CaP26 Prevo - Part 5 - Movepool Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Hey all!

After a brief hiatus, let's see if we can get this done before Sword and Shield drop in about 2 weeks time!

Whilst we were away, Equilibra had some changes to it's movepool to help balance it in the CaP Metagame. These removals were Toxic, Whirlwind and Dragon Tail. I have removed these moves from the listed movepool below!

Remember, creating a prevo movepool is only a subtractive process! This is much stricter than a normal CaP Movepool! We are only allowed the moves which the CaP itself has in its movepool. You can move them around/change their order, move TMs into level up moves and vice versa, but you cannot add any moves. Breaking this will result in Disqualification. This still leaves a surprising amount of variability and character for you to twist into the Prevo!

Here is Equlibra's current movepool:

Evo: Doom Desire
1: Doom Desire
1: Rapid Spin
1: Pound
1: Mud Sport
1: Mud-Slap
1: Imprison
5: Mud-Slap
10: Imprison
15: Mud Shot
20: Gyro Ball
25: Power Split
25: Guard Split
30: Mirror Shot
35: Mind Reader
40: Earth Power
45: Flash Cannon
50: Memento
50: Healing Wish
57: Earthquake
64: Destiny Bond
71: Aura Sphere
78: Pain Split
85: Perish Song
Egg group(s): Mineral
TM01: Work Up
TM10: Hidden Power
TM15: Hyper Beam
TM17: Protect
TM20: Safeguard
TM21: Frustration
TM26: Earthquake
TM27: Return
TM32: Double Team
TM37: Sandstorm
TM39: Rock Tomb
TM42: Facade
TM44: Rest
TM48: Round
TM60: Quash
TM63: Embargo
TM64: Explosion
TM67: Smart Strike
TM68: Giga Impact
TM69: Rock Polish
TM74: Gyro Ball
TM77: Psych Up
TM78: Bulldoze
TM80: Rock Slide
TM87: Swagger
TM88: Sleep Talk
TM90: Substitute
TM91: Flash Cannon
TM92: Trick Room
TM100: Confide
Ally Switch
Drill Run
Earth Power
Gravity
Helping Hand
Iron Defense
Iron Head
Iron Tail
Magic Room
Magnet Rise
Pain Split
Recycle
Snore
Wonder Room

And here is Dogfish44's winning post: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cap-26-part-8-full-movepool-submissions.3650685/#post-8139435

I will also be needing a clear evolution method from anyone creating a movepool! This can be via level up or other more esoteric means, but please give it a good reason for whatever you choose!

You guys have a few days, but I am sure some people would have already started tweaking and making a movepool! Let's get this done and over the line!

Our Prevo So Far:
Typing: Steel/Ground
Abilities: Levitate/Bulletproof/Justified
Stats: 72 HP / 70 Atk / 56 Def / 83 SpA / 68 SpD / 30 Spe / BST: 379

Work in progress

Righto, I'm new here, pleased to meet you all. Here's my moveset and reasoning. Just to be clear, the moves I list are the moves that go.

Level-up:
- Doom Desire
- Memento
- Healing Wish
- Destiny Bond
- Perish Song
- Aura Sphere
Why? Not sure if I needed to mention Doom Desire. The prevo learns it upon evolving. The middle four have the same reasoning as each other, they are almost divine powers, the prevo simply doesn't have the power to use them. For Aura Sphere, it just doesn't fit with any of the prevo designs I've seen, it's not plausible for this mon.

Egg:
- N/A

TM:
- Hyper Beam
- Double Team
- Explosion
- Smart Strike
- Giga Impact
Why? Hyper Beam and Giga Impact can only be learned by fully evolved Pokémon (except in a couple of cases, but we'll ignore that). Double Team has always suggested agile or nimble Pokémon and we can all agree (30 Spe) that the prevo isn't either of those. Smart Strike I chose simply because it is always accurate, it always hits, and I feel like it'd be a fun bit of not-quite-lore to have this Pokémon not be correct 100% of the time (it made sense in my head). As for Explosion, there is no real reason as the why I'd cut this, I just don't like the idea on non fully evolved Pokémon exploding.

Tutor:
- Gravity
Why? Same as the four from level up.

This is my view, please criticise (but do it nicely).

Edit: Forgot to mention evolution method. From level up at Level 55. 55 is a decently high level to evolve at (same as most pseudo-legendaries) and show proper respect to the Pokémon without making it a chore to obtain (like Volcarona).

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Righto, I'm new here, pleased to meet you all. Here's my moveset and reasoning. Just to be clear, the moves I list are the moves that go.

Level-up:
- Doom Desire
- Memento
- Healing Wish
- Destiny Bond
- Perish Song
- Aura Sphere
Why? Not sure if I needed to mention Doom Desire. The prevo learns it upon evolving. The middle four have the same reasoning as each other, they are almost divine powers, the prevo simply doesn't have the power to use them. For Aura Sphere, it just doesn't fit with any of the prevo designs I've seen, it's not plausible for this mon.

Egg:
- N/A

TM:
- Hyper Beam
- Double Team
- Explosion
- Smart Strike
- Giga Impact
Why? Hyper Beam and Giga Impact can only be learned by fully evolved Pokémon (except in a couple of cases, but we'll ignore that). Double Team has always suggested agile or nimble Pokémon and we can all agree (30 Spe) that the prevo isn't either of those. Smart Strike I chose simply because it is always accurate, it always hits, and I feel like it'd be a fun bit of not-quite-lore to have this Pokémon not be correct 100% of the time (it made sense in my head). As for Explosion, there is no real reason as the why I'd cut this, I just don't like the idea on non fully evolved Pokémon exploding.

Tutor:
- Gravity
Why? Same as the four from level up.

This is my view, please criticise (but do it nicely).

Edit: Forgot to mention evolution method. From level up at Level 55. 55 is a decently high level to evolve at (same as most pseudo-legendaries) and show proper respect to the Pokémon without making it a chore to obtain (like Volcarona).
This is a Work In Progress right?

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
Aight lets do this.

Final Submission

My main thought going into this is how to differentiate Prevo from Equilibra is a matter of authority. Equilibra may be able to pass judgement and delete heresy however it likes (in reference to dex entries), I think that the prevo doesn't quite have to authoritative Pokemon to be able to pass judgement in the specific ways that Equilibra does. Hopefully my movepool shows this.

1: Pound
1: Mud Sport
5: Mud-Slap
9: Imprison
13: Mud Shot
17: Gyro Ball
21: Power Split
21: Guard Split
26: Mirror Shot
31: Mind Reader
36: Earth Power
41: Flash Cannon
46: Memento
46: Healing Wish
52: Earthquake
58: Destiny Bond
64: Aura Sphere
70: Pain Split

Removed Heart Scale moves Doom Desire and Rapid Spin since this is the prevo. I wanted to keep a lot of the movepool intact simply because a trial operates similarly regardless of experience, so elements like using Power / Guard Split to judge each side (even if it isn't directly a scale like Equilibra is), reading the mind with that eye now that its pretty prominent in the design, and passing a verdict with Memento and Healing Wish.

The level-up progression is changed a bit, going from Equilibra's 5-7 progression to a 4-5-6 progression. This is for two-ish reasons, the first being a matter of reducing the amount of time whilst still not completely removing the long time it takes for it to finish off (85 full evolved yikes) but also slightly to show that Prevo is not a perfect judge like Equilibra (DF44 mentions the usage of 7 being associated with perfection) and as such takes a little more time to fully evolve its stuff.

I've only decided to omit one move from the movepool aside from Heart Scale ones at the moment, that being Perish Song. This is because I do not feel that they actually have the ability to pass out a death penalty in their current state, as that is what Perish Song represents for this Pokemon. It simply doesn't have the authority that Equilibra does to be able to decide life and death based on the verdict, hence its removal.

lol

TM01: Work Up
TM10: Hidden Power
TM17: Protect
TM20: Safeguard
TM21: Frustration
TM26: Earthquake
TM27: Return
TM32: Double Team
TM37: Sandstorm
TM39: Rock Tomb
TM42: Facade
TM44: Rest
TM48: Round
TM60: Quash
TM63: Embargo
TM67: Smart Strike
TM69: Rock Polish
TM74: Gyro Ball
TM77: Psych Up
TM78: Bulldoze
TM80: Rock Slide
TM87: Swagger
TM88: Sleep Talk
TM90: Substitute
TM91: Flash Cannon
TM92: Trick Room
TM100: Confide

This TM list is fine for the most part, only removing the Big Two (Hyper Beam and Giga Impact) as well as Explosion, both because its a prevo and the fact that it makes no sense for a gavel to explode. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Ally Switch
Drill Run
Earth Power
Helping Hand
Iron Defense
Iron Head
Iron Tail
Magic Room
Magnet Rise
Pain Split
Recycle
Snore
Wonder Room

This one is tricky because most of the flavor works fine here. Iron Tail in fact actually works better because the handle could be seen as a form of tail and in general its distribution is super dumb so I'm keeping it. Only omission right now is Gravity, simply because from an authority standpotion it doesn't have the same gravity in its judgement as Equilibra.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)