Ability: Water Bubble
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Liquidation
- Sticky Web
- X-Scissor
- Mirror Coat
Started off with a solid web setter to set the tone. Although Ribombee is better, I tend to lean to Araquanid more because its bulk allows it to not need to choice itself into webs, and can continue to replenish them against spinners and Cinderace. Running sash just in case of a lucky crit or something that may OHKO to make sure my webs are going to get up no matter what for at least a couple turns. Move set is an older Smogon move set I changed a little for the current Gen. EV's are standard bulk because its special bulk is good so I invested into HP and DEF for Phys ATK leads.

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Stomping Tantrum
- Tera Blast
- Extreme Speed
Entei is my primary web sweeper. It never works because it has 100 speed and not the typing or bulk to let that slide. I like to win with my favorites, and Entei seemed like a super strong candidate to build a webs team around. Entei always had good attack, but couldn't afford to run band because of its slowness, so with band, its hitting super hard with STab Sacred Fire. Its definitely a strange bring, but it does work, and I like the uniqueness that bringing it provides, my opponents are probably very confused, and a lot of people are not prepared to deal with a Entei that can tera water. Invested in ATK and SPE super typical for web sweepers. Tera water could get me out of a sticky situating with a different water type, if I went for grass tera my team would turn super weak to fire. (Works surprisingly well, picks up 1/3 kills a game)

Thundurus-Therian @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot
Team was looking weak to water and ground so I added Thundo-T (Who checks water, grass, and ground super well) to balance it and and provide some hard SpA. Despite looks, Thundo-T's speed is actually pretty atrocious due to all its stats being invested into Spa. It fits well onto webs for this reason, and can setup to sweep with Nasty Plot if given a chance. Mostly it will come into water or ground types, get an attack or two off and switch out. Flying Electric is super cool typing to be immune to ground and hit tons of types super hard with Grass Knot/Focus Blast.
IVs are self explanatory and move set was taken from Smogon, IDK about the ground tera, could change.

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
Its always good to have some priority, and a hard hitting seal type to eliminate threatening fairys. Super common life-orb Scizor set, always fills its niche to hit fairys hard or to knock off items. Could even SD sweep if things lined up correctly. Tera type steel for that extra STab if I need it. Overall super solid mon, fits on basically any team but stall.

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hydro Pump
- U-turn
My chosen Spin-Blocker for the team, comes in to block rapid spin and can hit a OHKO a great tusk with pump if it chooses to stay in, or if I can read a switch get huge damage of with Specs shadow ball. U-turn for momentum, IV's are standard for Choiced sets Tera ghost for making shadow ball even for of a threat to the opposing team. Mostly will come in on a Great Tusk or on a clean switch after a sac, supper solid mon.

Dragonite @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Inner Focus
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
Dragonite was added to add a physical threat after the Entei is KO'd. This is a personally built set made to offer utility and good move coverage. Tera fairy is meant to check sweeping dragon types, and ice punch to hit them for super-effective damage. E-speed for more priority and EV's to make it able to abuse webs by not needing to invest in bulk because for the first time dragonite will be faster than something. I think Iron head is a super smart bring for any fairy type that wants to switch in on a draco and thinks im locked into it.

Problems: The team works fairly well, but as you can guess, a team built to support Entei probably isn't too consistent. The whole piont is to use a mon who is not viable and make it a threat, so I am not looking for your fix to be "Get rid of Entei and add a better web Abuser". My main problem with the team is too many dragons in a teir that fairys like Iron Valiant run, but dragon types fill the roles I need very well so im not sure how to replace them. (Scizor is on the team to hopefully chip their fairys so the dragons can come in more.) Anyways, any suggestions on these matter would be great, thanks for reading.

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
:gholdengo: > :dragapult: :gholdengo: is pretty much mandatory on any webs team as a spin blocker because its ability to 100% negate defog and users like :corviknight: and such. It is also a steel type which balances out your fairy problem.

This is just a consideration, but Hazard wise, you have no removal so if :entei: comes in repeatly that its gonna go down pretty quickly. This may or may not benefit you at all, but putting defog on scizor or just replacing with a remover might help if hazards are a problem.

j0nathan

formerly trainer_j0nathan
i just saw sacred fire missing a rillaboom in knoxville top 4 so i dont know if thats the best move choice but you probably dont have a better choice haha
you already have espeed twice so you dont really need szicor "because of priority". just use tusk or treads instead, you need removal as DaRotomMachine already pointed out.
inner focus dnite is nice but multiscale is just better in most games. you can also swap out ice punch for dragon dance to get some sweeping potential.
i like thundurus but its not good enough for ou and you already have a weaker pokemon with entei. you can swap in (hatterene, volcarona) or primarina.

Last edited:
:gholdengo: > :dragapult: :gholdengo: is pretty much mandatory on any webs team as a spin blocker because its ability to 100% negate defog and users like :corviknight: and such. It is also a steel type which balances out your fairy problem.

This is just a consideration, but Hazard wise, you have no removal so if :entei: comes in repeatly that its gonna go down pretty quickly. This may or may not benefit you at all, but putting defog on scizor or just replacing with a remover might help if hazards are a problem.
Good idea for defog, but I think I need to keep Dragapult just for the speed it previews if webs get taken down, and also to kill a serperior threatening to sweep with the contrary boost from webs. Thanks for the advice.

Last edited:
i just saw sacred fire missing a rillaboom in knoxville top 4 so i dont know if thats the best move choice but you probably dont have a better choice haha
you already have espeed twice so you dont really need szicor "because of priority". just use tusk or treads instead, you need removal as DaRotomMachine already pointed out.
inner focus dnite is nice but multiscale is just better in most games. you can also swap out ice punch for dragon dance to get some sweeping potential.
i like thundurus but its not good enough for ou and you already have a weaker pokemon with entei. you can swap in (hatterene, volcarona) or primarina.
Yeah I agree with the scizor being replaced with treads because it can still do something against fairys. The inner focus is actually a typo in the game I use scale. Definitely going to swap in primarina as y’all suggested thanks for the help.

For all of you guys who helped me, here is a video of Entei putting in some work thanks to you guys.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2052600648
(Not sure if this fits into the "Bump" rules but this isnt meant to put mine at the top, rather to show appreciation, so idk)

Last edited:

Roller K

sangria and sunsets
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor
I've been meaning to make an Entei team but never got around to it. I think pairing Entei with webs, especially Araquanid webs, is a strong pairing. With webs, you want a strong way to maintain hazards and Pokemon that properly make use of webs support. Having 3 forms of priority kind of defeats the purpose of Sticky Web, as the idea of a webs team is to make mid-speed Pokemon without access to priority moves shine. One form of priority is fine, but I wouldn't recommend more than one priority move. I have some suggestions for your team, and a Pokepaste of my suggested changes is right below. Following that, I will go into alternatives to Entei and the individual changes.

My version: :araquanid: :entei: :thundurus-therian: :zamazenta: :gholdengo: :hatterene:

Since the team is called "Entei Webs", I did not change :entei: to anything else. However, I think two Pokemon fill its role better in SV OU as a Choice Band + Extreme Speed user, and its paradox partner is generally better to use as well. I will list pros and cons of all 4 Pokemon.

:entei:: The two standout attributes are speed and Sacred Fire. You can go Adamant or Jolly, and both speed tiers are valuable; Adamant outspeeds :gholdengo:/:samurott-hisui:/:glimmora:, and Jolly outspeeds :great-tusk:/:excadrill:/:landorus-therian:/:gouging-fire:/:kyurem:. Since you have webs support, you can afford to go Adamant. Sacred Fire is 100 BP, 95% accurate, no contact, and most importantly, it has a 50% chance to burn. Besides that, there's not much to be desired. :entei: struggles to threaten outside of Sacred Fire + Extreme Speed, it has no secondary typing for an extra STAB boost, and it is kind of weak for OU standards.

:arcanine-hisui:: I feel like :arcanine-hisui: outclasses :entei: in almost every way while still being niche, fun Pokemon to use. It hits harder with Flare Blitz, hits equally hard with Extreme Speed, gains an amazing offensive STAB coverage in Rock as well as a spammable move in Head Smash, and has better coverage options. It is forced to run Jolly, but it still outspeeds :great-tusk:/:excadrill:. Flare Blitz, Head Smash, and Extreme Speed are mandatory moves in my opinion, but the last can be whatever, and it offers the set some flexibility while still being potent in its role (e.g. Close Combat for defensive :archaludon:, Psychic Fangs for screens, Stealth Rock, Will-O-Wisp, Morning Sun). The only notable downsides are slightly worse bulk and much worse defensive typing.

:dragonite:: This is a bit different in the role it fills, but at a basic level, it is a strong Choice Band + Extreme Speed user with Fire-type coverage. Its biggest strengths are set uncertainty, high attack, and typing. It is fairly obvious what set :entei:/:arcanine-hisui: will run, but :dragonite: can be Dragon Dance, Roost, Encore, various coverage moves, or Choice Band. It is the strongest user of Extreme Speed with a base 134 Attack stat. The defensive typing is nice since it is immune to Ground moves, though being able to get burned is annoying. STAB Outrage is amazing into some bulky teams, and it can often force a Fairy tera to handle the threat. Earthquake hits most of the Steel-types that resist Outrage + Extreme Speed, and Fire Punch checks :corviknight:/:skarmory:. The downsides to Choice Band :dragonite: are difficulty to bluff the set once Stealth Rock are up, quad weakness to Ice, and notably worse speed stat.

:gouging-fire:: While the role :gouging-fire: fills is slightly different, its existence is a big reason for the decline of :entei:. Gamefreak took :entei: and decided to make it way bulkier, give it setup with Dragon Dance, give it longevity with Morning Sun, give it an actual ability it can make great use of with Protosynthesis, synergize the healing of Morning Sun with its increased viability in Sun, make it Fire/Dragon to be way more offensively threatening, and most insultingly, give it Earthquake when :entei: should have had it ages ago. The one downside to Choice Band :gouging-fire: is no Extreme Speed, which is admittedly a big deal. Otherwise, it is way better than :entei:.

Arcanine-Hisui (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Head Smash
- Extreme Speed
- Stealth Rock

Dragonite (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Gouging Fire @ Choice Band
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Heat Crash
- Raging Fury
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Changes:

1. :gholdengo: > :dragapult:: DaRotomMachine mentioned this already, but :gholdengo: is basically mandatory for webs teams. You can't afford to lose Sticky Web once :araquanid: faints, otherwise you are severely behind and will struggle to win the game. :gholdengo: is the best form of preventing hazard removal, not to mention that it makes great use of webs itself. I opted for a very standard set; Air Balloon will let you switch into hazard removal and :kyurem:/:enamorus: once for free, threaten with Make it Rain or Shadow Ball, stay healthy with Recover, and potentially sweep with Nasty Plot. Tera Flying is nice if you think :gholdengo: can sweep and need to gain an immunity to Headlong Rush from :great-tusk: or other incoming Ground-type moves.

2. :zamazenta: > :scizor:: Instead of using a priority setup physical sweeper, you can use a fast setup sweeper in case webs are not around. :zamazenta: fills this role greatly, as Iron Defense + Body Press is difficult to deal with. Crunch lets you hit Ghost-types that would normally wall Body Press, and Roar can stop a threatening Pokemon from sweeping. Alternatively, you can use Substitute > Roar to handle :gliscor: better. Tera Steel is an amazing defensive typing that will handle Fairy- and Psychic-type attacks.

3. :hatterene: > :dragonite:: You do not need :dragonite: on your team when you already have :entei: for priority. Also, you currently have no way to handle hazards, so I thought :hatterene: would be a decent option for your team. Sure, it won't stop :samurott-hisui:/:excadrill: from getting up hazards, but it at least handles the others and makes you less vulnerable. :hatterene: is also a very solid defensive Pokemon who can cause trouble for some teams. The combination of Draining Kiss, Psyshock, and Mystical Fire is difficult for some teams to handle. Tera Water allows :hatterene: to be extremely bulky and difficult to take down when it gets going, especially with Leftovers recovery.

4. Crunch > Tera Blast, Inner Focus > Pressure, Tera Normal > Water on :entei:: If you're using a Pokemon with Choice Band + Extreme Speed, you should always go with Tera Normal so Extreme Speed is much more threatening. I opted for Crunch as the last coverage move so you can threaten to OHKO :dragapult:. Stomping Tantrum is good for :heatran:. Otherwise, just spam Sacred Fire and Extreme Speed. The ability change is small, but not having to worry about flinches from Iron Head, Rock Slide, Zen Headbutt, etc. is huge, and you can almost guarantee a 2HKO on max defense :landorus-therian: with Sacred Fire since Inner Focus makes you immune to Intimidate.

5. Leech Life > X-Scissor, Heavy-Duty Boots > Focus Sash, Tera Ghost > Bug on :araquanid:: Leech Life is the same base power as X-Scissor, but you will heal 50% of the damage you deal to the opponent. Lunge is another option if you want a guaranteed chance to drop the opposing Pokemon's Attack by 1 stage while retaining the same base power. Tera Ghost will give your team an extra form of blocking Rapid Spin, which will help keep Sticky Web up. Alternatively, you can run Tera Water to deal more damage with Liquidation and retain strong defensive typing. Since :araquanid: is so bulky, it stands out as a user of Sticky Web that can last through a game. Heavy-Duty Boots will give it an immunity to hazards and have multiple chances to set up Sticky Web if is it removed.

6. Tera Fairy > Ground on :thundurus-therian:: Small change here, but Volt Absorb + Tera Fairy means you wall :raging-bolt: and set up on it freely. It gives you the added benefit of resisting Dark-type moves like Sucker Punch from :kingambit: so you can OHKO with Focus Blast.

7. Notable EV Changes:
a. :araquanid:: Careful > Impish will boost Special Defense and make it more difficult to defensively take down on both sides.
b. :zamazenta:: 389 Speed is to outspeed +1 Adamant :dragonite: and other fast threats (e.g. :weavile:/:darkrai:/:meowscarada:). Max Defense allows Body Press to deal more damage, and the rest of the EVs are put into HP for additional bulk.
c. :gholdengo:: Max Special Attack and max Speed allows :gholdengo: to threaten offensively and make good use of webs.
d. :hatterene:: Max HP and max Defense allows :hatterene: to be very bulky on both sides (Special Defense will be boosted with Calm Mind). 16 Speed EVs are somewhat arbitrary and are just nice for opposing slow Pokemon (:hatterene: before webs and uninvested :kingambit:/:iron-hands:/:ursaluna: and slower Pokemon after webs).

I hope this team can perform better for you! I imagine it is difficult to make Entei shine, but it is worth the effort. Very cool way to make use of it alongside Araquanid. Enjoy laddering! :entei: :entei: :entei:

Changes:
2. :zamazenta: > :scizor:: Instead of using a priority setup physical sweeper, you can use a fast setup sweeper in case webs are not around. :zamazenta: fills this role greatly, as Iron Defense + Body Press is difficult to deal with. Crunch lets you hit Ghost-types that would normally wall Body Press, and Roar can stop a threatening Pokemon from sweeping. Alternatively, you can use Substitute > Roar to handle :gliscor: better. Tera Steel is an amazing defensive typing that will handle Fairy- and Psychic-type attacks.

4. Crunch > Tera Blast, Inner Focus > Pressure, Tera Normal > Water on :entei:: If you're using a Pokemon with Choice Band + Extreme Speed, you should always go with Tera Normal so Extreme Speed is much more threatening. I opted for Crunch as the last coverage move so you can threaten to OHKO :dragapult:. Stomping Tantrum is good for :heatran:. Otherwise, just spam Sacred Fire and Extreme Speed. The ability change is small, but not having to worry about flinches from Iron Head, Rock Slide, Zen Headbutt, etc. is huge, and you can almost guarantee a 2HKO on max defense :landorus-therian: with Sacred Fire since Inner Focus makes you immune to Intimidate.

6. Tera Fairy > Ground on :thundurus-therian:: Small change here, but Volt Absorb + Tera Fairy means you wall :raging-bolt: and set up on it freely. It gives you the added benefit of resisting Dark-type moves like Sucker Punch from :kingambit: so you can OHKO with Focus Blast.
The change quoted are my favorite. Thanks for all your help, you seem really knowledgeable and were nice about your changes and respected the original team by keeping Thundo-Nid-Entei core. A lot of people were suggesting I remove thundo? Anyways I really like the addition of Zama and the moveset changes to Entei, most of your other changes will also be made. Thanks so much again. Its pretty hard to make Entei a threat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)