SV OU Been messing around with band pao recently, any suggestions?

Chien-Pao @ Choice Band
Ability: Sword of Ruin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Spinner
- Crunch
- Sacred Sword
- Ice Shard

Slither Wing @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Atk / 68 Def / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 244 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Brave Bird

Ting-Lu @ Leftovers
Ability: Vessel of Ruin
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 128 HP / 164 Def / 216 SpD
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Earthquake

Hatterene @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Draining Kiss
- Nuzzle

The main idea behind this specific build was to overload some of the common defensive answers to Chien, namely Corviknight and Dondozo, and turn them into momentum via a voltturn core. Having multiple pivots consequently also allows more opportunities for the funny ice leopard to do funny ice leopard things, which include chipping its own answers into 2hko range with its absurdly strong stabs. This is why I decided on band instead of the arguably more consistent boots 4a set, as the extra immediate power it provides greatly helps reduce this teams relative passivity outside of it and allows it to break holes for the rest of the team to exploit. Hatterene is very strong in current meta due to it's ability to stuff many of the common hazard setters while acting as a wincon on its own, both of which are valuable traits here. Tera flying allows it to more effectively do the former because of the many Clodsire and Ting-Lu sets that forgo stab outside of earthquake. Slither Wing is something I feel has been very underrated since release, and it shines here because of its ability to answer many of the fighting types this team would otherwise struggle with while also pressuring Gargnacl and acting as a pivot.
This has performed relatively well on ladder, however, it would probably be better off with more hazard support due to how valuable chip damage is on this style. I'm not quite sure how I could fit it though. Also, adding another offensive threat somewhere to avoid over-relying on chien and hatt would be make it far easier to maintain momentum

As for spreads;
252hp and 68def allows slither to avoid a 2hko from adamant booster energy great tusk close combat, and 100 speed lets it creep most annihilape sets. Both of these interactions let it threaten to or just outright cripple these targets through burn.
252hp and 244+spdef on washtom guarantees a 3hko from chi yu dark pulse after rocks. This allows it to act in tandem with ting lu to handle fire fish long term in most games.
I stole the hatt spread from smogcord, so honestly idk what it does lol. Generally though, the defense investment lets it more easily switch into the hazard setters it needs to answer and provides it with more opportunities to set up

Might try to submit this as a sample if I ever have the chance lol

Personally I find running more coverage moves on Chien Pao is pays off more often instead of moves like ice shard seeing as how fast Chien Pao already is. My chien pao set runs choice scarf and adamant nature instead of max speed so that I can hit just a little bit harder and still outspeed things thanks to scarf like opposing Flutter Mane. The moveset I run is Icicle Crash, Crunch, Sacred Sword and Psychic Fangs. I specifically like psychic fangs so i can easily hit iron moth, annihilape and flamigo for super effective while also breaking any screens seeing how popular grimmsnarl and abomasnow-aurora veil is.

My Chien-Pao set

Chien-Pao @ Choice Scarf
Tera Type: Fighting
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Sacred Sword
- Psychic Fangs
- Crunch

Btw this is for playing doubles

Personally I find running more coverage moves on Chien Pao is pays off more often instead of moves like ice shard seeing as how fast Chien Pao already is. My chien pao set runs choice scarf and adamant nature instead of max speed so that I can hit just a little bit harder and still outspeed things thanks to scarf like opposing Flutter Mane. The moveset I run is Icicle Crash, Crunch, Sacred Sword and Psychic Fangs. I specifically like psychic fangs so i can easily hit iron moth, annihilape and flamigo for super effective while also breaking any screens seeing how popular grimmsnarl and abomasnow-aurora veil is.

My Chien-Pao set

Chien-Pao @ Choice Scarf
Tera Type: Fighting
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Sacred Sword
- Psychic Fangs
- Crunch

Btw this is for playing doubles
This is a singles thread, and I need to be able to revenge kill the common setup mons like moon and espathra. Also not having a way to pressure tusk after a rapid spin seems sketchy. Flutter is banned in ou, flamigo is unviable, and I as a mentioned above, slither wing is my main method of dealing with ape. Corv also acts as a consistent method of removing screens if I feel the need to do so. I appreciate you trying to help, but this isn't relevant advice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)