Castform Glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today on the Challenge Cup ladder whilst battling 'Whimmsical' I noticed something very wrong. Castform's sprite did not change according to the weather while it was battling. I did however use Rain Dance before bringing in Castform, and when when I switched into the Weather Pokémon it took the Rain-forme, which makes Castform Water-type. The foe had an Emolga, and proceeded to hit my Water-type Castform with a Super-Effective Shock Wave. Only the rain had stopped on the previous turn.

I was confused at first, I thought perhaps that I had forgotten how Forecast's mechanics worked. In order to test things further, I used Sandstorm, which just happened to be in Castform's movepool. On the first turn I switched Castform in, while it was still raining, I noticed that it's true-type did not appear in the summary when I hovered over the sprite. I didn't think it unusual, as when a Pokémon is relieved of their item via Trick, Knock Off, etc; it still shows the Pokémon to be holding their original item.

Moving on, however, after having used Sandstorm the previous turn, Castform did not revert to it's Normal-type forme. Nor in terms of it's physical appearance or it's type. It was still hit Super-Effectively by Shock Wave. I know it's just Castform, but it'd be nice to resolve this if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)