Heroes of Nuzlockes

TMan87

We shall bow to neither master nor god
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
We already have the Worst Nuzlocke Deaths here, to post the most infuriating or undeserved losses that happened in a Nuzlocke.
This thread, however, is to honor the unsung heroes of your playthroughs. Whether it is a Pokémon who won against all odds, one whose sacrifice allowed the run to continue, or a clutch intervention of RNGsus sparing you from losing a team member, all stories are welcome here.

My story is from a somewhat recent White 2 Nuzlocke with randomized Pokémon because why not. I was nearing the end of my journey, finally getting to Victory Road after collecting the traditional eight badges. My encounter in Victory Road was a Torkoal promptly named M. Oogway... and tossed aside, since I already had a pretty solid team by then.
However, Victory Road proved far tougher a challenge than anticipated: being underleveled did not tip the scales in my favor, and a few surprise strong Pokémon fell half my team.
Scrambling for replacements, I decided to add M. Oogway (among others) to the team, because Torkoal's high Def and access to Amnesia made it pretty handy. Finally seeing the light at the end of Victory Road, will a team fully caught up, I set out for the Elite Four.

And it was easy.

Literally Caitlin's team of Samurott/Sawk/Krookodile/Slowking was the most threatening thing it threw at me, and that doesn't say much.
Iris, though... was another level entirely.
It wasn't her Darkrai or Uxie that posed a threat, no, it was her Electivire.
The rest of my team was kind of frail and could not tank well enough, so M. Oogway was sent out to absorb hits.
And absorb hits it did, with an Amnesia set up. It tanked blow after blow, letting me heal the entirety of my team, before taking the offensive and finishing Electivire off with Charcoal Lava Plume. But that's not the end of the story.

At this point he's at half health, but I figure that's okay because he couldn't be 2HKO by Electivire and Iris's next Pokémon is Electabuzz.
One Thunder later and M. Oogway joins several comrades in the cemetery, leaving me staring at my screen in confusion.

I managed to defeat Iris after that, even taking on Darkrai without fear. M. Oogway was the only loss in that fight. He fell so that the entire team could pick up the torch and clear the fight. He was, for all intends and purposes, a hero.

What are your stories?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)