Giratina-O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, after countless Showdown battles, I can say that WoW+Shadow Sneak+Outrage+Roar is excellent, and is usually a safe way for me to open up. I cannot even begin to count how many people have switched in Xerneas on Outrage (often to their surprise that it cancels, often without confusion) and go Geomancy with their Power Herb, only to be trollishly switched out. In short, it DOES in fact work. And well, too.
Yeah, an unexpected Roar can be good against less experienced players who spam Geomancy Xerneas, but people who know what they're doing would just take the free kill with Moonblast. It's hard to find a Gira-O set that isn't Ho-oh or Defog bait, two things you definitely don't want against better players.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
Gira being Ho-oh bait can play its favour if you run stone edge, even if that is a little obtuse

I'd like to try out some Giratina ideas ive had recently, but most of my time is going to be devoted to VGC. Anyways my first idea is an hone claws shadow force, shadow sneak, dragon claw set. Dragon/Ghost has amazing coverage this gen. Another idea is an offensive calm mind set with shadow ball, dragon pulse, and thunderbolt, because with those three moves you have perfect coverage and you dont really fear Ho Oh nearly as much. Arceus Rock could still phaze you, but I would recommend using something that lures and takes down Rockceus.

Not a missingno

Banned deucer.
I use this mofo as a xerneas lure/sweeper.
Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Roar
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Dragon Pulse

I use roar becuase simply,its negative priority means that I outslow xerneas and render it partially useless.So after that,my opponent is definetly in shock because their sweeper just got denied,and they dont know what other evil things this mofo(satan)can do.I use this oppertunity to set up and sweep/put me in the win condition.I cannot describe how evil this set is

SnoopingGil

professional lurker
I don't see how that set can reliably beat Geo Xern when a Moonblast has a 40-ish% chance to OHKO. Hoping that the opponent is going to set up on Giratina-O instead of attacking seems like a really risky gamble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)