Smogon Forums

Guard
Guard
its not a rule i made up for the record, it says so in the offical tour rules
Teggun Burcs
Teggun Burcs
I'm kind of confused by this because you're presented with a case in which you have to determine which player made the most effort to try to play; one player messaged the other, the other player ignored me, and apparently this is a situation in which both players are equally inactive?
Teggun Burcs
Teggun Burcs
I've never come across a situation like this in any other seasonal I've played which is why I'm so confused
Teggun Burcs
Teggun Burcs
What I see in the rules is: "[NEW] Leave your profile open to VMs or be the first to initiate contact when a round is posted. Failing to do either of these things may result in receiving an activity loss. See here for more details."
Guard
Guard
Give an activity win: if one person tried significantly harder than the other to get the game done.
Give an extension (extend the deadline until Wednesday of the following week): if both people put in similar amounts of effort in getting the game done.
Coinflip the match: if neither person put in any appreciable effort to get the game done.
Guard
Guard
so just one vm would fall under the last category i'm afraid, ie. not a situation where both players are equally inactive but a situation where both didnt put in appreciable effort
in the future something like: 'we still need to get this done, when were you free?' would work
Teggun Burcs
Teggun Burcs
Give an activity win: if one person tried significantly harder than the other to get the game done.
If we look at the amount of effort I put in vs the amount of effort my opponent put in to schedule our game, I clearly put significantly more effort in than my opponent.
Teggun Burcs
Teggun Burcs
I may not have given it an overwhelming amount of effort, but the fact stands that 1 message is infinitely more effort than 0 messages. I would make the argument then that one message vs zero is a significant difference of effort in trying to schedule a match.
Teggun Burcs
Teggun Burcs
As it currently stands there is a player in the winners' bracket who has thus far made zero effort to try to even play a single game, while I am here in losers' bracket after actually trying to schedule a game with this person.
Guard
Guard
i'll contact a td just to be sure and get back at you
Guard
Guard
i've talked it out with a td and decided that your vm was indeed proactive enough to fall under the 'act' category
ive reversed the decision as a result, your new opponent is NHelioX7
Guard
Guard
sorry for the inconveniences and thanks for contacting me about it!
NHelioX7
NHelioX7
For which tour is this?
Guard
Guard
ag winter ssnl
NHelioX7
NHelioX7
ok thank, well I can more or less play whenever you want Teggun, I'm gmt+1
Teggun Burcs
Teggun Burcs
thanks Guard for clearing it up, NHelioX7 can you play at 7 pm your time tomorrow?