SV OU Bad player, worse team -- 1950 elo

Why haven't you used Metronome Enamorus?

• Why HAVEN'T I used Metronome Enamorus??

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • The NFL is rigging games to attract Swifties

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • Ban Kingambit

Votes: 17 33.3%

• Total voters
Hi - here's a weird team that works only because I am a stupendous player. I cooked this up, climbed 300 ELO, switched teams and then dropped back down to the dregs. Don't use it.

Team-Building
I started with this TURBO-JANK
:Dragonite::Glimmora::Enamorus::Darkrai::Kingambit::Great Tusk:
https://pokepast.es/742a848a67e465a5
This features wonders like T-bolt DD dragonite, Mirror Herb Kingambit, and SpDef bulk up steel tusk (which is actually a sick set). Use that at your own risk. It's not a bad team. I think I got to about 1900 with it, but it's got some issues...
I will say: sash, Thunder Wave, Confuse Ray :Darkrai: -- awesome set and it's a great way to make friends on the ladder.

I started over, but wanted to use a few of the same sets.

:Kyurem: For whatever reason, the team du jour on ladder is Rain. Rain RAIN RAINNNNN. Stupid copy-pasting noobs. All you have to do is click Specs Freeze Dry and they lose. Pretty simple.
:Kyurem::Glimmora: Next up, I wanted to get some T-Spikes cookin' because Kyrurem goes great with T-Spikes. This Glimmora is a sneaky lure set I'll cover later.
:Kyurem::Glimmora::Sandy Shocks: Since glimorra isn't running rocks, I went to get them from ol Sandy boi. The ground type is critical on a team imo
:Kyurem::Glimmora::Sandy Shocks::Roaring Moon::Kingambit::enamorus: After that, I just threw some OP stuff on the team until it worked.

Sets
:Kyurem:
Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam

It's specs Kyurem. It has 660 BST and is in OU. Why not. Just click freeze dry. You can use a rock move if the volcarona swap is really obvious. Tera Poison to live Close Combats and Moonblast. Tera Fairy or Ground is totally legit too. I don't like running modest because then you give Great Tusk needless chip on you.

:Sandy Shocks:
Sandy Shocks @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Tera Blast

Sandy Shocks is great into everyones favorite bridge pokemon :archaludon:. Strong earth powers are very nice along with ground typing is very nice because it will force a tera from a bunch of stuff. Volt Switch is preferred over thunderbolt or discarge because I would rather not lose momentum vs a blissey or something. I ran booster energy for a bit, but boots are a pretty important because this team can get rolled by webs otherwise.
alternative slot for Ground type.
:Great Tusk:
Great Tusk @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Bulk Up
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake

This is another awesome set I cooked up. It really puts in so much work vs some opposing HOs. Have to watch out for flying stuff that isn't light and thus suseptible to Heavy Slam, but otherwise, this can really wreck some teams. You can of course play around with the non-ground move and tera type, using pairing like Tera fire + Spinner. It's up to you. Rapid Spin + BU just wins vs a lot of HOs on the spot. This amount of SpDef investment means you are pretty darn fat too. Compared to Sandshocks, this is a little less safe vs rain.

132 SpA Iron Moth Fiery Dance vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Great Tusk: 147-174 (39.6 - 46.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

:Roaring Moon:
Roaring Moon @ Booster Energy
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Knock Off
- Acrobatics / Earthquake
- Taunt

There's a lot of value in just clicking a really strong Knock Off. It can sweep with the single move some games. Acro>Earthquake to beat great tusk. Tera ghost is interesting to cheese your way around some zamazenta or dragonite. Really, really good pokemon. Taunt vs something to hit kingambit, like Brick Break or EQ, is up to you. I like taunt to shutdown dondozo and skarm.

:Kingambit:
Kingambit @ Leftovers
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch
- Kowtow Cleave / Iron Head

Kingambit is just a dumb pokemon and tera is a dumb mechanic. Just let it sit there while you throw the game away and it will save you. Jolly and Tera Fairy mean you don't have to think in the endgame vs other kingambits. I guess you could go Iron Head and maybe run a lum berry for all those baby cheeks utility dragapult people.

:Enamorus:
Enamorus @ Metronome
Ability: Contrary
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Substitute
- Moonblast
- Superpower
- Earth Power

This is my signature set. METRONOME ENAMORUS. Destroyer of fat. Send it in, click moonblast. They go to a resist. You keep clicking moonblast as they recover and then you get called a lucky scrub because of "high rolls". They go to their fairy resist in desparation and concede the instant you earth power them. very easy. Sets up for free on most gliscor. Use tera ground to not die to thunderclap or to not get twaved. Vs webs, tera this so you get a speed boost. ez

Pro tip: Keep up the scarf bluff for as long as you can

252 SpA Enamorus Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 240+ SpD Slowking-Galar: 138-164 (35 - 41.6%)
252 SpA Metronome (once) Tera Ground Enamorus Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 240+ SpD Slowking-Galar: 247-295 (62.6 - 74.8%)

:Glimmora:
Glimmora @ Power Herb
Ability: Toxic Debris
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Mortal Spin / Rock Polish
- Meteor Beam
- Sludge Bomb

Lead Glimmora is so homogenous in its sets, so you kinda just get a free 5v6 when they lose their gliscor or dragapult t1. Rock Polish lets you go pretty crazy vs some teams; that may be better than spin. Tera Flying lets you get a free RP. Vs teams with poison types, play more conservatively with this. They'll be dumb. Meteor beam into earth power kills gholdengo that get cocky

Threats

Psychic terrain
and sash spam is impossible
Screens are OP and no one uses them
Weather teams are hard if you're on the backfoot, which is true for most HOs

Other Options
The :Sandy Shocks: is just OK. Maybe go back to to the bulk up :great tusk: from the first team and put rocks on glimmora instead of spin. Up to you. Speed control can be a little dicey at times. Glare :Serperior: is a thing too. That may be nice. Don't forget that paralysis is still legal for whatever reason.

Replays
Sorry highest proof is at 1920-something
:Enamorus: goes crazy vs bulky
:kingambit: clutches it out vs offense for recorded peak 192x
:Kyurem: clicks buttons vs rain

earlier team
:Great Tusk: stomps offense

No offense intended to anyone except for this goofball
1707579888698.png

:Kyurem::Sandy Shocks::Roaring Moon::Kingambit::enamorus::Glimmora:
https://pokepast.es/06895da4c0649f77

Last edited:
feels to me that this generation of ou, the current iteration of it really rewards creativity in teambuilding instead of the standard teambuilding structures, give urself more credit, gj

feels to me that this generation of ou, the current iteration of it really rewards creativity in teambuilding instead of the standard teambuilding structures, give urself more credit, gj
Thanks, but I don't want to undersell the impact of using unexpected sets! Things are so powerful and standardized around the optimal sets that you get some free wins off people being so conditioned to, say, scarf enamorus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)