulky while still being able to do damage in rain:

Ludicolo @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 136 SpA / 16 SpD / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fake Out
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain

The evs let you always ohko 4/0 mega salamence with ice beam and outspeed rash deoxys-a under rain, the rest is in bulk. fake out is useful to help with getting an attack off with your partner but isnt supposed to do damage so we dont need investment in attack.

I also recommend changing magnezone to a tapu koko. then you have a fast electric type which can fire off stronger thunders and also switch into mega salamence like magnezone does. i will give you an electrium z set because you dont have a z move on your team. the neat thing about electrium z koko is that you can use your z thunder outside of rain and still have perfect accuracy:

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect

Just max speed and max special attack hit hard and fast in and out of rain. something else to note is that koko provides a better answer to mega zard y outside of rain than magnezone, as koko is faster than zard.

Forretress is not very good in doubles at all. its not strong enough but also doesnt have the supportive qualities you want from more defensive mons in the meta, like celesteela. I am going to recommend an aegislash to you. This gives you a decent trick room check when paired with another of your hard hitters while keeping the steel typing thats so useful:

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- King's Shield
- Wide Guard
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon

min speed to be as slow as possible under opposing trick room. wide guard lets you block heat waves and thousand arrows that could harm your team. aegislash is really bulky in shield form and so makes good use of weakness policy. However, wiki berry is also a solid choice to give you more longevity for switching into attacks.

Finally, you already have 3 water types on your team so you dont want to stack typings with wishiwashi. it is also too slow to make use of the rain turns so i will recommend another change. since you have a horrible matchup vs ferrothorn i am going to suggest a terrakion. this gives you a fast and strong way to hit ferrothorn while also being a good zard y check.

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Life orb lets you hit a lot harder. stealth rock is the 3rd move because it is quite useful in doubles at times and could help you get some extra kos. however do not prioritise getting them up, only set them if absolutely necessary or if you have a free turn.

Hope you have success with these changes!
im going to leave the link to the doubles ou forum here. Anything with the tag 'Resource' i highly suggest you read as they are aimed at newer, less experienced players.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/sm-doubles-ou.393/
You are right i just started trying doubles ou a few months ago
i first started with doubles rain teams. I have had mixed success
with my many different rain teams. sometimes my teams kick loads of ass and defeat many teams.

But mostly i got my ass handed to me by counters to rain teams

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)