EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
SET: Bulky setup sweeper
Calm mind cresselia is a threating setup sweeper thanks to its massive bulk and terastalisation which helps it change it's typing to a better defensive type , the sweeping capabilities of cresselia are increased further with moves like stored power and moonblast to hit dark types that are be immune to psychic type moves , Moonlight gives cresselia a healing option helping it stay healthy throught the game .
With the speed EVs in this set cresselia outspeeds jolly kingambit and jolly azumarill. Tera poison is chosen here because one of the two weakness of poison type i.e ground is neutralised by levitate and hence it's a very solid defensive type . Cresselia forces in dark types like kingambit , ting lu ,

Last edited:

Vkhss

is a Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
oh ye i have just been a bit busy sorry

nw, we just want it done by the end of the weekend so there’s time before the dlcs for it to be checked without rushing -autumn

autumn

only i will remain
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
C&C Leader
Vkhss i know you’re working on this today so i just wanted to give a few notes to make it easier for you and easier for us when it comes to the qc stage

just a reminder that this needs to be finished today or i’ll be reassigning due to doc being 2.5 weeks away

all pokemon names/moves/items/abilities etc should be capitalised, so instead of “Calm mind cresselia” and “stored power and moonblast” and “jolly kingambit and jolly azumarill” it should be “Calm Mind Cresselia” and “Stored Power and Moonblast” and “Jolly Kingambit and Jolly Azumarill.” Similarly, it’s formatted as Dark-types (with the hyphen) and not dark types.

instead of combining the moves together in the paragraph, it’s better to dedicate a sentence for each of them. specifically say why cress benefits from stored power (how it synergises well with cm for example because cress is so bulky it can set up multiple times), and then the next sentence can talk about moonblast and how it helps vs Dark-types

when describing tera poison (and as a general point), you want to be specific and avoid dex info. dex info is basically when you just say what can be searched on the dex or on google, like the type chart. saying how poison is normally weak to ground but levitate removes that is entirely dex info. instead, the information we’re looking for is ou meta relevant - what does tera poison help you set up on? what specific pokemon in the ou metagame does cress have a good matchup against?

as a general note, analyses are written for new players, so what seems like obvious information to you may not be obvious to a new player

Reactions: DKM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)