Smogon Forums

LeopardTalon
LeopardTalon
I'm thinking Whismur. What spread are you making your Sableye? Is it going to be a special attacker or a physical attacker?
EnGarde
EnGarde
Lol, I was thinking whismur too. Good design on exploud, and skitty/vigoroth would've competed with wingull for my eviolite (I hope it'll be available in-game; wingull learns good moves at higher levels).
EnGarde
EnGarde
As for sableye: my fave competitive spread focuses on defenses with foul play as the main attack, but mega sableye is supposed to have boosted Sp.Atk and Def, so a modest nature sounds enticing. Still choosing between modest, bold, or calm (for better mixed defenses). I'm thinking egg moves nasty plot, recover, sucker punch (for future trade-ability), and trick (for the same).
LeopardTalon
LeopardTalon
I'm also making a Sableye and I settled for a Calm nature with a spread of 31/xx/31/31/31/31. Mine has the same egg moves yours does except instead of Sucker Punch it has Metal Burst for returning damage to the opponent.
LeopardTalon
LeopardTalon
Mega Sableye is the main reason I'm making my Sableye that way.
EnGarde
EnGarde
Yeah, I like that nature. Mixed defenses sounds like the way to go. :) Metal burst is also good for hitting fairies (sableye's only weakness), but sucker punch gets STAB and priority. Choices, choices...
LeopardTalon
LeopardTalon
Metal burst ignores weaknesses and resistances but say you are hit by a Fairyy move that deals a lot of damage. You can return that damage at 1.5 times greater than what they dealt to you.
EnGarde
EnGarde
The only problem with this logic is that sableye has a low base 50 HP stat, so it can't take many such hits (and it's projected high defense stat will reduce the HP lost on both sides). That's why something like wobbuffet (base 190 HP, base 58 defenses) is better suited to such a role with counter and mirror coat.
LeopardTalon
LeopardTalon
I'm thinking it would be useful as Mega Sableye with those increased Defenses.