[Gen V] Trick Room

I saw that everyone tries to get a really high speed stat and attack [most situations be it a rain dance / sunny / sand team or a team with just many pokemon working together in a synergy ] even stall teams want to be using their buffs 1st thing , so i thought about it and ended up with Trick Room built on my hands .

Trick Room is a gr8 skill , allows the otherwise more unused pokemon more usable or just increasing their use .

Abrevations :
TR = Trick Room

Nyways , to the team :

Lead :
Bronzong :

252 HP / 152 Atk / 104SpD.
Relaxed [+Def , - Speed]
Item : Focus Sash
Ability:Levitate
Skills :
Trick Room
Explosion
Gyro Ball
Stealth Rock

Generally I use a Trick Room followed by a Stealth Rock 1st 2 turns , though depending upon the enemy's lead i sometimes use Stealth Rock b4 so as to maximize TR time . In case or Aerodactyl , i use Gyro Ball instead coz its undoubtabily a taunt and blah blah . Explosion is well to go out with a BANG! .
Things it has problems with :
1. Shandera :
With Shadow Tag , its the biggest Bronzong killer there is , it switches in and i know i m gonna die . Its resistant to gyro and immune to Explosion and also to switching thanx to the ability .

2. Steel and fire pokemon :
Since this set cannot give Bronzy any psychic powers to use , its hunted by them . Steel Pokemon like Skarmory can switch in w/o any problems and start spiking while more fire pokemon can 2 hit it [coz of focus sash] though if TR is up by them , a good explosion never goes anywhere .

First Sweep :
Roobushin:

252 HP / 252 Atk / 4SpD.
Brave [+Atk , - Speed]
Item : Flame Orb
Ability:Guts
Skills :
Mach Punch
Drain Punch
Earthquake

Payback

Now this guy looks like a truck , but it hits like a train . Once Trick Room is up , he goes in . With Drain Punch STAB , it 1-2 hits most pokemon with Payback and Earthquake covering more type range . Payback tends to be a must as post ppl use a Ghost pokemon on me 1st thing . Earthquake is well Earthquake , it hits very high damage even w/o the STAB . Guts powers it up and Mach Punch is for revenge killing + non TR purposes .
Its problem ofcourse is the Ghost Pokemon , while with Earthquake [Shandera] and payback , it does hit them , coz of TR it is nearly never with 100 Base Power . part from that , i have to swotch it out 1st thing when TR ends generally coz Mach Punch while a good finisher , can really kill things on its own .

Sending it in a fight , allows for Burn Orb to activate and all , so its just too good for TR teams .

Things this guy is scared of :
While TR is up : Nothing
While TR is down : Anyand everything that cant be 1hit with a Mach Punch

2nd Trick Roomer :
Burungeru:

252 Def / 252 SpD. / 4HP
Sassy[+SpD. , - Speed]
Item : Leftovers
Ability:Water Absorb
Skills :
Trick Room
Will-O-Wisp
Night Shade

Confuse Ray

Now i practically nicknames this guy SpD. coz of its immense SpD. very usefull coz of its bulkiness . Its Ghost typing helps for immunity to explosion while Water provides some type resistances . Its ability Water Absorb helps me keep my Camerupt safe [scroll down] and comes in very usefulness when fighting drizzle teams coz they tend to use surf even on resistant shit. Confuse Ray can also be very useful coz it allows a little damage with some gap for an extra Night Shade time to time again . Pair Will-O-Wisp and Confuse Ray on a Physical Sweeper and he will switch most probably while the very high SpD. helps fight special sweepers . It barely gets OHKOed allowing for a reliable TR.

Its biggest weakness is thunder type pokemon . Not like its other weakness are overcome , but as u scroll down , u ll will see I have 1 more TR Slowking also Water based making it difficult for me to set up TR against Thunderbolt.

2nd Sweeper :
Cloyster:

252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 HP
Brave [+Atk , - Speed]
Item : Life Orb
Ability:Skill Link
Skills :
Icicle Spear
Shell Smash
Rock Smash
Explosion [Thinking to switch this with Rapid Spin]

With Skill Link , Icicle Spear and Rock Smash break nearly everything especially with the large type coverage Ice and Rock type moves have . Shell Smash is gr8 for non TR situations when against a physical attacker [named this guy Def. coz it has the highest Def. stat on the team] . Allows it survive 1 round to use Shell Smash and then kill everything . Really usefull for killing Dragons since Icicle is a STAB move .

I initially put in Explosion thinking it was a good move to end with especially with 252 Atk EVs and Brave , but I rarely find myself using it . To be honest , in the past 1 week I have not used it even once . I m thinking of using Rapid Spin here , but i just dont see myself switching this guy in to do a Rapid Spin especially with Natteroi being used very commonly to lay spikes .

Add to my previous problem , its also weak to thunder .

3rd Trick Roomer:
Slowking:

120 Def / 252 SpAtk. / 136 SpD.
Quiet[+Sp.Atk , - Speed]
Item : Sitrus Berry
Ability:Regeneration
Skills :
Trick Room
Surf
Psycho Shock
Flamethrower [Yes , it can use Flamethrower]

Now this guy defines why Trick Room was created . Its very slow so by using TR ur not really wasting a turn in any way . The sitrus prevents 2HKOs a lotta times especially when paired with Regeneration.

With STAB Psycho Boost, it can even attack high SpDef. stuff leaving them to gasp how they got hit so hard . Flamethrower provides excellent type coverage coz u end up seeing a lotta Jalorda/any Grass for that matter against it and it also helps kill Steel.

Problems are that its just another link to my chain of got wacked by lightning .

3rd Sweeper:
Camerupt:

252 Def / 252 SpAtk. / 4 SpD.
Quiet [+Sp.Atk , - Speed]
Ability:Solid Rock
Skills :
Flamethrower
Earth Power
Flash Cannon
Hidden Power - Grass

B4 him , i used to have a Breloom but PO seems to have sleep bugged or what ever and plus i need a counter to scizor and my thunderbolt problem and I also wanted some STABed Earth and Flames . Now Camerupt fit perfectly in that space . I have not used him much yet only 1-2 days but he seems to find his usefulness .

His biggest weakness of water is nearly solved by the Hidden Power , but when it can't OHKO a water , it dies [which is very common considering HP is only 70 on power and no STAB] , so i generally just switch to using my Water Absorb .

How I came to use them :

1st one i put was Bronzong from my Gen IV TR team , i used to love it then and i still love it even now .
2nd came Roobushin . I had read here how ppl were praising its Atk power and its only weakness of low speed so I put it in .
3rd came Slowking again from my Gen IV TR team . I used to use a Slowpoke there , but I decided to use a Slowking here instead .
4th was
Shubarugo . Yes , i know he isn't there . But thats coz he was replaced by Cloyster after I ran it a couple of times .
5th was Reuniclus . He was eventually replaced by Burungeru . His job was to use Magic Guard + Focus Sash for a unavoidable Trick Room . I m currently thinking of switching it back in to reduce my Thunder sensitivity .
6th was Breloom switched with Camerupt for its godly need .

-------------

Pokemon that might qualify for switching into the Team :
1.Reuniclus

252HP /252 Sp.Atk/ 4 SpDef.
Quiet[+Sp.Atk, - Speed]
Ability : Magic Guard
Skills :
Psycho Boost
Energy Ball
Shadow Ball
Trick Room

Now this guy with Magic guard and Focus Sash provides a unavoidable TR which can at many times be a life saver . Add its very high SpAtk to the equation and u get a gr8 pokemon . Also has low speed so it qualifies for TR.
It will most probably go in for Buru , but then i end up lacking any tanks (but then again I don't really need one) . The only thing i m afraid of with it would be no more immunity to explosion .

Past experience tells me that only Cloyster is actually a threat to not being able to even out a TR up with this guy around .

2. Gyrados : (Tired of putting up pics now) Some ppl did suggest him when i showed having problems with Scizor , but after that i did put Camerupt in which seems to be doing the job quite nicely .

3. Scizor : Scizor lacks speed which ppl try to make up with bullet punch and technician . Putting it with TR , I may be able to reduce it . But that is still untested and frankly i m not gonna be testing it till I find a hole for it .

=============

Pokemon/Strategies I have trouble fighting :

1. Spikes + Roar/Whirlwind/DragonTail . Can be solved by giving Cloyster Rapid Spin , so i m not very worried about it .
2. Teams with fast Electric pokemon who are switched in while i m TR less . As less likely this situation is , i end up being sweapt to nothingness . I have tried putting Camerupt , but at times he isn't available .
3. Scizor : I originally searched for a pokemon to counter it sollely when i was suggested Garydos but ended up with Camerupt coz of its Graound type immunity to electricity . But like I said earlier Camerupt wont be there always .
4. Dark Pokemon like Zuruzukin . If Roobushin is down , I lack any means to score a Super Effective on it . Add its very high Def./SpDef. to the equation and add its Rest + Shed Skin combo and i m left in a very bad situation . I used to have Breloom to back me up b4 , but since Camerupt , it can grow unkillable at times.

======

Any feedback is much appreciated .

I'll comment in bold red.
I saw that everyone tries to get a really high speed stat and attack [most situations be it a rain dance / sunny / sand team or a team with just many pokemon working together in a synergy ] even stall teams want to be using their buffs 1st thing , so i thought about it and ended up with Trick Room built on my hands .

Trick Room is a gr8 skill , allows the otherwise more unused pokemon more usable or just increasing their use .

Abrevations :
TR = Trick Room

Nyways , to the team :

Lead :
Bronzong :

252 HP / 152 Atk / 104SpD.
Relaxed [+Def , - Speed]
Ability:Levitate
Skills :
Trick Room
Explosion~Trick Room + Explosion is highly undesirable since you want to keep him alive as long as possible. Perhaps replace with Hypnosis to mess with you opponents team/leads.
Gyro Ball
Stealth Rock

Generally I use a Trick Room followed by a Stealth Rock 1st 2 turns , though depending upon the enemy's lead i sometimes use Stealth Rock b4 so as to maximize TR time . In case or Aerodactyl , i use Gyro Ball instead coz its undoubtabily a taunt and blah blah . Explosion is well to go out with a BANG! .
Things it has problems with :
1. Shandera :
With Shadow Tag , its the biggest Bronzong killer there is , it switches in and i know i m gonna die . Its resistant to gyro and immune to Explosion and also to switching thanx to the ability .

2. Steel and fire pokemon :
Since this set cannot give Bronzy any psychic powers to use , its hunted by them . Steel Pokemon like Skarmory can switch in w/o any problems and start spiking while more fire pokemon can 2 hit it [coz of focus sash] though if TR is up by them , a good explosion never goes anywhere .
Bronzong is begging for Mental Herb so that you can effectively set up TR from the get-go without being taunted. He's so bulky that there is no reason for a sash, and you might want to adjust your EVs to give it a little more bulk since he's your main TR user.

First Sweep :
Roobushin:

252 HP / 252 Atk / 4SpD.
Brave [+Atk , - Speed]
Item : Flame Orb
Ability:Guts
Skills :
Mach Punch ~If I remember correctly, you will always use this last in TR since priority is reversed (I think). If not, keep it. If it's changed to -1, I'd recomend replacing with Bulk Up. That's one of Roobushins key selling poisnts.
Drain Punch
Earthquake
Payback ~Since Payback is stronger if your last, and your in TR, I'd suggest replacing it with Stone Edge since you can still hit ghosts like Shanderaa, Gengar, and Burungeru for great damage with even more damage since Payback is only 50 power when your first.

Now this guy looks like a truck , but it hits like a train . Once Trick Room is up , he goes in . With Drain Punch STAB , it 1-2 hits most pokemon with Payback and Earthquake covering more type range . Payback tends to be a must as post ppl use a Ghost pokemon on me 1st thing . Earthquake is well Earthquake , it hits very high damage even w/o the STAB . Guts powers it up and Mach Punch is for revenge killing + non TR purposes .
Its problem ofcourse is the Ghost Pokemon , while with Earthquake [Shandera] and payback , it does hit them , coz of TR it is nearly never with 100 Base Power . part from that , i have to swotch it out 1st thing when TR ends generally coz Mach Punch while a good finisher , can really kill things on its own .

Sending it in a fight , allows for Burn Orb to activate and all , so its just too good for TR teams .

Things this guy is scared of :
While TR is up : Nothing
While TR is down : Anyand everything that cant be 1hit with a Mach Punch

2nd Trick Roomer :
Burungeru:

252 Def / 252 SpD. / 4HP Definetly change this to 252 HP / 4 Def/ 252 SpD in order to make him more defensive, seeing how a wall can't stand without cement. Likewise, a wall cannot survive with low HP.
Sassy[+SpD. , - Speed]
Item : Leftovers
Ability:Water Absorb
Skills :
Trick Room
Will-O-Wisp
Night Shade
Confuse Ray ~You'd definetly want to replace this with recover. Confusion is sadly unreliable, but Recover allows you to stick around for A LOT longer to set up TR and cripple your foes with WoW.

Now i practically nicknames this guy SpD. coz of its immense SpD. very usefull coz of its bulkiness . Its Ghost typing helps for immunity to explosion while Water provides some type resistances . Its ability Water Absorb helps me keep my Camerupt safe [scroll down] and comes in very usefulness when fighting drizzle teams coz they tend to use surf even on resistant shit. Confuse Ray can also be very useful coz it allows a little damage with some gap for an extra Night Shade time to time again . Pair Will-O-Wisp and Confuse Ray on a Physical Sweeper and he will switch most probably while the very high SpD. helps fight special sweepers . It barely gets OHKOed allowing for a reliable TR.

Its biggest weakness is thunder type pokemon . Not like its other weakness are overcome , but as u scroll down , u ll will see I have 1 more TR Slowking also Water based making it difficult for me to set up TR against Thunderbolt.

2nd Sweeper :
Cloyster:

252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 HP
Brave [+Atk , - Speed]
Item : Life Orb
Ability:Skill Link
Skills :
Icicle Spear
Shell Smash
Rock Smash
Explosion [Thinking to switch this with Rapid Spin]

With Skill Link , Icicle Spear and Rock Smash break nearly everything especially with the large type coverage Ice and Rock type moves have . Shell Smash is gr8 for non TR situations when against a physical attacker [named this guy Def. coz it has the highest Def. stat on the team] . Allows it survive 1 round to use Shell Smash and then kill everything . Really usefull for killing Dragons since Icicle is a STAB move .

I initially put in Explosion thinking it was a good move to end with especially with 252 Atk EVs and Brave , but I rarely find myself using it . To be honest , in the past 1 week I have not used it even once . I m thinking of using Rapid Spin here , but i just dont see myself switching this guy in to do a Rapid Spin especially with Natteroi being used very commonly to lay spikes .

Add to my previous problem , its also weak to thunder .

I'm sorry if this comes off strong, but Cloyster is terrible with Shell Smash on TR teams. The +2 speed negates it's ability to do anything on TR teams since the -1 in Def and SpD will get you killed. I would suggest that you replace this with something like Curse Swampert to reduce your weakness to Electric while providing a decent way to counter Sandstorm and Sun teams and serving as a nice tank when TR is down.

3rd Trick Roomer:
Slowking:

120 Def / 252 SpAtk. / 136 SpD.
Quiet[+Sp.Atk , - Speed]
Ability:Regeneration
Skills :
Trick Room
Surf
Psycho Shock
Flamethrower [Yes , it can use Flamethrower]

Now this guy defines why Trick Room was created . Its very slow so by using TR ur not really wasting a turn in any way . The sitrus prevents 2HKOs a lotta times especially when paired with Regeneration.

With STAB Psycho Boost, it can even attack high SpDef. stuff leaving them to gasp how they got hit so hard . Flamethrower provides excellent type coverage coz u end up seeing a lotta Jalorda/any Grass for that matter against it and it also helps kill Steel.

Problems are that its just another link to my chain of got wacked by lightning .
^Definetly swap with TR Rankurusu. With TR, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, and Hidden Power Fire, he can ruin a lot of teams. He also provides your team with some good resistances along with reducing your weakness to electric. Rankurusu can also use Regenerate (DW Ability) since you wouldn't be using Recover on his TR set, unless you want to run a Calm Mind Set.

3rd Sweeper:
Camerupt:

252 Def / 252 SpAtk. / 4 SpD.
Quiet [+Sp.Atk , - Speed]
Ability:Solid Rock
Skills :
Flamethrower
Earth Power
Flash Cannon
Hidden Power - Grass ~I'd change this to HP Ice in order to hit things like Gliscor, Hippowdon, and Randorusu for better damage since they would otherwise sweep through you.

B4 him , i used to have a Breloom but PO seems to have sleep bugged or what ever and plus i need a counter to scizor and my thunderbolt problem and I also wanted some STABed Earth and Flames . Now Camerupt fit perfectly in that space . I have not used him much yet only 1-2 days but he seems to find his usefulness .

His biggest weakness of water is nearly solved by the Hidden Power , but when it can't OHKO a water , it dies [which is very common considering HP is only 70 on power and no STAB] , so i generally just switch to using my Water Absorb .

^Nice to see you using something original. Camerupt can do well if you keep it away from threats like Starmie or other bulky waters.
Some things I notice.

Your team is ruined by Toxic Spikes. If you need a spinner, Forretress and Donphan work well since they are generally slow and bulky while resisting your weaknesses to Electric (You're "flooding" yourself with water types). Donphan ads to your Grass weaknesses, but you should be safe since Grass is somewhat uncommon as an attacking type.

Your team is stopped cold by Taunt. If you can't set up TR, you can't really do ANYTHING.

Hmm nice suggestions , but here are some points :
1. The reason for explosion on Bronzong is so that I can get a new pokemon out ASAP . With explosion , I generally look at Roobushin coming in at round 4 with TR set up at round 2 allowing it to take down 2-3 pokemon generally . so Explosion stays as far as my strategy is concerned . And BTW focus sash allows me to pull of TR even against builts that use a fire pokemon as starter .
2. Priority is priority and it is NOT reversed in TR . Hence Mach Punch will stay . Though I took ur advice and swaped in Stone Edge for Payback .
3. I actually did infact switch Buru with Rankurusu after writing this to try and it worked wonders . So Ranku has been added and Buru is well kicked coz i found it was not needed as much .
4. Cloyster is well i m sorry to say but i need it to destroy the pesky substitutes some ppl like to put up and part from that it has the hardest hitting rock + ice attacks . The reason for shell smash is for use outside TR since i cant keep it up all the time . But I took ur advice [sort of] and put in ice shard for it instead . I have previously used Swamprt in Gen 4 TR and the fact is that TR team is meant to come in fast hit like a Truck and leave . Swampert lacks the Atk power for it plain and simple .
5. Slowking stays as far as i know . With Rubu gone i have only 2 water pokemon allowing for descent electricity coverage .Part from that i love that guy just too much , he has helped me get through a lot of fights .
6. Got it HP ice for HP grass

Hmm nice suggestions , but here are some points :
1. The reason for explosion on Bronzong is so that I can get a new pokemon out ASAP . With explosion , I generally look at Roobushin coming in at round 4 with TR set up at round 2 allowing it to take down 2-3 pokemon generally . so Explosion stays as far as my strategy is concerned . And BTW focus sash allows me to pull of TR even against builts that use a fire pokemon as starter .
Ah, completely understandable. Swithcing and Explosion both take 1 turn, but I suppose dealing good damage on the way out os a good plan.

2. Priority is priority and it is NOT reversed in TR . Hence Mach Punch will stay . Though I took ur advice and swaped in Stone Edge for Payback .
Okay, I just didn't remember how priority worked in TR, but good to know you took my advice.

3. I actually did infact switch Buru with Rankurusu after writing this to try and it worked wonders . So Ranku has been added and Buru is well kicked coz i found it was not needed as much .
Good work.

4. Cloyster is well i m sorry to say but i need it to destroy the pesky substitutes some ppl like to put up and part from that it has the hardest hitting rock + ice attacks . The reason for shell smash is for use outside TR since i cant keep it up all the time . But I took ur advice [sort of] and put in ice shard for it instead . I have previously used Swamprt in Gen 4 TR and the fact is that TR team is meant to come in fast hit like a Truck and leave . Swampert lacks the Atk power for it plain and simple .
If you want something to break subs, you should try Technician Chillaccino. Sweep Slap, Bullet Seed, Rock Blast, and Quick Attack work great against alot of threats while dealing great damage. It's speed is meh-ish if you run Brave, thus way you work in TR and out. He also trades a weakness to Electric, Grass, Rock, and Steel for an immunity for ghost and ONLY a weakness to fighting. Ahhh...the buety of Normal types.

May I suggest...

Chiracinno @ Life Orb with Technician
Brave-252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
-Sweep Slap
-Rock Blast
-Bullet Seed
-Quick Attack

Sweep Slap deals HUGE damage, as well as his other attacks. Here's proof.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRDfcWXYE_Q

Even without the crits, you still deal great damage while breaking subs. His didn't last long since he used it as his lead, but yours will have more bulk.
5. Slowking stays as far as i know . With Rubu gone i have only 2 water pokemon allowing for descent electricity coverage .Part from that i love that guy just too much , he has helped me get through a lot of fights .
If you use Chirachiino as a Sub breaker, I can see this working rather well. It still works though, I suppose.

6. Got it HP ice for HP grass
Nice. Just remember to keep it away from Swampert(too bad he's so dead this Gen).

Rock Slide on Roopushin fool! Much better coverage than EQ and you can flinch when you're that fast. Also, Hammer Arm is stronger than Drain Punch and makes you faster every time you use it!

Yeah, you can use a Cloyster on a TR team but NO Shell Smash! It'd be pretty effective otherwise.

@Jaroda :
Yes Hammer arm is more powerful , but Drain gives u HP and most ppl can't survive a Drain Punch . w/o Drain , i would give Roobushin barely 2-3 turns of life coz with burn damage added , it wont last long . And Part from that its Fun to see ppl quit when Robbu goes from 10% hp to 50% just after they used everything they could to kill ya .
And i already did switch Rock Edge in for Payback thanx for the comment though

@Johnbond27 I seriously don't remember u , i win a lot and i lose a lot too .

P.S I switched in Dunclops in for Slowking . With the evo stone and pain split , 252 def and 252 spdef. it seems to allow me to regain health while inflicting damage . P.S incase ur wondering , no toxic , as far as i m concerned , pain split + night shade is good enough . and Destiny bond helps kill peskyness .

So...has Chirachiino been looked at? It seems he would be a grater asset to your team. BTW, replace quick attack with Wake Up Slap. Greater damage (and he doesn't even learn quick attack. lol)

sorry but no ... its speed is too high for my use .... i m already getting outsped in TR situations many times and I really like cloyster coz of its skill link icicle spear + rock blast . And add to that its high def which allows me to switch it in at times .

I did although switch Camerupt with Magnezone using a balloon coz well Came just didnt seem to do the job I had for it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)