Other Metagames BH - Hit or miss, I hope I'll never miss huh

The harder you hit, the better it feels

[Introduction]
So yeah first RMT and I'm not a native English speaker so if I make any mistake please tell me.

This team is something I've built a few weeks ago after I took a step back from my 100% stall team trying to better understand the meta.
My defensive core just got shattered by a Blaziken Tinted Lens and I knew I had to try this out, so here it is:

[The Team]

Blaziken-Mega @ Choice Band
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- V-create
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

The core of this team. Tinted Lens and Choice Band allows the STABed V-Create to hit like crazy anything that isn't immune to fire or double resistant. As an example, you can check those:
252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Blaziken-Mega V-create vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Kyogre-Primal: 386-456 (95.5 - 112.8%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Blaziken-Mega V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 288-342 (57.1 - 67.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Blaziken-Mega V-create vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Rayquaza-Mega: 386-456 (93.2 - 110.1%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO (guaranteed OHKO if -Def nature)
and so on...

Basically anything that isn't Fur Coat Zygarde/Giratina - Flash Fire Ghost - Sturdy Shedinja can't safely switch in. Your job is then to make sure that those that can handle the hits are in a relatively bad spot before sending the Punisher.

Close Combat is to take care of the Flash Fire Steel types that aren't Ghost, namely Celesteela and Registeel:
252+ Atk Choice Band Blaziken-Mega Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Registeel: 360-426 (98.9 - 117%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Blaziken-Mega Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Celesteela: 237-279 (59.5 - 70.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

U-turn to build momentum and deal damage on the FF/Ghost types that try to pp stall Blaziken. Plus because of the ability, awesome base stat and choice band your u-turn can hit quite a lot too.

Finally Stealth Rock to completely imposter proof this set and because I didn't have an available move slot on my other pokemons.

Aegislash @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Parting Shot
- Defog
- Shore Up
- Topsy-Turvy

The imposter proof mon of Blaziken. Flash Fire takes care of V-create, Ghost Typing takes care of Close Combat, Defog takes care of Stealth Rocks (and is mandatory on any team that includes Shedinja) and Rocky Helmet+Shore Up takes care of U-turn.

Shore up is mandatory of course for the recovery.

Parting Shot for momentum, occasionally switching back to Blaziken on anything that will take big hits and is slower (don't switch on blaziken on a mega ray, mega diancie, mega mewtwo).

Topsy Turvy as a Aegislash can usually take a hit and stop a setup sweeper on the spot.

Shedinja @ Protective Pads
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD / 0 Spe
- U-turn
- Endeavor
- Extreme Speed
- Odor Sleuth

Classic Shedinja set. I noticed I was quite vulnerable to SF MMY and Triage MRay. Usually SF MMY doesn't run Moongeist Beam so I put Shedinja as the classic 4 coverage moves and tail glow + 3 coverage moves sets are unable to do anything against it. Same goes for Mray, so Shedinja seemed like the optimal choice there.
Protective Pads takes care of any Baneful Bunker/Spiky Shield/Rocky Helmet that would otherwise kill it on the spot.
You should be careful for any residual damages though, such as Curse, Sandstorm, Hail, Leech Seed, Burn, Poison, Hazards... and Mold Breaker moves (Sunsteel Strike, Photon Geyser, Moongeist Beam).

Shedinja is an awesome support for the team, but it requires a lot of help from its teammates to function properly. Defog already takes care of Hazards, but I believe any Shedinja Team needs a Magic Bouncer and an Imposter to scout for anything that could potentially kill it. That's why I added 2 more pokemons to my team:

Chansey @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Relaxed Nature
- Metal Burst
- Shore Up
- Whirlwind
- King's Shield

Classic Imposter Chansey set, with a choice scarf to revenge kill anything offensive that isn't imposter proof. Metal Burst to try the kill on a already transformed imposter, shore up to recover HP, Whirlwind to remove setup sweepers behind substitures that aren't magic bounce and King's Shield to drop atk and gain a turn in case the sweeper is poisonned/burned.

Dialga @ Steelium Z
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Doom Desire
- Tail Glow
- Shore Up
- Core Enforcer

I got this idea from a dear friend of mine. Magic Bounce and Steelium Z works great together to take care of any PH Fairy sweeper that wants to setup on it, Doom Desire forces switches which helps to preserve momentum, Shore up for recovery and Tail Glow to hit even harder.

This set is completely improofed by Shedinja so you can setup and as soon as you get imposter'd you can safely switch onto Shedinja without any fear.

Audino-Mega @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp
- Spikes
- Core Enforcer
Finally I needed a defensive Normal Type Mon for my defensive core (I was quite a lot vulnerable to Moongeist Beam). It would either be Arceus or Audino.
I finally chose Audino because of the added Fairy typing, making it immune to Dragon Tail (something that could potentially kill my shedinja if hazards are up) and Core Enforcer, thus being a prime PH user.

U-turn is for momentum because Audino is only 50 bs speed which is awesome for a defensive mon. Wil-o-wisp to cripple any physical sweeper that isn't fire type or PH (looking at you MMX and KyuremB). Core Enforcer takes care of PH user even behind their substitutes.

Finally you might wonder why Spikes when I have Shedinja and Defog? Depending on who their Magic Bouncer is (if they even have one), I can setup the Spikes as a way for Chansey to later scout everyone's sets, thus even if I defog it anyway I get some chips damage on their pokemon making even the big walls in range of Blaziken, and I have precious information on who exactly can and who cannot kill shedinja. After that it's just a game of anticipation, pp stall and punishing any mistake.

[Replays]

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-876142877
This battle shows exactly what I mean by scouting with Chansey. Once I know the threats sets, I can chose accordingly what are the best switch ins. I lost Audino because I didn't know what Mray set was but once I saw he had no answer I knew mray couldn't switch in anymore until he dealt with Shedinja.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-878766775
This battle shows the sweep potential of Blaziken. Once he stays with Kyogre I u-turn or parting shot into Blaziken who will just V-create and kill one mon everytime.

I never save replays so I'll do some more battles and add them later

[Threats]

- Mega-Gengar can be a threat if it's not the usual normalize set. Venoshock Merciless destroys Audino so I can't switch Audino in If I don't know which set it is. Obviously Chansey gets desotryed by Jugdment if he has spooky plate, same goes for Aegislash. Mold Breaker destroys Shedinja as well so I have to manage with Dialga and Blaziken somehow. I usually have a way for it though, once I get a decent replay showing it i'll add it.
- Mega-Diancie Pixilate is my most dreaded nightmare. The usual set of Boomburst/Fake Out/Espeed is easily taken care of by Shedinja, but the 4th move is usually game defining. If it's Thousand Arrows/Thousand Waves/Precipice Blades/U-turn/V-create then all is good, it's completely walled by Shedinja. If it's Sunsteel Strike then chansey can be of help. If it's Photon Geyser then Aegislash is a better switch in usually but it has to spam Shore up until it stops Boombursting your face (and if it's Specs then good luck with that). Stealth Rock same deal, Aegislash is your go-to-mon. But Moongeist Beam completely rips this team apart. I truly have no way to deal with that.
- SF MMY with moongeist beam. Again, you usually have to sack a mon and switch in Chansey. If the opponent has an answer then you're pretty much screwed.
- Triage MRay with moongeist beam. Same deal.

So far I peaked to 1698 ELO, didn't take a screenshot, but I can consistenly stay above the 1600 ELO treshold with this team. I just have to stop laddering once I meet too many MDiancie as this just shreds my team to pieces.

Do you have any idea how to improve this team?

Last edited:
Nice to see this team doing well! Overall, I’d say it’s a very strong team. I do have a recommendation for a check to MDiancie. You don’t need Aegislash as an improof for MBlaziken because you have Shed, so you can swap him out for....

Ho-Oh @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Careful Nature
- Shore Up
- Spectral Thief
- Anchor Shot
- Defog

Ho-oh has good bulk special bulk with 106/90/154 defensive stats, allowing it to siwtch in on any Pixilate mon. Anchor shot allows it to 2HKO Diancie and trap any Imposter switchins, which it can then PP stall. It’s bulk also allows it to check certain setup sweepers with Spectral thief, and Defog can help support Shed, and Magic Guard prevents damage from the hazards you’ll be clearing out, along with checking enemy Status users. Shore up is used to stay in good health, of course. The combination of magic guard/ Spectral thief also allows you to stop any TriRays from setting up.
Other than that, the team looks really good! I hope this set can help you deal with MDiancie as well as it does for me :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)