A Peaceful Week for the Town of Salem - WON BY THE MAFIA AND THE WITCH

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think a big barrier this game is gonna be centralizing role info because we dont trust each other enough that we'll be telling our role to the right person. so having someone who is guaranteed town and is publicized can allow for that. there is a guaranteed town protective who can camp on any of these people which will allow for their longevity and allow us to gain more greenchecks hopefully and these players can get claims from everyone else and fill out the role list to figure out what were playing as well as who doesnt fit into the slots weve determined are available

StupidFlandrs48

World’s sweatiest casual
is a Pre-Contributor
Wow, this is awfully fun to catch up to... arguably for the wrong reasons.

*Unvote

Okay so first things first, why did I, a notorious wallposter and chatterbox from my other NOcs, not post at all in the first phase? That's simple: I didn't see the point. If a day phase happens without a vote, it has no stakes. I dunno if there's a parallel to this in ToS, but in a pure mafia context I loathe it. We can barely make reads, and we certainly cannot act on them, which just means the phase will be controlled by whoever wants to vainly throw a hat into the TL ring or fish for free towncred. And if there's one thing that you can be sure of in these games, it's that there will be one if not multiple scum in that pool. This philosophy made me instantly suspicious of the highest posters from that phase, which gave me a tidy little list of initial scumreads consisting of the following: sunny, psy, Redless, and Dead by Daylight. Sadly I have absolutely no clue about what any of them look like w.r.t. meta, so I based my vote on the assumption that since DBD is a noob, he will have fairly noob-y scumtells, like sheeping onto someone else's scumread, which DBD did for me, and that's a better reason to vote him than I had for the other highposters. This becomes especially easy when the person is being scumread for super basic reasons like I was (lurking/lack of content). However, just as DBD's reaction to my lurking felt like noobscum, his reaction to my vote feels a LOT townier. OMGUS vote? Check. Incessantly hounding me in public for an explanation until I gave it? Check. Makes sense, he's leaning towny for me after that. Now with that out of the way, let's move on to some other things I've noticed now that the game has ACTUALLY STARTED:

Psy: still very active with the same posting style. Seems like he struggles to get reads on people, which I would call scummy if it wasn't for the fact that he is still contributing to the thread in other ways that benefit town. I hope he can fill the void in this town left by M2H, but I find policy lims are inherently scummy and he's pushing them harder than I've ever seen someone push them. Not comfortable voting him but he's certainly not a TR
sunny: Still going to sus them for now but I can't do much with it due to low presence. Reaction to DBD vote was very hedgy, which gives me 3P (maybe arsonist) vibes in this context because of how they were trying to spread assumptions about the setup based on the NK that are almost certainly not safe to make. Also matches up with the firefighter stuff from yesterday that came on really strong.
Redless: No content. Slight scumlean.
pulsar: Initial posts seem towny, I didn't like her D0 but I enjoy how she's handled genisu and the other shenanigans of the thread.
Lechen: I am so confused at everything I've read from this man. If that Retrib stuff is a real claim then he's acting blatantly anti-town (not scummy, but anti-town), and if it's a fake claim then I want to vote him. Sadly we have no way of verifying it; if there's a cop/cop equivalent, could they please get on him tonight? I dunno if Lechen thought this claim would help with mechsolving, but it hardly narrows anything down at this stage. Such a waste of a strong role.
genisu: If I can't nail down anyone else to lynch, he's my backup vote.
Alice: I can't read her properly and I'll never be able to.
HyHy: I feel like a lot of reading HyHy comes down to judging very small differences in his volume and depth of content between town and scum play. That'll take more time to figure out.

*Vote sunny004

flandrs just thinks hes him getem outa here
Certified icbb moment
it helps us get info and helps me form reads! i cant read anyone who im not interacting with
If you value interacting with people, don't be insufferable. We've been over this. Now can we go back to the MM3 version of you, I thought that was a big improvement

Lechen

the crest of flames
is a Tiering Contributor
Lechen: I am so confused at everything I've read from this man. If that Retrib stuff is a real claim then he's acting blatantly anti-town (not scummy, but anti-town), and if it's a fake claim then I want to vote him. Sadly we have no way of verifying it; if there's a cop/cop equivalent, could they please get on him tonight? I dunno if Lechen thought this claim would help with mechsolving, but it hardly narrows anything down at this stage. Such a waste of a strong role.
again, I'm sorrryyyy. I have told you in diplo cord prior to this game i have not played mafia much before. I thought it would be wise for me to reveal since i can confirm tn with Celever's corpse and according to my friends who played ToS having a confirmed town early helps town confirm other players.

realizing tos meta is kinda difficult to make work here, especially because of the different mindset of a tos player vs a mafia player. this will be difficult but its also a really advantageous meta to employ in a game like this

again, I'm sorrryyyy. I have told you in diplo cord prior to this game i have not played mafia much before. I thought it would be wise for me to reveal since i can confirm tn with Celever's corpse and according to my friends who played ToS having a confirmed town early helps town confirm other players.
honestly ive come around and i think you revealing is better than not. im coming around to more open claims happening

Lechen

the crest of flames
is a Tiering Contributor
Also, I feel very upset you think I'm blatantly anti-town. I did hours of research on ToS (just like the hours of research I spent after joining diplo) only to be accused of having bad player conduct for doing something I thought would be helpful based on my research

Also, I feel very upset you think I'm blatantly anti-town. I did hours of research on ToS (just like the hours of research I spent after joining diplo) only to be accused of having bad player conduct for doing something I thought would be helpful based on my research
don't apologize i don't know what people are accusing you of doing but i am firmly on your side and believe you did nothing wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)