Best use of the Evolite stone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey what's up,

I was browsing around and didnt find any really in-depth threads on the evo-stone, so i thought i'd give my views on the best 2 pokes with the stone, (and no, chansey isn't one of them)

So first up is dusclops, This thing is a monster. With the right ev spread, you can have 539 def AND special def, with a little investment in HP. This can take hits like a boss, and is an essential part of any team I run. Dusclops is a brillient mixed wall, and can be used to cripple incoming pokes.

Dusclops

252 DEF/ 124 sDEF/ 132 HP
Careful
Evolite
Pressure

Seismic Toss
Will-o-Wisp
Sucker Punch
Painsplit

I run the suckerpunch and painsplit, to ware down any poke, and revenge it as a last resort.

I run the Will-o to cripple incoming early game sweepers.

Seismic toss over nightshade, as it hits a larger population of common pokes.

----

Pokemon 2 that benefits greatly is scyther.

I run a heavily defensive Scyther set, with swords dance so i can easily boost up, taking any hits in my stride. After 1 or 2, i'm normally at the range to KO about anything. With this EV spread, i get around 400 DEF and sDEF, giving me plenty of bulk.

Scyther

252 DEF/ 252 sDEF/ 4 HP
Adament
Evolite
Technician

Swords Dance
Roost
X-Scissor
Aerial Ace

The roost is mainly for SR damage. I do run a spinner, but in the event it dies and I need a late game sweep. Plus, if I've got low health after setting up, i can heal up, normally surviving because of the high defences and Scyther's natural high speed.

The swords dance is to boost the attack stat. It's high already, but to OHKO things, it's really needed.

Finally, I use X-Scissor and Aerial Ace for the dual stab. Aerial ace is great for weather teams, where in sandstorm pokemon's evasion is higher, and it secures the kill.

Please leave any other pokes that take advantage of the evo-stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)