ORAS OU cute cloyster team (peaked around 1500) ((i know im bad :c))

what would you rate my team

• 1/10

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • 2/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3/10

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • 4/10

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • 5/10

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • 6/10

• 7/10

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters
Smashing to victory!
I was feeling nostalgic and thus i made a team around one of my favorite mons of B/W2, cloyster
Here is the result:

Cloyster @ Lum Berry
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
Here is the star of the show, cloyster. i decided to go with the same set i ran in B/W2. Shell smash for setting up and icicle spear/rock blast for sweeping. Ice shard is mainly here to use when i just have to revenge kill one of the scarfed threats you see in ou, lando-T, chomp, latios etc. I went for max speed to outspeed scarf lando and i have lum berry to set up on clefable and chansey because they will usually go for the t-wave.

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
Excadrill is great to counter the things cloyster cannot kill. For example klefki, rotom-W and heatran. The other reason i went with Excadrill is that he can rapid spin, which is always nice to have on your team. Moveset and ev-spread are pretty self-explanatory so lets move on.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
Heatran is the third mon i added because i wanted something to stop set-up amd get up my rocks. Heatran is also a nice stop to mons like charizard and the lati's which are both pretty threatening to the rest of my team. Moves are again pretty obvious and ev spread is to stop any special threats.

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis
Every team needs a mega and my pick was venusaur. Not only does he give me an immunity to spore and toxic, he also stops all the bulky water types. I went with the set from the smogon analysis and it works great. Its a great pivot into all kinds of stuf and can either recover or scare the opponent away with it's great set of attacks.

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunder Wave
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Who doesn't like using priority T-Wave? Immobilizing any set-up mons and killing almost anything without at least 100 spdef. God do i love this mon. I could not choose between T-wave 3 attacks and nasty plot and kinda kept switching it around. It is really up to personal preference.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
I needed water move on my team and keldeo does this perfectly. At first i wanted to go for scarf Keldeo, bit i quickly found out that double scarf didn't really do much for me, so i went with specs. It's a great mon to force people to switch and if you capitalize on this you can really keep momentum with this team.

Threatlist:
In my experience it can be pretty hard to kill the lati's. The lati's are a pain in the ass because i don't have u-turn or pursuit. It is also really annoying to face an experienced volt-turn player. When i lose momentum with this team i find it really hard to get it back up.

Last words:
I hope you used my team and enjoyed it :D. I am open to every piece of advice so please tell me what i can improve to this team. Note: this is the first time i made an rmt so please tell me if i did anything wrong.

Hey. Nice team you've got there. Cloyster is a beast and I feel it's under prepared for in OU. My peak is 1445, so my suggestions may not be as good as others over here.

For starters your team is weak to Latios, Starmie, Mega Medicham and M-Gallade. Mega Medicham (HJK, Ice Punch, Zen Headbutt) can outright KO each and every Pokemon of your mons. You can counter it with Excadrill who dents it heavily with EQ and Keldeo who OHKOes with Hydro Pump, but you're in trouble if Mega Medicham switches in when Excadrill is locked into Rock Slide or Rapid Spin. I'd also suggest White Herb in place of Lum Berry for Cloyster, due to Breloom and Scizor's priority moves. Thus I'd suggest a pokemon like Slowbro or a ghost time to keep Mega Cham from spamming HJK.

Cheers.

Nice team, it's nice to see cloyster get some use in ou, and it's very hard to stop after a shell smash. Anyways, I'll give my thoughts on team improvement now.

Focus sash
>Lum Berry
on Cloyster.
Lum doesn't really do much for cloyster, and sash ensures it gets a shell smash off. I'd lead with cloyster against most teams without rotom-wash, and get the shell smash off, and if u didnt take damage on the first turn, shell smash again, guaranteed live thanks to sash, then proceed to sweep against all mons not named rotom-wash, but after 2 shell smashes with no status affliction, rock blast gets the 2hko on a max hp evs max def evs def boosting nature rotom-wash:
+4 252+ Atk Cloyster Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-W: 255-300 (83.8 - 98.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Bulky Sleep Powder+Leech Seed MVenu set>your set, here's the set:
Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 144 HP / 148 Def / 216 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Explanation: This MVenu set is less offensive and more defensive, and is only really checked by Ferrothorn, but you have plenty of counters for that. This set is designed to take physical hits well, and also has good special bulk. Sleep Powder and Leech Seed allow you to stall out your opponent and get recovery, while Giga Drain is grass-type stab with even more recovery, and sludge bomb is poison-type stab.

Nasty Plot>Focus Blast on Thundurus
Focus Blast misses so much, it isn't a good check to Thundurus's only 2 weaknesses. Thunder Wave then Nasty Plot is a great combo for setting up and then wreaking havoc with Thunderbolt and HP Ice.

Hope i helped! Peace out :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)