Other Metagames CLC Team RMT (MnM Balance ft. Mamoswine & Darkrai)

What Would you like to see next?

• Another CLC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MnM

• OU

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Monotype

• AAA

• BH

• VGC 2017

• Total voters
Hey, guys! Welcome to my first gen 7 RMT! This team is the team I used for CLC Round 4, MnM! This team is built around the core Pokemon, Mamoswine, and Darkrai! I hope you enjoy and don't be afraid to criticise.

To start off the team, I required Mamoswine and Darkrai. I decided to start with Mamoswine, because it was first on the list, and used the one on the Viability rankings, Lucarionite. The set I'm running is Earthquake for primary STAB that is fairly spammable, Icicle Crash for priority, Ice Shard for secondary STAB, mainly for the Flying types that could switch in on Earthquake, and Stone Edge for things like Charizard.

As I previously stated, the team required Mamoswine, and Darkrai to be eligible for Hall of Fame. After a thought between Absolite, Lucarionite, and Blastoisinite, I decided to use Alakazite for its nice utility in Trace, in case I ran into a nice ability, like Desolate Land and Primordial Sea. I used a set of Nasty Plot for the Set up against Sablenite Blissey, Dark Pulse for spammable STAB, Focus Blast for extra insurance, and Thunderbolt for the water types that would otherwise harm Mamoswine.

The first Pokemon that I got to choose, I decided to be Pinsirite Genesect, because of it's newfound STAB Aerilate Extreme Speed helping out Mamoswine and Darkrai immensely hitting Fighting and Bug-types super effectively. On top of that, I decided to run X-Scissor for STAB, and because he didn't get Leech Life, U-Turn for momentum, although it's kind of useless being the only one, and Iron Head, for before I mega, and to check the Fairy types for Darkrai.

The next mon I decided, was a natural Steel-Flying type, Celesteela! Being new to the Metagame, both me and Celesteela, I decided to choose between Venusaurite and Blue Orb, using the previous of the two, so he would effectively lose his weakness to Fire, and giving him an Ice resist. The set I'm running is Flash Cannon for STAB, Air Slash flinches and secondary STAB, Fire Blast for fellow Steel Types, and Energy Ball for coverage.

Staying true to my framework, I decided to use my favourite Wall in the metagame, Sablenite Blissey, for Hazard prevention, and general annoyance. The set I'm using is Toxic for Stalling potential, Wish for recovery for the whole team, Protect for when I want to heal myself from low, and Seismic Toss for some consistent damage.

The final mon on my team is Primal Groudon for the Water Immunity, and need for a hazard setter, other than the iffy Magic Bounce. My set is Stealth Rock for hazards, Precipe Blades for damage when I need it, Toxic for Passive damage, and Protect for extended usage.

Mamoswine @ Lucarionite
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Stone Edge

Darkrai @ Alakazite
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Genesect @ Pinsirite
Ability: Download
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- U-turn
- Extreme Speed

Celesteela @ Venusaurite
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball

Blissey @ Sablenite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Toxic
- Protect

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmega-539540375 only one, for now, can get more. Free set up helps, but Hyper Beam could've worked. Never know!

EDIT: Bump, and you have one more week to vote until I get to work on next RMT (Friday, March 10th)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)