CaP 25 G Prevo - Stats Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Hey all!

Let's get these babies some stats! This thread will be concentrating on Caribolt's Prevos!

Code:
Stats: 84 HP / 106 Atk / 82 Def / 77 SpA / 80 SpD / 106 Spe
The above are Caribolt's stats! We have a reasonably fast physical attacker with a penchant for aggressively dominating its foes with normal type moves! Let's not forget we also decided that the first stage of Caribolt's forms will also gain Lightning Rod.

As with previous stats subs, I am allowing you to Final Submit from the beginning of the thread, but I will post a 24 hour warning in about 72 hours so people have time to discuss/work on their spreads. Please make sure your stats are clear and easily readable. Makes my life a bit easier when it comes to looking over the numbers and reasoning!

As these guys are starters, I want you guys to heavily use other starters as precedence! All First Forms have BSTs of between 307(Fennekin)-320 (Gen 7), with a second form of 405 (Gen 1-4)-420 (Gen 7)! These are narrow bands but I know you guys can do it!

Our Prevos So Far:

Caribolt
Type:
Grass -> Grass/Electric -> Grass/Electric
Ability: Overgrow/Lightning Rod -> Overgrow/Galvanize -> Overgrow/Galvanize

Smokomodo
Type:
Fire -> Fire/Ground -> Fire/Ground
Ability: Blaze/Technician -> Blaze/Technician -> Blaze/Technician

Snaelstrom
Type:
Water -> Water/Bug -> Water/Bug
Ability: Torrent/Poison Heal ->Torrent/Poison Heal ->Torrent/Poison Heal

Final Submission
Basic stage: 54/61/47/47/50/61

I want to follow gen7 precedent as much as possible. I chose to follow precedent on the BSTs and additionally only have increments of multiples of 5, following a rule that Decidueye breaks but the rest hold to.

It made sense to me to have the special attack be relatively low on the basic form, as it has not yet been introduced to electric STAB, which has SpA flavor. Other than that, having high speed from the beginning helps justify Caribolt's high speed. The other stats are just trying to be unobtrusive and look nice.

Middle stage: 64/81/67/67/60/76

Again, following the precedent (this time complete) that gen7 middle-stages have 420 BST, and increase in multiples of 5. Everything's within normal bounds, and it can make flavor sense for the special attack boost to temporarily overpass special defense.

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Final Submission

54 HP / 56 Atk / 52 Def / 45 SpA / 50 SpD / 61 Spe
BST: 318

74 HP / 86 Atk / 64 Def / 57 SpA / 60 SpD / 79 Spe
BST: 420

I made these stats based on what I would deem to be believable stat increases based on starter type patterns. For the first stage, its stat spread isn't very special, just LC versions of Caribolt.

Second stage follows a similar pattern. 74 / 64 / 60 bulk is a pretty easy progression into Caribolt's 84 / 82 / 80. Attacking stats are both -20 points weaker than Caribolt's one. Speed is the least strict of the set, but its traditionally the most flexible stat of starters.

I also have this neat little stat spread gimmick with my other mons that Smoko embodies here, inspired in part by that cool note that Dogfish made.

Caribolt Prevos = 318 - 420
Smokomodo Prevos = 319 - 419
Snaelstrom Prevos = 320 - 418

Also when did this become a competitive based phase lmao

Last edited:

Frostbiyt

Not Exactly Helping
Final Submission
25G Stage 1
Stats: 54 HP / 51 Atk / 44 Def / 57 SpA / 44 SpD / 70 Spe / 320 BST

Because the ability Lightning Rod boosts special attack when hit by an electric attack, I thought that a special attack oriented spread would suit this stage best. The base SpA and Spe allow for the highest possible corresponding stats while still falling within acceptable ranges for Starter Pokemon. The rest of the base stats were spread somewhat evenly between the other four, slightly favoring bulk over Atk.

25G Stage 2
Stats: 60 HP / 71 Atk / 72 Def / 72 SpA / 52 SpD / 93 Spe / 420 BST

For this spread I had CAP UU in mind, so I minmaxed it as far as I could while staying within all of the starter stat boundaries. My idea for this stage was to design a mon that could freely pivot with Volt Switch and punish Ground type switch ins with Giga Drain. The SpA stat guarantees an uninvested 2HKO on both Mamoswine and Krookodile and the Spe is greater than both as well. The HP/Def is just enough for it to be able to take two Earthquakes or Knock Offs from Scarf Krookodile or an Earthquake and Tectonic Rage from Z Krookodile when factoring in Eviolite, Giga Drain, and EVs in HP/Def. This may not be enough for it to be usable in CAP UU, but Rotom Mow is B rank in UU, so maybe.

Last edited:

Frostbiyt

Not Exactly Helping
WIP

25G Stage 1
Stats: 51 HP / 42 Atk / 52 Def / 56 Spatk/ 48 SpAtk / 71 Spe / 320 BST

I kept the stats consistent with Caribolt's. The main focus of my spreads so far was the stage two so I might make a few tweaks to the first stage to help vs. the CAP LC meta.

25G Stage 2
Stats: 79 HP / 54 Atk / 66 Def/ 71 SpAtk / 51 SpDef / 99 Spe / 420 BST

I focused on CAP UU. I gave 25G-2 enough speed to outspeed Krookodile and enough special attack to K.O. it with Leaf Storm. The HP is a Life Orb number, meaning it'll take the minimum damage possible from LO's recoil. Resisting Steel makes it a good Scizor check with Hidden Power [Fire]. I do not recall if 25G-2 will be able to get Boomburst, but if it does, this spread makes it a great wallbreaker. Here are some calcs.

252 SpA Rotom-Mow Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Krookodile: 384-452 (116 - 136.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 114-134 (38.1 - 44.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 114-134 (38.1 - 44.8%) -- 5.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Boomburst vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Scizor: 289-341 (102.4 - 120.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Hidden Power Fire vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Scizor: 276-328 (97.8 - 116.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Aggron-Mega: 199-235 (57.8 - 68.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Empoleon: 343-406 (92.2 - 109.1%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 176 SpD Hippowdon: 393-463 (93.5 - 110.2%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Boomburst vs. 244 HP / 0 SpD Chesnaught: 152-179 (40.2 - 47.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

On the flavour side of things, I've kept most of the stats consistent with Caribolt's. The only difference is that the Attack is lower than the Special Attack cause I see Caribolt only being able to fight physically when it's railgun antlers are fully developed and become used as a weapon. The Speed is a bit of a stretch, being two points higher than the highest speed for starters so far (Frogadier's 97). The points allow it to outspeed Hydreigon and potentially get a Volt Switch off.
CAP25G-2 would provide utility for CAP UU teams with it's acess to Galvanize Rapid Spin (which is good in a tier with a considerable amount of Ghost-types), as it can threaten the Ground-type blockers with a Leaf Storm or Hidden Power [Ice] (Gligar).
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Caribolt doesn't learn leaf storm. Also, the Atk jump from your second stage to Caribolt is +52 and while the stat limits I included in my spreadsheet aren't strict requirements, I'd recommend changing that so it's at least closer to +35, which is the highest attack increase of any of the starters.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Final Submission

Stage 1: 49 HP / 61 Atk / 42 Def / 52 SpA / 40 SpD / 76 Spe ; BST: 320

I like pushing boundaries! The speed breaks convention slightly, but Electric is the type of speedy mons (Electrode, Jolteon), and equine builds (Ponyta, Deerling) tend to be pretty fast anyway.

Stage 2: 59 HP / 81 Atk / 67 Def / 57 SpA / 55 SpD / 101 Spe ; BST: 420

As Caribolt evolves, we're still emphasing an in-game movepool with limited Special options. Once again we do slightly break precedence on Speed, whilst developing bulk - personally I envision newborn deer/horses as being particularly lacking in bulk, but quickly becoming much sturdier - hence the early bulking out on the physical side (relatively speaking).

I think the most notable aspect here is that Stage 2 --> Caribolt is a really small increase in Speed. I like the idea of suddenly having those horns 'weighing' Caribolt down. I've also treated the horns as an excellent point to emphasise the Special Attack, as moves like Signal Beam and Boomburst become actual ideas.

Increases:
1-2: +10/+20/+25/+5/+15/+25
2-3: +25/+25/+15/+20/+25/+5

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)