Beta Competition Rules?

If it's based off a starting rank of 1500, the best approach is probably to wait until the next day or last day before playing in the tournament if rankings is what you want. The higher the ranked player you beat compared to your own rank the more points you'll gain out of the match while there is little lost if you lose to a rank far above you. But if you're the player with the high rank and the other player is at a low rank, then the opposite is true where you gain little points for beating low ranks and lose a lot of points for losing to low ranks.

@ Dbchiu:
I just saw the "Who we are" video from Smogon's Youtube Channel earlier today and it would seem like that's the case as expected since Singles is a very familiar and comfortable format in NA. I can appreciate Smogon's attempt to broaden their audience to include both NA's preferred battle scene (6v6 Singles) and Japan's preferred battle scene (All Flat Battles, except for Rotations). Smogon's recent inclusion of 6v6 Doubles is a positive sign that players in NA may gain exposure to more simultaneous consideration of variables than can be found through playing Singles, and that's really only scratching the surface of it all. Though it's apparent simply by browsing that both the Flat Battles and Doubles sections of the forums are in its early stages and are in a long process of building its foundation, it will be interesting to see the direction this will take NA players in the years to come.

Ironically, the easiest matches I've had was on Day 1. Days 2 and 3 saw me battling much better built teams, even though my ranking technically sucked a lot more after Day 1. Still, I had a battle on Day 3 against a 1500 player. I assumed that he/she just joined the event (I think it's near impossible to get 1500 if you've played a few matches at least), so maybe he/she was aiming to "game" the ranking system as what Kashinn said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)