Social Are you a parent? If not, do you ever want to have children?

PacificMarill

vibing marill-y
is a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
I was thinking about this the other day, so funny that I saw this thread!

I honestly worry that I wouldn't be a great parent. I was raised harshly, my mom is a good bit older than me (born in the 50s), so she taught me REALLY old school.
I also kind of worry that, even at my age, I really don't have my life together. I struggle with the day to day and just getting by and keeping my composure. I think maybe I would want kids someday, but I'm already in my mid-20s and I still don't.

Definitely an interesting thought though, cool thread to read

Vid

Our life is what our thoughts make it
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I am not a parent, nor do I have plans to be in the immediate future, as I have grown up with young children all my life. In the long run, I may have children, but I do not see it until I feel I can reasonably support a child because I have seen many parents having children but do not have the means to provide for their children. Also, there is the issue of finding the right person to have children with because having children with the wrong person can cause long-term problems for the child, which is a burden I do not want to place on my child.

In terms of showing my children Pokemon, it just depends. I am not going to force it. If they like Pokemon, that's great; if they don't, that's fine.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
No and no. I have a rather doomer view of the world though, kids annoy me, and I wouldn’t be a good parent.

Empress

Don't waffle or you'll get pancaked
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I almost want to have kids just to spite my old therapist who said I'd never be able to adopt one b/c I'm trans and autistic. Yes, that actually happened. But hey, if she could adopt a kid despite being a single parent and a massive bigot, I can too!

I also pay like $250 a year for my sperm to sit in a freezer. I'll have kids one day; it's just a matter of when the right time is, as well as how I'll go about it.

Been wanting my own kid for years now, since I was 17 just about. I think it's the two-way street of bettering yourself when becoming a parent and raising a mini version of yourself that makes the idea just that appealing to me. I wanna raise someone who I can love, someone I can treat right, someone who is a second chance for me. Do what my dad never wanted to do. My current situation makes that hard for me right now considering how occupied my life is but I would do anything for this hypothetical person. Kick my ass and break my back for them, yet still show them unconditional love with no sweat. I wouldn't wish for anything more.

I'd have loved to have several kids one day, but I can't let that happen for many reasons. I'll mention only the easiest to talk about or those aren't specific to me --
There is a serious lack of safe public spaces and kid spaces out there today, unlike how it was when I was a small kid. I've also been hearing that the standards for education in schools, and even safety/comfort in schools has been pretty bad. There's a destruction/vanishing of children's parks or spaces, makes it difficult for kids to go get their exercise like they are supposed to do, and a lack of boundaries for kids who are just trying to play in playgrounds that are supposed to be for them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)