Pending Add an "Affected by Good as Gold" tag to status moves

Dead by Daylight

GO DIRECTLY TO JAIL. DO NOT PASS GO.
is a Contributor to Smogon
pretty simple suggestion; status moves already have a Bounceable tag attached to them and unless only Bounceable moves are affected by GaG, I think this tag would be pretty helpful.

Aqua Jet

Boba Bitch
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Unless there are status moves that Good as Gold doesn't interact with then it's fine as is - Good as Gold's definition is "This Pokemon is immune to Status moves." which means that if it is a status move, the GaG Pokemon will be immune to it, making any additional tag irrelevant.

E: Spelling error

Last edited:
Unless there are status moves that Good as Gold doesn't interact with then it's fine as is
Little bit of a nitpick but kind of relevant for what I think causes the confusion with what GaG doesn't and does interact with.
There are few status moves that don't interact with GaG but I think this categorization is for moves that don't DIRECTLY hit the user.
For example...
Haze and Stealth Rock are usable against a pokemon with Good as Gold. Stealth Rock targets the users SIDE, Haze is more of a "targets field" (more accurate, targets all pokemon) rather than a target user - and that's typically the difference between status moves that GaG doesn't and does block. For example, moves like trick which directly affect the pokemon fail.

Edit: the /ms command on PS! has target parameters. /nms status, targets one adjacent Pokemon, all - I couldn't see any moves here that GaG ignores. ALTHOUGH /ms status, targets opponents side and /ms status, targets all pokemon show moves that I believe GaG all ignore. If anyone sees anything that isn't correct let me know, but I think the answer to this suggestion already exists - it's just down to whatever the move targets.

And edit 2: Yes. If anyone reading this is curious, for whether or not they want to compile a full list or make an accurate parameter search, note that moves used by allies that affect the pokemon with good as gold, such as helping hand, fail.

Last edited:

Dead by Daylight

GO DIRECTLY TO JAIL. DO NOT PASS GO.
is a Contributor to Smogon
Little bit of a nitpick but kind of relevant for what I think causes the confusion with what GaG doesn't and does interact with.
There are few status moves that don't interact with GaG but I think this categorization is for moves that don't DIRECTLY hit the user.
For example...
Haze and Stealth Rock are usable against a pokemon with Good as Gold. Stealth Rock targets the users SIDE, Haze is more of a "targets field" (more accurate, targets all pokemon) rather than a target user - and that's typically the difference between status moves that GaG doesn't and does block. For example, moves like trick which directly affect the pokemon fail.

Edit: the /ms command on PS! has target parameters. /nms status, targets one adjacent Pokemon, all - I couldn't see any moves here that GaG ignores. ALTHOUGH /ms status, targets opponents side and /ms status, targets all pokemon show moves that I believe GaG all ignore. If anyone sees anything that isn't correct let me know, but I think the answer to this suggestion already exists - it's just down to whatever the move targets.

And edit 2: Yes. If anyone reading this is curious, for whether or not they want to compile a full list or make an accurate parameter search, note that moves used by allies that affect the pokemon with good as gold, such as helping hand, fail.
Just to add to this, not all moves not marked with the "Affected by Magic Bounce" tag work against GaG as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)