4th Gen: A rarity...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, this is my first post, and I recognize Smogon has the best Pokemon Community, so heres one of my teams. I would like recommendations to change.

Okay, battling for about two years has made me believe that there is almost ALWAYS a bulky water, so I decided to stray away. ( I don't mind if you guys recommend me to use one though, this was just a test. ) Anyway, I have decided to use the newly popular offensive Suicune. Thus he was guaranteed a spot in the team.

Suicune has a couple weaknesses, Electric and Grass, so to cover them I chose a SubSeed Shaymin.

|

Now, I needed a simple, yet good, lead. I ended up choosing a Lead Gliscor.

|
|

If Suicune ended up fainting, I would have a big ice weakness, so I needed to help that with a Fire Type, which would also finish the Element Trilogy of Fire Water and Grass, and with there really only being two Fire Types in the OU metagame, It was either Infernape or Heatran. Heatran has a 4x resistance to ice, has a bit of bulk, and with the ever so popular Sandstorm, it seemed like a good choice.

|
|
|

With Heatran covering Ice Pokemon, I needed a Cleric and a Late Game Sweeper. I ended up choosing the Dragon Dance + Heal Bell Dragonite.

|
|
|
|

With two flying types a Grass type and a Suicune, Ground types shouldn't be a problem, and as a filler, I decided to use Life Orb Jolteon.

|
|
|
|
|

Now to the Team

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature: Jolly
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
~ Stealth Rock
~ Earthquake
~ Roost
~ Taunt

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Timid
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~ Calm Mind
~ Surf
~ Hidden Power Electric
~ Ice Beam

Shaymin @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Modest
252 HP / 76 SpA / 180 Spe
~ Leech Seed
~ Substitute
~ Seed Flare
~ Earth Power

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
~ Fire Blast
~ Earth Power
~ Substitute
~ Toxic

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Careful
252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
~ Dragon Dance
~ Heal Bell
~ Roost
~ Dragon Claw

Jolteon @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
~ Thunderbolt
~ Shadow Ball
~ Baton Pass
~ Hidden Power [Ice]

I will be glad to get any recommendations.

3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

This does not mean add one sentence saying "Standard x" or "all-around awesome" after each Pokemon. If you put thought into making the team, you can put thought into posting it.
I recommend Magnezone over Jolteon as it can eliminate Steel types to let Dragonite sweep.
It also has much better typing than Jolteon, resisting Ice, etc.

U-Turn is better then taunt on Gliscor, Taunt doesn't do that much against stall, as they can simply switch out, while U-Turn rocks vs offense.

Consider HP Fire on Shaymin over Earth Power, it hits Steel and Grass types hard.

Explosion could be better on Heatran than Toxic, seeing your team is offensive.

EDIT by Haunter: you have no descriptions. Private message me your descriptions for your six Pokemon and I'll unlock this thread. Note that Pkm descriptions =/= team building process.

Dragonite would like a life orb to sweep properly.

Shaymin and Heatran effectively end up doing the same role, except Heatran has more resistances and makes for a very nice revenge killer when scarfed. Replace Shaymin with Celebi and outsource Dragonite's cleric role to Celebi. Late game sweepers aren't very effective if they have to free up a slot for Heal Bell.

Now run Dragonite with the mixed sweeper set.

Here's something to consider:
Your team sets up very nicely for a late-game Lucario sweeper. It's not perfect, but it certainly works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)