A Festivus for the Rest of us!-5th Gen OU

And for the third time, Hello! After using my old team for a while I have tried another team, with keeping some old poke’s and adding a new concept, a team based on Kyuremu.
And for the name- It’s that wonderful time of year again, the holidays-no not Christmas…Festivus!
So, without further ado, I give you…
A FESTIVUS FOR THE REST OF US!

- -

------------------------------------------------------​

The Steel Pole (Metagross) @ leftovers
EVs 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe
Adamant nature
Ability: Clear body
- Stealth rock
- Bullet punch
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash

This is lead Metagross, meant only to set up stealth rock. The Steel Pole of Festivus is a simple, undecorated, aluminum pole with a good strength-to-weight ratio. And similar to such a thing, there is nothing really special about this Metagross. The reason I chose Metagross is for to damage the opposing lead after rocks, since it has no other role in particular.

Frank Costanza (Kyuremu) @ Choice specs
EVs 4 HP/ 252 SpAtk/ 252 Spd
Timid Nature
Ability: pressure
- Ice beam
- Draco meteor
- Hidden power (fire)
- Focus Blast

I have named this Kyuremu after the creator of Festivus, Frank Costanza. He is a very eccentric man, similar to this Kyuremu. It is a Choice Specs set, and hits like a truck. Ice Beam is for primary STAB, and Draco meteor is for tons of huge power. Hidden power fire and focus blast is for coverage in general. The Team was centered around this Kyuremu, and I have found this to be a very useful Pokémon, and always nets me at least 1 KO.

The Fruitcake (Sazandora) @ Life orb
EVs 192 Atk/64 SpAtk/252 Spe
Naive Nature
Ability: Levitate
-Outrage
-Fire Blast
-Surf
-Taunt

At the Festivus Dinner, A fruitcake is presented-To look at, not devour. But in this case (and in Soviet Russia), the fruitcake devours you! Now why Mixando you may ask? Wallbreaker. The Mixed set allows an unexpected surprise, as most people expect scarf. Skarm falls to this, and it 2HKOs Blissey/chansey with Outrage. If the opponent thinks he can switch in a specially defensive poke after seeing a special, they shall meet outrage, and vice versa. Outrage for. STAB. Taunt to shut down recovery, Fire Blast and Surf for coverage.

The Airing of Grievances (Voltolos/bortorosu) @ Life Orb
EVs 60 HP/ 120 Def/76 SpAtk/252 Spe
Timid Nature
Ability: Mischievous Heart
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Hidden Power (Ice)

Yeah, that’s right. I went and concocted a max speed semi-bulky nasty plot sweeper. And it has psychic to boot. Before explain the oddly bulky set, I will explain the name; during Festivus, you all gather around and tell everybody how much they have disappointed you over the past year. And, quite frankly, I am fed up with frail sweepers constantly destroyed by Roob and other common threats, and you have disappointed me, and I have a lot of problems with you sweepers! Anyway let’s start at the beginning, the EVs. I tried to make this set as bulky as possible with max speed, with still enough SpAtk. 76 EVs in SpAtk allows Voltolos to reach 610 after a nasty plot. I then put a decent amount in defense, and then dumped the rest in HP for bulkiness. Now why defense? To deal with my classic problem. You guessed it, Roobushin. That also explains the psychic on the set, I would not have it on there otherwise. Basically, Voltolos switches in when Roob does, and nasty plots once. Since Voltolos’ typing resists Roob’s STAB, he must then resort to payback, while after the nasty plot, Roob is plucked off by psychic. This has caused a lot of surprises, as people do not expect this at all. Thunderbolt is for STAB, Hidden power ice is for coverage.

The Human Fund (Chansey) @ pre-evolution stone
EV’s 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpDef
Bold Nature
Ability: Natural Cure
-Wish
-Protect
-Toxic
-Seismic Toss

And here we are again with another specially defensive pink blob. During the holiday season, to celebrate Festivus, instead of exchange gifts, we give people cards that state that a donation has been given in your name to a (totally fake) charity called the human fund (money for people). Well, that’s how it was 13 years ago anyway. Moving On, while this is an offensive team, my team requires wish support, especially with entry hazards. Sometimes I even use this as a toxic staller as a last resort, or just to annoy people. Nothing special here really, but is still excellent and spreading toxic around the opposing team.

The Feats of Strength (Roobushin) @ Leftovers
EVs 252 Atk/ 252 SpDef/4 HP
Adamant nature
Ability: Guts
-Bulk Up
-Mach Punch
- Drain punch
- Payback

After the Festivus Dinner, The leader of the house forces a person in the household to participate in the feats of strength, where Festivus only ends once the leader of the house is pinned to the ground. If that was the case in this team, I probably wouldn’t be here right now. Anyway, After I had everything for my team, I still had one slot to fill, And Roobushin had to fill it. This thing hits hard even after just one bulk up. It still does cover a lot of threats, Darkrai, Kirkizan, Blissey/ chansey, etc. Even Skarm occasionally falls to this, As a brave bird with little attack investment does a lot less than you may think. I just love coming in on a will-o-wisp for guts to activate, then bulk up and come off with a +2 attack Mach punch. With Roob being frail in SpDef, I maxed it out; its defense will be higher after a bulk up. I’m still torn between life orb and leftovers as the item though.

And with that we close. Comments/help/suggestions etc. always appreciated anytime!

And finally, Happy Festivus!

(and thank you for your donation to the human fund!)

That's a really fun team, and it's looking great. I love the inclusion of 2 mixed Dragon-type wallbreakers. Personally, I think that Metagross is not a good lead, unlike it's status as one of the best leads in Gen4. Metagross matches up badly against common leads like Borutorosu, Darkrai, and friends. I would suggest adding Lum Berry, however, to take sleep from Darkrai and KO with Meteor Mash -> Bullet Punch. This makes it a slightly better lead. However, with this, you still lose out to Ninetales and Politoed, common weather-inducing leads. You could consider running Explosion and some SDef EVs (over EQ) in order to set up Rocks and then Explode all over the other team's weather inducer.

Another way to solve this lead situation would be to make your Metagross an AgiliGross (late-game sweeper) and then run Specs Borutorosu as your lead (thus switching the roles of your 2 pokes). Here's my set for Specs Borutorosu, I've found it to be an incredible lead, as many people expect taunt and simply attack it, letting me OHKO stuff like Darkrai and other status inducers / spike setter uppers. Also, Specs Volt Change is insane for scouting.

[box]Borutorosu @ Choice Specs
Trait: Mischievious Heart
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Change offers crucial scouting, also hits incredibly hard with Specs
- Hidden Power [Ice] offers type coverage, hits Gliscor / Skymin / Dragons
- Thunderbolt / Focus Blast Focus Blast allows you a -risky- OHKO on stuff like Darkrai, Tyranitar, non SDefensive Nattorei, Heatran, etc. Thunderbolt is reliable STAB. I personally run TBolt and Focus Blast for the last 2 moves but that's preference, Focus Blast lets you hit Kirikizan, Dory, and Kobaruon as well.
- Psychic since you said you wanted it, it hits fighters incredibly hard, and also hits Gengar as a plus. with specs boost does massive damage to Rooby and Machamap. [/box]

[box]Metagross @ Life Orb
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Meteor Mash
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Thunderpunch / Explosion (to take out threats / big walls in your way)[/box]

For Roobushin, run Stone Edge over Payback. Hits flying threats harder, like Gyarados / Zapdos / Borutorosu. Payback is only useful if you predict it, as most Psychics / Ghosts carry Psychic and will easily revenge kill you.

Also for your MixSazandora and Kyuremu.. One suggestion. Go for a full-special Specs Kyuremu, and then Life Orb mixZora. Like this:

either use the smogon set "Specially Based Mix" (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80127) or use your current EV spread with Draco Meteor over Dragon Pulse and Life Orb. Also, you could throw 20 EVs into HP (from Spd). Consider Outrage over Crunch - just maybe, but Crunch can be very useful to hit Rankurusu and Burungeru I suppose.

For Kyuremu, you could make it either your lead or an antilead to come in after Borutorosu's Volt Change, as the attackign moves of Boru and Kyu combined have fantastic coverage. BoltBeam + more. Something like this

[box]Kyuremu @ Choice Scarf / Choice Specs / Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Timid / Modest nature
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I wish you luck! Merry Festivus.
- Focus Blast / Outrage[/box]

Most Roobushin carry Stone Edge, so I would suggest changing your Borutorosu's EV spread to a simple 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe one. Keep Psychic is you want, but just telling you that you won't get the oppurtunity to set up on Roob.

Here is a much more efficient Mixando set, which breaks stall and eliminates Blissey and other walls easily-

[SET]
name: Mixed Stall Breaker
move 1: Outrage
move 2: Fire Blast
move 3: Surf
move 4: Taunt / U-Turn
item: Life Orb
nature: Hasty
ability: Levitate
EV's: 192 Atk / 64 SpA / 252 Spe
With the given EV's and moveset, you can easily eliminate the likes of Nattorei, Skarmory and Blissey/Chansey. Outrage 2HKO's Blissey with the given 192 Atk EVs, while Taunt shuts down their recovery. Life Ob is required to nab the 2HKO on Blissey, and is better than leftovers on Mixando.

I suggest that you change Kyurem's set to Specs Kyurem, since you don't need two mixed Dragons on the same team. Specs Kyurem can easily 'sweep' once Sazandora weakens the opposition sufficiently.

Otherwise, this looks like a good team. Good luck.

Thanks, I have made some changes.
I was also wondering if you guys think lead gliscor with acrobat could be used instead of metagross, for purposes of countering roob.

Thanks, I have made some changes.
I was also wondering if you guys think lead gliscor with acrobat could be used instead of metagross, for purposes of countering roob.

That gives you 3 Ice weaks with no resist, I don't think that's the right route to go down. Also Specs DM OHKOs Roob as does LO Draco Meteor from Sazzy, so I wouldn't worry. Oh wait, Mach Punch. Sike. Bulky Boru can counter it with Psychic.. so you're fine.

Nice team. Some changes i would make is to switch that ice dragon type to a rankourosu (the psychic blob) You share a few weakness to common types like ice and fighting.Since you already have a decent counter to Roobushin this can further aid in stopping him while still maintaining your special attacker. A life orb set with magic guard would suffice or calm mind set would be good.With calm mind you have a chance at beating chansey or blissey and they can't toxic you due to magic guard. Give it maximum defense and maximum special attack and your good to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)