Banded Hihidaruma is a Monster

uhmm.. it doesnt seem like you have a grasp of what things get boosted by 1.5. overheat is boosted by stab, and the sun, hitting for 315 base power. charizards special attack stat is boosted by specs and solar power. to think you actually believed a 4x resisted overheat would hit for about 175 power makes me laugh.
I know that it's really like 708.75 power, minus about 4-5 HP. In the damage formula, STAB and the sun boost a +2 (like, add on 2 HP to the damage) while the special attack boosts don't. If that +2 didn't exist, the 1.5 boost to special attack would result in a 1.5 boost in the damage, and little cup wouldn't be so offensive especially in gen 4.

I have found scarf Hihidaruma tears through many of my teams with Flare Blitz(just not my rain team), while Fire Punch on those guys is a failure.

Thanks for the rates.

@Zeburaika
I'm not sure where you are going with the Charizard calcs, but Wish support does seem like it would be helpful for Hihidaruma, I'll give Vaporeon a try.

@Venser
Thanks for the type chart, I updated the thread.

@y4f
I did play you on PO, but with a completely different team in fact. I wanted to compare the results of this team, to a different team I had created a while back that I hadn't played with. As for Gliscor, Roobushin can't set up on it, thanks to Taunt. This is why Aerial Ace has stayed on Gliscor. But for my Roobushin, I think Stone Edge would be a good idea, seeing as I do get completely walled by a lot of Flyers, and Gyarados always sets up. I'll give it a try. For Hihidaruma, I've said this before, the Choice Band is staying on Hihidaruma, and as for Scizor, I never like the Choice Band set. If Choice Scarf Scizor isn't good enough, suggest a different Revenge Killer.

@Jaroda
Actually, Stone Edge does 50% to Roobushin anyway, its not very effective. Another reason why Aerial Ace will stay. And the Acrofling set, it's not going to happen. Please stop suggesting it.

@Zeburaika
Like I said before, Hihidaruma's item will not be changed to a Choice Scarf.

As I said before, I don't really need to switch attacks much since I'm spamming Flare Blitz most of the time.
Exactly my point. I'm saying it to those who are suggesting Life Orb as an alternate item.

@y4f
I did play you on PO, but with a completely different team in fact. I wanted to compare the results of this team, to a different team I had created a while back that I hadn't played with. As for Gliscor, Roobushin can't set up on it, thanks to Taunt. This is why Aerial Ace has stayed on Gliscor. But for my Roobushin, I think Stone Edge would be a good idea, seeing as I do get completely walled by a lot of Flyers, and Gyarados always sets up. I'll give it a try. For Hihidaruma, I've said this before, the Choice Band is staying on Hihidaruma, and as for Scizor, I never like the Choice Band set. If Choice Scarf Scizor isn't good enough, suggest a different Revenge Killer.
I can understand why you like banded Hihidaruma. It basically eliminates switches, and forces anything that switches in to die to boosted Flare Blitz. Great poke. And that was a mistake on my part - forgot about Taunt.

Do you really think that 30 points Aerial Ace has over Earthquake is worth it, though? I really think Stone Edge could help you for outspeeding & taking out weakened flyers. Also, wouldn't the threat of TauntRoost Gliscor force a lot of Roobushins to switch out since they're pretty much comopletely walled? Making Aerial Ace less useful?

Also, I think that you could run Superpower over Hammer Arm on your CB Hihidaruma. Neither get the Encourage boost, and the increase in power + not losing your speed is worth it for getting the 2HKO on weakened switchins (without getting outsped + KOd). The main use I see for that is hitting stuff like SDefensive pert, or weakened vapy / cune. They switch in on Superpower, and if you were running Hammer Arm you'd get outsped + KOd with Surf, while with Superpower, you can safely KO. More of a preference thing, though. Either way you'll most likely be switching out, and it comes down more to whether you thing the extra 20 BP is worth it or not.

Great team! Seems like it could be a much larger challenge than what I faced on PO, for sure.

Also, I think that you could run Superpower over Hammer Arm on your CB Hihidaruma. Neither get the Encourage boost, and the increase in power + not losing your speed is worth it for getting the 2HKO on weakened switchins (without getting outsped + KOd). The main use I see for that is hitting stuff like SDefensive pert, or weakened vapy / cune. They switch in on Superpower, and if you were running Hammer Arm you'd get outsped + KOd with Surf, while with Superpower, you can safely KO. More of a preference thing, though. Either way you'll most likely be switching out, and it comes down more to whether you thing the extra 20 BP is worth it or not.
2 Superpowers, assuming you start at +0 attack before the first superpower and -1 before firing off the 2nd pretty much equals the damage from 2 Hammer Arms at +0.

The Charizard thing was just to show it could be a monster, too. I guess it was kind of pointless.

Thanks for the rates.

@WoOoShoOo
I don't think Hihidaruma will ever be changed to Life Orb

@y4f
TauntRoost Gliscor does wall Roobushin much better than the set I have now. Stone Edge is more helpful at times, but usually Aerial Ace is. As for Superpower over Hammer Arm, I'll give it a try.

@Zeburaika
Why would I start at +0 Attack before the first Superpower, isn't that what the Choice Band is for? So the second Attack would still do enough to 2HKO Swampert / Vaporeon / Suicune. So in that sense, Superpower is the better choice.

uhmm.. it doesnt seem like you have a grasp of what things get boosted by 1.5. overheat is boosted by stab, and the sun, hitting for 315 base power. charizards special attack stat is boosted by specs and solar power. to think you actually believed a 4x resisted overheat would hit for about 175 power makes me laugh.
That's funny, because your comment made me laugh. I don't know who taught you math, but it doesn't matter where or when you multiply something by 1.5 in the equation; only that you do. A 1.5x1.5 boost to the attack itself and a 1.5x1.5 boost to charizards stats is the exact same as a 1.5x1.5x1.5x1.5 boost to overheat (~708).

2*5=10 ==> 10/10=1
2/10=.02 ==> .02*5=1

LOL MATH (PS-those numbers actually don't mean anything)

@Zeburaika
Why would I start at +0 Attack before the first Superpower, isn't that what the Choice Band is for? So the second Attack would still do enough to 2HKO Swampert / Vaporeon / Suicune. So in that sense, Superpower is the better choice.
Choice Band is a 50% boost to attack separate from the boosts and drops from something like Intimidate or Butterfly Dance or Download or Superpower.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)