Destiny Bond and Future Sight/Doom desire

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
When playing a battle the other day, my jirachi was KO'd when a gengar used Destiny bond the same turn doom desire killed him. From what I understood, destiny bond does not work against end of turn damage, such as leech seed, future sight, etc. Is this supposed to happen or was this just an oversight?

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If this is true, the correct place to report this is the Pokemon-Online forums, where they do development on the sim itself. We just manage our server.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
Yeah, it happened on the smogon server funny enough. So I go to the PO website and report it?

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Yes.

I found this!

When Destiny Bond is used, if the user faints as the direct result of an attack, the Pokémon that landed the knockout hit also faints. A Pokémon defeated by this move will faint before the Pokémon which used Destiny Bond. This move's effect only works if the user faints before making another move. If it faints later than that (unless it used this move again), this move's effect will not happen. Destiny Bond does not activate for damage that occurs at the end of the turn, including damage from Leech Seed and Future Sight. In a double battle, both opponents are targeted, but only the one that knocks the user out is affected. In a double battle, if the partner Pokémon causes the Pokémon using Destiny Bond to faint, the partner Pokémon will not be affected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)