Other Metagames Crossing Fields (#1 Peak), a MnM RMT

Banner by me :O

INTRODUCTION
Hey guys! I wanted to give back to the MnM Community for everything they have done for me, and I felt bored lol, so I submitted this rmt ^^ This team has served well for me in tournaments matches (saves me even though I choked xD), so I think you guys might be able to use it effectively in your own laddering dreams :)

PEAK

TEAMBUILDING PROCESS

This team started with Pinstei, as I really liked its sweeping capabilities after watching stresh a few times. I also liked to try and seen the capabilities of pinstei in balance, as I had seen the team only on HO before.

Pinstei had some major weaknesses that had to be dealt with, and kart I felt synergised with Pinstei perfectly. It helped beat water types that Pinstei struggled with (Arc-W in particular), as well as rock types (Pins Rak) and some other pokes that really threatened me. Entei also worked perfect with kartana, helping it blow through magearna , and buzzwole in particular, as well as some other threats such as threatening non-rock move pdons.

Now I realised that lunala was an extreme good MU vs me, so I decided to add mandibuzz as a solid check to this. Mandi also provided defog support and pins tei clearly needed.

Lol. Mag rips through the team before extremely easy, and I struggled with fairy types in general, ESPECIALLY ALTARIANITE. Not wanting to be that team again that loses to alt, I desperately tried to find a check. Many pokes tried to fill this position, like lunala, but pdon was just the right fit for me. It could help against entei immensely and its offensively capabilities were very good for me.

This team had a very shaky MU vs pinsirite in general, and after facing crushing loss vs last resort pins mag, I definitely needed a check to it. I decided on manec mag. Initially this was a pivot mag, but I simply didn't how it let entei pretty much for free and threaten my entire team. As a result, I switched to a more offensive set, which helped my MU vs stall a heckload, still defeated pins and applied much more offensive pressure to the opposing team.

Lando-T was the staple for offense, and formed the perfect glue to this team. Lando helped against my biggest threat ever, entei alt, and destroyed the somewhat troubling terrakion matchup)

Sadly, lando-t was banned through a suspect test (#UNBAN LANDO-T), but that meant this beautiful team had to be put away deep within my pastebin storage... never to be seen again......

UNTIL NOW

In my prep for my match vs fardin, I searched through my bank for teams which I could revive so I could play against him. Seeing this team, stripped of its glory days, wanted me to try and fix it. Lol, I was bad at it, so I brought it to Chazm to try and bring it back to life. He optimised most of the sets, the most major one being the change for smack down SD > defensive pdon, due to the shift in the meta making skarmory and lati mag less common and threats like entei and zeraora more and more common. Then, we needed to find the last mon needed to fill the shoes of its predecessor. At that moment, it was filled by zygod, but the matchup vs terrak, though doable until now, is a little hard (unlike most of my other teams xD).

This is what I am currently testing at the moment. It seems to do better then zygarde in many ways, providing me with a still strong wallbreaker who can go through many tough mons.

A deeper look.

My King Entei (Entei) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 SpD / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Return
- Extreme Speed
- Howl

Entei is my favourite mon at the moment, and a huge beast in offense. This thing destroys nearly all of the top threats of the meta, including non-rock Pdon, Magearna, Zygarde Altarianite (and Luc with some chip) and Kartana. Entei is also your major kart counter, and this thing just preys on the momentum kart teams lose when vsing this beast of creation.

The moveset for entei is pretty standard, including return > extra coverage as it normally does great dmg anyway against the pokes coverage is needed for due to it being flying instead of fairy. Howl is added in order to maximise its wallbreaking power, and to help it sweep whole teams by picking up useful KO's vs luc terrak and the like. The speed evs are my own creation, 232 Spe dumped in just to outspeed addy luc zygod, as I felt that it was important enough speed tier to hit. If u ignore zygod, a spread of 136 HP / 252+ ATK / 120 Spe might be prefered. The rest if dumped into SpD, giving it a very high chance to beat RP Pdon on the switch, and allows it to soak up more overheats from pdon and fleur cannons mag.

Swords of Justice (Kartana) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance

Kartana is the key wallbreaker and one of the strongest offensive mons the moment. Being able to nearly sweep the entire meta after a single SD boost, this thing applies huge offensive pressure to many teams. This poke also helps take care of waters which really annoy Entei such as Arceus Water, and rock types, in particular pinsirite Terrakion, one of the otherwise biggest threats to this team. This poke also deals with zygod, and extremely important factor in a lot of my games, and deal killer damage back with STAB Smart Strike. Kartana's naturally high speed allows it to outspeed many threats I struggle with, such as terrakion luc and noivern.

The set is the usual. Leaf blade for major STAB, allowing it to hit the 2hko on pdon. Smart strike is is chosen over return as I felt that hitting pins terrak and and alt zygarde were extremely important over ho-oh and some other threats. Sacred Sword is for great coverage, and swords dance is to aid it setting up.

When using Kartana, don't be afraid to play extremely aggressively. This thing boasts of a rather decent 151 Def, allowing it to come in a force a ton of switches on zyg, hippowdon and golisopod. However, be sure to scout for what type of zyg form before using it is before going all in with Kartana. Don't be afraid to suicide Kartana as well to get in Entei for a free switch and a sweep. This poke will also be very important in a luc tapu lele matchup, due to the great matchup it has against most of the rest of the team. Most of all, don't be afraid to use double switches to get this poke in for free and increase your offensive pressure on the opposing team.

Carrier of Death (Mandibuzz) @ Sablenite
Ability: Big Pecks
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Mandibuzz is my favourite defensive bird at moment (SCREW U ZAPDOS), and helps perform a key defensive role in this team. The pokes main role is to soak up damage from popular threats such as Lunala and Kartana, and KO back with STAB Foulplay. This mon is also your only hazard removal, and so is very important on webs teams.

The set is normal, U-turn for momentum, Roost for recovery, Defog for hazard removal, and Foul play as its damaging move. The reason I favoured SpDef > Def nature mandibuzz is because it helps it deal with lunala better, as well as the ever increasing use of Overheat Pdon.

Heart of an Empire (Magearna) @ Manectite
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 SpA / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fleur Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Pain Split

Magearna is one of the most versatile mons in the whole entire metagame, with the ability to use many diffferent sets, giving a level of surprise. This magearna is the CM Set, and is a very good soft checker to many threats, such as Noivern and Tapu Lele. It also maintains quite an offensive prescence on the field, being able to outspeed Entei Alt and Zyg Alt and KO in return due to its set.

The set is a fast CM Attacking set. The speed evs allow it to outspeed 120 Speed Pinstei, with the rest being poured in SpDef to help it tank hits from Lele better as a soft-check. Optional is too Fleur Cannon is by far its strongest STAB, managing to hit insanely hard on pokes that usually check it, in particular the mixed SD offensive set, which in particular is being used by Stresh at the moment. Thunderbolt > Volt Switch allows it to maintain that insane offensive potential without switching out, helping to hit many pokemon which annoy it such as Kyogre, Golisopod and the like, as well as Blissey without suffering the loss of boosts.

+1 252 SpA Magearna Fleur Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Groudon-Primal: 225-266 (65.9 - 78%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(Vs SD Mixed Pdon)
252 SpA Magearna Fleur Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kartana: 212-249 (81.8 - 96.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Magearna Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Entei: 131-155 (35.3 - 41.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 252 SpA Magearna Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Entei: 218-257 (58.7 - 69.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Entei Alt isnt gonna take advantage of this mon any time soon.

Fire of Souls (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Overheat
- Precipice Blades
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Ah.... Pdon, the classic OP mon which ravages every meta in which it steps into too. The huge versatility of Pdon forces your opponent to keep on guessing what set it is going to be b4 they get completely destroyed if they choose the wrong set. This set is defensive Pdon, and helps to deal with many threats which this team consistently would struggle with, in particular, Entei and Magearna. However, Pdon is not just defensive, as overheat hits some pokes for massive damage, such as Arc-ground and Sablenite Zapdos (SCREW U ZAPPY).

The set is the usual defensive pdon, with defensive on both sides of the scale. Overheat is STAB and is used over lava plume for the huge damage output to help place more offensive pressure on the opposing team. Precipice Blades is another STAB which hits other pokes like opposing Pdon idiotically hard. Toxic is to cripple lots of threats that try and take advantage of Pdon, in particular Lunala. Stealth is the hazard for the team, and is exceedingly easy to set against the amount of switches this poke forces.

Offensive
0 SpA Groudon Overheat vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Ground: 255-301 (57.4 - 67.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Groudon Overheat vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 225-265 (58.5 - 69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Defensive
252+ Atk Aerilate Entei Extreme Speed vs. 248 HP / 160 Def Groudon: 118-139 (29.2 - 34.4%) -- 6.5% chance to 3HKO

Guardian of All (Zygarde) @ Lucarionite
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Pain Split
- Dragon Dance

This thing is, in my opinion, the wallbreaker in the game. This thing just sets up and sweeps against opposing teams with ease, hitting a variety of pokes with its combination of STAB such as Magearna, Pdon, Terrakion and Golisopod, as well as many more threats. This thing just loves to get in and start spamming attacks, and more then 1 battle I have won just by clicking ddance and sweeping the opposing team. Zygarde's bulk is also a very good selling point, and increasing its chances of coming in a sweeping.

Thousand Arrows and Outrage create the ideal dual STAB, inflicting massive damage on the opponent on a variety of threats. Ddance is the classic boosting moves, helping it reach absurb levels of damage. Pain Split seriously assist this things liveability, and really transforms this mon to be able to switch in and out of pokes, and so this thing always remains as a thorn in your opponent's side. You'll want to Psplit on hardwalls like Buzzwole and Blissey lacking toxic, as well as Tanky Pdon if you are low. 252 Atk and Addy nature help it hid idiotically hard, and 72 Spe speed is needed to outspeed support Arceus and base speed 90's. The rest in dumped into bulk in order to help this thing tank loads of hits.

Lunala is an option I am currently testing. It helps soft check many threats to this team, such as Tapu Lele and Terrak. However, Zygarde's pure wallbreaking power helps this team have an incredible matchup against teams that lack diancie Lele, so I'll have to see.

I PRESENT TO YOU, CROSSING FIELDS

Image result for poke ball

Click the Pokeball for the team
Nicknames © TectonicDestroyer, MUST BE USED unless permission is granted.

REPLAYS
175475 175476 175478 175479

Replays vs Zesty43 are going to kept private until after SSNL finishes
I didn't save SSNL matches vs Fardin, lol

THREATS

Tapu Lele has a fearsome matchup against this team. The Lucarionite set requires smart play, but is normally managable, normally through switches or Double Switches by Kartana and Mandibuzz (E.g. Mandibuzz soaks psychic, and kartana normally manages to tank moonblast). However, Diancite poses a serious threat, outspeed your whole team and preventing Entei from revenge killing. The easier way to deal with this is to make smart switches with mandibuzz and magearna, and don't be afraid to sack a poke to stall out psychic terrain, as Entei can deal with it after the terrain ends.

Another hard matchup, but much easier to deal with then Tapu Lele. This thing comes in on mandibuzz and normally 1 shots or 2 shots the whole team. Kartrak is key in the Lucarionite matchup, and Entei does pretty decently vs the Diancite Matchup by easy revenge kills if given the free switch when they SD or if they click CC. Zygarde is an important back up reserve, and can effectively switch into Stone Edge if you predict correctly.

CONCLUSION

I feel like was able to make a very decent build out of an otherwise dead team ^^. Well, to show how succesful it was, this team carried me through R5 vs Kris in SSNL, b4 performing brilliantly vs Fardin in R6. Sadly, I choked in g3, so I lost the series despite this teams valient efforts, lol :/ It was great fun making this RMT, hope I can do this again some other time ^^

TEAM REVIEWS

Boyn: It is fire. 4.5 Stars
Terracotta: Solid team
Gmansour20: It is no easy job, to improve your team, tbh :Blobcuddle:
☆boyn: dude i won almost every single tour with this team
SHOUTOUTS

Chazm For assisting me in reviving this team, you are heat man ^^
Fardin for making me go into my box and forcing me to revive teams, otherwise this team wouldn't exist.
xavgb For teaching me how to play MnM. #No.1MnMPlayer
Chloe, Gmansour20, Zesty43, In The Hills , Quantum Tesseract, Imperator Romanum For being my MnM bros :)
Kris, RaJ.Shoot, Dj Breloominati♬, Sificon, GarbodorIsHot, PrinceOfAllTacos, Aethernum, Anaconja, Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request), MGenius, AlphaWittem, Marination, Willdbeast, DanDaMan99, Ransei, The Immortal, King Leo V, Terracotta, Robb576, Poison Adhesive, For all being nice to me on my time on Smogon

boyn For making me actually post this lol

Feel free to mention if I missed you, since I missed a lot ^^

Attachments

Just going to say, thx, for all the support you guys have given me ^^

Ive added a review section for people who have looked at / played with this team and enjoyed it ^^

Would love to experience a rate ^^ All your feedback, good or bad, is welcome ^^

Thx again everyone :)

Got into teamshowcase, so thrilled ^^ Thx everybody again

Last edited:
I have used this team a little and am new to most stuff however I am questioning why pins over alt on entei I would think generally alt would be better coverage. I mean over all the descriptions pretty much cover any other questions I may have had. Pretty simple team over all its straight offence. And works quite well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)