Not open for further replies.

Name: Arceus-Rock
Type: Rock
Abilities: Multitype
Base Stats: 120 / 120 / 120 / 120 / 120 / 120
Movepool: http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/arceus-rock/moves
Stats and movepool unconfirmed

General Description:
Fuck Rayquaza. Fuck Ho-Oh. Stall will really like an Arceus form since Perish Song is so important now and why not one that totally fucks over these formerly Stealth Rock plagued threats? Could also use a cool CM set although Specially Defensive Kyogre will be an even bigger thorn in its side with the new sleep mechanics.

Last edited:
This guy is actually a great mon right now in ubers! I'd say its one of the best support Arceus formes because it threatens the newly buffed Ho-oh and Rayquaza, as well as Lugia to a certain extent, and many teams without a Kyogre are hard-pressed to deal with it.

The set with Defog/Will-O-Wisp/Judgement/Recover is a favorite of mine right now; its able to check a whole bunch of stuff while clearing hazards for the team throughout the match.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I agree, Arceus-Rock is p. cool in 6th gen. It can also check Yveltal which is a pretty huge threat to most teams as well. It pretty much needs WoW though so it doesn't get donked by the new Steels though (Aegislash, Mega Scizor, the odd Mega Lucario).

Stopping SD Arceus, SD Rayquaza, Ho-oh, Yveltal and put hard pressure on Lugia, while being able to use Defog, that's a lot.

Arceus-Rock@Stone Plate
Timid nature
252HP/4Satk/252Spd

Will-o-Wisp
Judgment
Defog/Calm Mind
Recover

With Arceus-ghost being less interesting and Ho-oh being more common (thanks to Defog), this might be the best support-Arceus moveset this gen.

Stopping SD Arceus, SD Rayquaza, Ho-oh, Yveltal and put hard pressure on Lugia, while being able to use Defog, that's a lot.

Arceus-Rock@Stone Plate
Timid nature
252HP/4Satk/252Spd

Will-o-Wisp
Judgment
Defog/Calm Mind
Recover

With Arceus-ghost being less interesting and Ho-oh being more common (thanks to Defog), this might be the best support-Arceus moveset this gen.
"Stopping" SD Arceus - Won't stop a Lum SD Arceus or an already +2 Arceus that wins the speed tie.

Also, Arceus-Poison, Psychic and Fairy both got pretty huge buffs. Poison provides a toxic immunity, which is huge with the abundance of toxic all of a sudden. While Arceus-Rock and Arceus-Fairy can die to toxic and no longer be able to defog, Arceus-Poison is more reliable. Arceus-Psychic, additionally, is the best check at the moment (besides Aeroblast Lugia) to Bulk Up Mewtwo.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
"Stopping" SD Arceus - Won't stop a Lum SD Arceus or an already +2 Arceus that wins the speed tie.

Also, Arceus-Poison, Psychic and Fairy both got pretty huge buffs. Poison provides a toxic immunity, which is huge with the abundance of toxic all of a sudden. While Arceus-Rock and Arceus-Fairy can die to toxic and no longer be able to defog, Arceus-Poison is more reliable. Arceus-Psychic, additionally, is the best check at the moment (besides Aeroblast Lugia) to Bulk Up Mewtwo.
The best checks, or better, counters to Bulk Up Mega Mewtwo X are Arceus Fairy and Arceus Ghost, which take +1 Zen Headbutt for ~55% damage and OHKO back with Judgment after SR.

The best checks, or better, counters to Bulk Up Mega Mewtwo X are Arceus Fairy and Arceus Ghost, which take +1 Zen Headbutt for ~55% damage and OHKO back with Judgment after SR.
Arceus-Ghost doesn't have much utility besides that, though, with YGod on every team, as it's main niche last gen was spin blocking. Arceus-Rock resists Extremespeed so Willowisp variants of the two sets function rather similarly, but Arceus-Ghost gets fucked by Ho-oh

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Arceus-Ghost doesn't have much utility besides that, though, with YGod on every team, as it's main niche last gen was spin blocking. Arceus-Rock resists Extremespeed so Willowisp variants of the two sets function rather similarly, but Arceus-Ghost gets fucked by Ho-oh
Arceus Ghost can WoW Yveltal as it comes in, and SR + WoW damage is bound to take its toll. And yeah Arceus Ghost does nothing against Ho-Oh but i was simply stating the fact that he is the best counter to MMX alongside Arceus Fairy, and both Pokemon have a lot going for them and are perfectly usable.

Arceus Ghost can WoW Yveltal as it comes in, and SR + WoW damage is bound to take its toll. And yeah Arceus Ghost does nothing against Ho-Oh but i was simply stating the fact that he is the best counter to MMX alongside Arceus Fairy, and both Pokemon have a lot going for them and are perfectly usable.
Yeah, I just don't see much of a reason to use Arceus-Ghost over Arceus-Fairy - now that I think about it Arceus-Ghost can switch out of Mega-Gengar but that seems about it. Arceus-Ghost doesn't really wall any significant threats that Arceus-Fairy doesn't besides Scizor and Genesect, which are walled by plenty of things that make good partners to Arceus-Fairy. So I would guess it would be rare that I would use Arceus-Ghost over Arceus-Rock or Arceus-Fairy was my point. I understood what you were saying, just making a different point.

Why do people insist on running max speed on Arceus-Rock. Imo 168 with neutral nature should be enough to out-speed any relevant threats.

252 HP / 88 Def / 168 Spe
Bold Nature

Or

252 HP / 88 SDef / 168 Spe
Calm Nature

You need max speed in order to at least tie Jolly E-killer and Will-o-wisp it (E-killer is either better off running Jolly just for the purpose of beating some wow support arc this gen, or running lum berry). Furthermore, a desperate kill or status, or defog for that matter against another Arceus is often very useful- for example some people ran support Fightceus wit max speed for just that reason last gen. With that spread you are slower than max speed Yveltal which is honestly really bad if you need to kill it or recover when low against it.

You need max speed in order to at least tie Jolly E-killer and Will-o-wisp it (E-killer is either better off running Jolly just for the purpose of beating some wow support arc this gen, or running lum berry). Furthermore, a desperate kill or status, or defog for that matter against another Arceus is often very useful- for example some people ran support Fightceus wit max speed for just that reason last gen. With that spread you are slower than max speed Yveltal which is honestly really bad if you need to kill it or recover when low against it.
Ahh, right. Forgot about Yveltal and Xerneas. Enough speed to outrun positive base 99 seems more reasonable then.

Personally I would not put myself in a situation where I have to get off a "desperate" defog or status against another Arceus since the best you can hope for is a speed tie.

Ekiller is better off running Adamant and Lum imo since Jolly Ekiller's ES is pitifully weak and don't have as much revenge killing utility.

Silk Scarf Jolly E-killer E-speed>Lum Berry Adamant E-killer E-speed

You alleviate the use of Lum by running speed boosting nature (and sometimes Life Orbed coverage moves on a Jolly set helps you a lot vs support Arceus-Rock).

Silk Scarf Jolly E-killer E-speed>Lum Berry Adamant E-killer E-speed

You alleviate the use of Lum by running speed boosting nature (and sometimes Life Orbed coverage moves on a Jolly set helps you a lot vs support Arceus-Rock).
If you're running Jolly without Lum Berry, wouldn't you still lose to a slower Arceus Rock with Bold Nature and some EVs investment in defense?

A spread of 252 HP/160 Def/96 Spd with Timid nature give you 330 Speed (outspeed up to max speed 100 base stat) and has some good points :
- can switch in every set of Ho-oh, even Scarf as it take less than 50% from max Atk Earthquake
- always survive +2 Earthquake from +2 Adamant Arceus if no Life Orb and Will-o-Wisp back
- always survive max atk Groudon Earthquake boosted by Earth Plate (and 70% of the time with Life Orb), Will-o-Wisp back and Recover

I don't know if this is better than the ability to speed tie opposing Arceus though.

Last edited:
I'm running 252HP/156Def/84SpD/16Spe with a Calm nature; the SpD nature and EV's ensure it is never OHKO'ed by LO Mewtwo, and the Speed EV's allow it to outspeed max speed neutral-natured base 90's.

This thing is such a great Ho-oh beater it's not even funny.
What's cool is the defensive core that it makes with Ho-oh. While they share a water weakness, put in a Ferrothorn and you have a fantastic defensive core. Ho-oh resists/is immune to ground, fighting, steel, and grass, 4 of Rocks weaknesses. Furthermore Ho-oh can beat Blaziken, Aegislash, and to an extent Xerneas, which are always 3 things every team has trouble with, while Rockeus beats opposing Ho-oh, Rayquaza, and non focus blast Ylveltal.

What's cool is the defensive core that it makes with Ho-oh. While they share a water weakness, put in a Ferrothorn and you have a fantastic defensive core. Ho-oh resists/is immune to ground, fighting, steel, and grass, 4 of Rocks weaknesses. Furthermore Ho-oh can beat Blaziken, Aegislash, and to an extent Xerneas, which are always 3 things every team has trouble with, while Rockeus beats opposing Ho-oh, Rayquaza, and non focus blast Ylveltal.
You got my attention there, wonder what EVs and Natures I should try out with this core?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)