Ubers Arceus-Electric

blitzlefan

shake it off!
I added a slight variation of it to the overview. Would what I said work?
I'd just go simple and put "Dare not incur His wrath, as a Judgment coming off of a 508 Special Attack after a Calm Mind boost is not something one should mess with."

Well, I think that this analysis is done! Thanks to everyone who helped me write this. I am happy with the quality of this analysis, and I hope to do more of these in the future. Well done, everyone!

Two things:
1. If I should remove the ability tag, shouldn't I also remove the item tag?
2. Regarding the damage calculations: what does the &mdash mean?
  1. No, the item tag is always left in even when you are talking about something that is forced to use an item. I'm not sure what the initial reason was for this, but it's standard across the site.
  2. — is the html code for an em-dash, which is this: —

1. No, the item tag is always left in even when you are talking about something that is forced to use an item. I'm not sure what the initial reason was for this, but it's standard across the site.
  2. — is the html code for an em-dash, which is this: —
I just manually put in a —, if it's okay.

Is support Arceus-Electric really bad ?
If Electric doesn't have a lot of resistances (Electric and paralysis-immune are really useful, Flying and Steel are not bad too), it also has only one weakness and Electric is good offensively.
I think Arceus-Electric can be a decent Defog user, with Judgment and Will-o-Wisp/Ice Beam with a defensive spread.

Edit :

Arceus-Electric @ Zap Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Will-o-Wisp / Ice Beam / Toxic
- Defog
- Recover

Check Zekrom and Palkia very well. Ho-oh won't be able to switch in and can't break it without Earthquake and Life Orb or Choice Band.
Landorus-T and Groudon can't break it thanks to Will-o-Wisp. Gliscor is KOed by Ice Beam. Toxic might be useful against opposing Calm Mind Arceus.
This is a really decent alternative to Arceus-Rock in my opinion.

Last edited:
Is support Arceus-Electric really bad ?
If Electric doesn't have a lot of resistances (Electric and paralysis-immune are really useful, Flying and Steel are not bad too), it also has only one weakness and Electric is good offensively.
I think Arceus-Electric can be a decent Defog user, with Judgment and Will-o-Wisp/Ice Beam with a defensive spread.

Edit :

Arceus-Electric @ Zap Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Will-o-Wisp / Ice Beam / Toxic
- Defog
- Recover

Check Zekrom and Palkia very well. Ho-oh won't be able to switch in and can't break it without Earthquake and Life Orb or Choice Band.
Landorus-T and Groudon can't break it thanks to Will-o-Wisp. Gliscor is KOed by Ice Beam. Toxic might be useful against opposing Calm Mind Arceus.
This is a really decent alternative to Arceus-Rock in my opinion.
The only problem that I see with this is that it has only three resistances, no immunities, and 15 types that can hit it at full power or higher. Also, like a few people said earlier, it doesn't really do anything that another support Arceus type can't do better, because it doesn't have the greatest defensive typing. Offensively, however, with Ice Beam it gets wonderful coverage, and it therefore becomes a dangerous Calm Mind sweeper. That's why I only included the CM set and put support in OO, if you can see my logic behind this.

Ok I'd like to weigh in here since I have experience with support eleceus.

It doesn't deserve a main set IMO. What you could do is elaborate on its uses a bit more in oo, right now you're making it seem completely outclassed which isn't the case. For example, I run it on one of my better teams for a rather specific set of reasons. Firstly I use it as a Yveltal check as it switches into owing nicely (ofc I run a dark resist as well) and forces ygod out. It can switch into Ho-oh in a pinch as well (this one differentiates it from fairyceus), and remains a great Palkia check (and this one from Rockceus). The para immunity is a bonus. This is basically the entirety of what it does, so it's really too niche to deserve a main set IMO; what it does deserve is to be talked about a little more in oo. Since this analysis is already considered done, whether or not to do this is up to your own discretion. Just my 2 cents :]

Last edited:

It doesn't deserve a main set IMO. What you could do is elaborate on its uses a bit more in oo, right now you're making it seem completely outclassed which isn't the case. For example, I run it on one of my better teams for a rather specific set of reasons. Firstly I use it as a Yveltal check as it switches into owing nicely (ofc I run a dark resist as well) and forces ygod out. It can switch into Ho-oh in a pinch as well (this one differentiates it from fairyceus), and remains a great Palkia check (and this one from Rockceus). The para immunity is a bonus. This is basically the entirety of what it does, so it's really too niche to deserve a main set IMO; what it does deserve is to be talked about a little more in oo. Since this analysis is already considered done, whether or not to do this is up to your own discretion. Just my 2 cents :]
I added this to the analysis. However, I'm not sure whether to give you credit (for legal purposes) or not (for a better-quality analysis).

Each support Arceus differ from the others by checking some mons anyway.
Checking Yveltal, Palkia, Zekrom while not being Ho-oh bait is a lot. Arceus-Rock and Arceus-Water are about the same.

Anyway, I'm wondering which move is the best between Ice Beam, Toxic and Will-o-Wisp :
- Ice Beam is the only one which allow it to break Gliscor.
- Toxic is great on him for opposing Arceus (most support sets, CM Arceus-Electric, CM Arceus-Ghost...) while Groudon and Lando-T won't like it too much
- Will-o-Wisp is nice against Groudon and Landorus-T

Each support Arceus differ from the others by checking some mons anyway.
Checking Yveltal, Palkia, Zekrom while not being Ho-oh bait is a lot. Arceus-Rock and Arceus-Water are about the same.

Anyway, I'm wondering which move is the best between Ice Beam, Toxic and Will-o-Wisp :
- Ice Beam is the only one which allow it to break Gliscor.
- Toxic is great on him for opposing Arceus (most support sets, CM Arceus-Electric, CM Arceus-Ghost...) while Groudon and Lando-T won't like it too much
- Will-o-Wisp is nice against Groudon and Landorus-T
Status is the way to go on a support set, because if you're going to use Ice Beam, you might as well run Calm Mind. You said that Groudon and Landorus Therian Forme won't like either WoW or Toxic, but you also mentioned that Toxic cripples opposing Arceus as well, so based on your arguments (and the fact that nearly every other support Pokémon besides Arceus runs Toxic), I'd go with Toxic. But it really is dependent on what your team needs.

There's no rights to sets in mons so you don't need to credit anybody. Just make sure the changes check out with gp or something.

Should the Checks and Counters section be directed more at the person running AE, or the person facing Him? If the latter is the case, I feel like the Toxic section should be rewritten.

What would arceus miss out on by running focus blast over ice beam (besides ground types that you don't want to fight anyway)? It seems that most things arceus can't hit super-effectively with judgement will already be a problem for it even with the beam slapped on (dialga, ferrothorn, tyranitar), but focus blast can turn the tables on those matchups.

What would arceus miss out on by running focus blast over ice beam (besides ground types that you don't want to fight anyway)? It seems that most things arceus can't hit super-effectively with judgement will already be a problem for it even with the beam slapped on (dialga, ferrothorn, tyranitar), but focus blast can turn the tables on those matchups.
Zekrom, Garchomp, and Giratina's all become much larger threats. Also I bet Shaymin S can set up seeds on you and attempt to flinch stall you out

Lando-T

Blue Jay

The notorious Good Wife
is a Contributor Alumnus
It doesn't actually have a big problem fighting most Ground-types though. Apart from Ground Arceus it outspeeds all of them and can certainly beat them. Landorus-T, Gliscor and Garchomp are OHKOed by Ice Beam, while Groudon is quite easily worn down to the point where Electric Arceus OHKOs it after a single Calm Mind. Hippowdon has reliable recovery but has poor special bulk, meaning that it has to be at high health to take a boosted Ice Beam (and can't really switch in at all, for fear of an Ice Beam on the switch). Excadrill is more troublesome than the rest, but is quite rare and can also get worn down. Also keep in mind that Arceus has substantial bulk, while most Ground types in the tier invest EVs in bulk rather than Attack and carry defensive items, leaving them far from able to OHKO Electric Arceus if it must take a hit from them:

4 Atk Groudon Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Electric: 264-312 (59.4 - 70.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

And yeah, the likes of Giratina and Zekrom can also get annoying.

I know this is already finished, but I feel that Substitute > Recover is worth a mention in moves, especially since you mentioned the ubiquity of Toxic and how much it threatens an Eleceus sweep. With an offensive EV spread, setting up a Substitute mid/late-game on something like SpD Palkia or Scizor trying to Toxic can clinch games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)