- [TM202] Pain Split
- [TM203] Psych Up
- [TM206] Petal Blizzard
- [TM227] Alluring Voice
Egg Moves:
- Worry Seed
- After You

Pro's
  • Comfey posesses one of the best abilities in the game: Triage. This allows it to use any move with a healing effect at +3 priority. Notably this ties with fake out (+3), outspeeds First impression and Extreme speed (+2), and all other standard priority moves such as sucker punch, jet punch, grassy glide etc. (+1)
  • Although appearing a disadvantage, Comfey's low hp allows it to restore a large percentage of health when using moves like draining kiss, giga drain and leech seed.
  • Comfey has enough options run a support set. Synthesis gives comfey reliable recovery at (+3) priority, it has access to knock off and leech seed to wear down the opponent, and encore to lock in setup sweepers.
  • With calm mind, comfey can quickly overwhelm an opposing team late game using priority draining kiss or tera grass giga drain to keep itself healthy. Tera has finally given comfey an option to hit steel types.

Con's
  • Despite possessing some great physical attacking options, Comfeys physical attack stat is unservicable.
  • Previously Comfey had access to aromatherapy and defog. Without these options there are better pokemon for a team cleric.
  • Without bulk investment comfey struggles to take a hit. Without SpA investment it needs multiple boosts to get a sweep going.

Potential Sets

Calm mind

Comfey @ Grassy Seed/Leftovers
Ability: Triage
Tera Type: Fire/ Ground/ Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Stored Power/ Tera blast
- Synthesis

While generally relegated to lower tiers, Comfey cements itself as a respectable countersweeper in OU. Thanks to fairy typing, it matches up well against Great tusk, Walking Wake, Darkrai, Iron Valiant, Greninja, Roaring Moon, Samurott-H and Meowscarada. Utilising Rillaboom to boost defense, one calm mind is generally enough to flip the matchup and out heal opposing attacks using draining kiss. Sun teams have synthesis to fear. Stored power is useful against unaware pokemon, but comfey is walled by steel types if it foregoes terablast ground/fire/fighting.

Support

Comfey @ Leftovers
Ability: Triage / Natural Cure
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- U-turn

This set is more appropriate for lower tiers, as clefable is more effective at using knock off and absorbing status in OU, however comfey has a niche in lower tiers as it can setup leech seed and uturn into a team-mate. Triage is useful for an emergency synthesis however natural cure pairs very well with uturn, allowing Comfey to absorb status effects throughout the match. 16 speed EVs allow comfey to outspeed neutral natured base 70 pokemon.

Other options

Comfey has access to anti setup options such as Encore and Psych Up. Psych Up can be extremely effective against body press users as they boost their defense, Giving comfey a way to boost itself. With trick, comfey can utilise choice sets with reasonable efficacy. finally, comfey can run growth on sun teams to quickly rack up boosts for stored power and draining kiss sweeps

:comfey:
Comfey @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 SpA / 16 SpD / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- U-turn​

I posted about this Comfey set in the OU meta thread but it's worth posting here as I think it's by far Comfey's best set and should be slotted in. Priority Draining Kiss combined with its newfound utility is fantastic, as it has great matchups in OU right now, and with 240 speed EVs and a neutral nature, you reach 296 speed, maintaining a speed advantage over some nasty threats like Gholdengo, Hamott, and more.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if you tera fairy, it boosts the power of Draining Kiss to 60 in addition to the 2x STAB modifier. The BP boost typically doesn't apply to priority moves, but Draining Kiss isn't normally a priority move so I think it qualifies. Other teras are probably generally better but it could be worth it sometimes if you're using the mon as basically a cleaner. Might be ass in OU though lol

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if you tera fairy, it boosts the power of Draining Kiss to 60 in addition to the 2x STAB modifier. The BP boost typically doesn't apply to priority moves, but Draining Kiss isn't normally a priority move so I think it qualifies. Other teras are probably generally better but it could be worth it sometimes if you're using the mon as basically a cleaner. Might be ass in OU though lol
hey thats a great point! i forgot to mention that on offensive sets. Comfey is a really situational mon. last gen it was PU but i shredded UU with it since the tier's best pokemon was hydreigon, which lost to comfey 100% of the time. After the tier shifts and a few bans i can see it matching up really well agaisnt raging bolt, darkrai, dragapult and the lati twins, which will always keep it usable.
:comfey:
Comfey @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 SpA / 16 SpD / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- U-turn​

I posted about this Comfey set in the OU meta thread but it's worth posting here as I think it's by far Comfey's best set and should be slotted in. Priority Draining Kiss combined with its newfound utility is fantastic, as it has great matchups in OU right now, and with 240 speed EVs and a neutral nature, you reach 296 speed, maintaining a speed advantage over some nasty threats like Gholdengo, Hamott, and more.
Thanks for the additions! i think being able to uturn out of gholdengo is quite useful. Now that you mention it, 160 Spe-timid would be handy to hit 303 (excadrill). you lose some power but this set isnt sweeping anytime soon anyway. allows for a little more bulk too.

Comfey @ Grassy Seed
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Tera Blast
- Giga Drain

this is so good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)