SM OU Hippowdon and Celesteela based OU team

Hello everyone

Its been a while yet again since I have posted a team on Smogon OU, but this team that I made was supposed to be for an experiment test with Celesteela and Hippowdon and I was just messing around with the team on my alt account for Pokemon Showdown and for some reason the team turned out with some amazing results, I unfortunately never saved any replays of this team but it is free for any of you to try out and see for yourself, so anyway enough of me blabbing, lets get to the team.

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Focus Blast

So lets begin with Alakazam, this is the Mega of the team and it really works well with the team, Magic Guard before going Mega helps it ignore Stealth Rocks and also helps it take no damage from the Sandstorm damage from Hippowdon. Overall great Mega and just really seems to work in this team.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Hippowdon is the Physical wall on this team, it acts as a Stealth Rock setter and a staller at the same time with Toxic and Slack Off, it also has Earthquake for damage + Stab boost.

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Toxic
- Heavy Slam

Celesteela is the Special wall on this team, Leech Seed is for healing, Protect is to stall a bit, Toxic is to add a timer to the opponents Pokemon, and Heavy Slam is just damage. Nothing really different about Celesteela compared to the typical one you see in the ladder.

Kartana @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike

Now you may be wondering why I'm running Timid Kartana, well its because I really like the Speed boost from it and in my opinion, it sweeps better like this. It runs the basic Swords Dance + 3 attacks with Fightinium-Z, nothing really different except the Timid Nature lol.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Haze

Toxapex also helps out on this team as another wall and it helps protect Hippowdown from Water moves. Rotom-Wash however can be a problem, but with the right plays, it can be dealt with, it just sort of comes to mind games.

Tornadus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Hurricane
- Taunt

Tornadus is usually my lead for the team, Taunt helps it stop any set up from the opponent, we all should know why Tornadus runs U-Turn, Defog helps to get rid of hazards and Hurricane is for some heavy damage.

So there we have it, this is the team. What are your thoughts? If you have any things that can improve the team, feel free to drop a reply and share your thoughts and improvements, so thats all, have a nice day :)

(Note: About Import/Exporting the team, yeah it may be a bit of a problem because I'm not very fimilar with all the controls on Smogon because I'm not usually on here much but I have seen how people put the team in a seperate link which makes it easier to copy and paste but yeah, if you want to import it, just copy and paste each Pokemon build seperately onto the Showdown teambuilder and just do that for all 6 Pokemon, sorry about that guys.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)