-Insert Fancy Team Name Here- A 5th Gen RMT!

Well hello I made this team three days ago in my spare time and I dived into 5th gen. It seems okay, I've won a few tours with it but I have a weakness to water types (offensively and defensively). Starmie is a complete bitch to this team ice-beaming everything in-sight and I'm walled quite easily by several water types such as Empoleon and Pururiru (The Water/Ghost SOB).

~Team Jass~

Gaara (Borutorosu) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Mischievous Heart
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Change
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Borutorosu is a new 5th gen electric/flying pokemon. I chose to use it specs as it has good base 111 speed and spectacular special attack. Volt change is a special form of u-turn (electric type) allowing me to scout and get a decent hit on an unsuspecting victim. I usually chose to use volt change and go to one of my other pokemon to get a better lead matchup and if it ohko's the opposing pokemon I go to my scarfed Kyuremu. Focus blast is to deal with T-tar leads (which are quite common) and gives me some good coverage. Psychic almost ohko's Roobushin and HP ice allows me to hit dragon types, which are also fairly common.

Chill. (Kyuremu) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Focus Blast

Kyurumu is another newly introduced pokemon, it has Ice/Dragon typing. Ice-beam and draco meteor provide good solid stab while HP fire allows me to hit the new "Natorei" (Grass/Steel) which is a good wall. I'm not fond of being locked onto it though. Focus blast rounds off the coverage and hurts pure steel types more than hp-fire does.

Ingo (Sazandora) @ Life orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs 192 Atk / 64 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature (+Spe, -SpDef)
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Surf
- Taunt

This is a Sazandora set I created. The only issue I have with it is that it's quite slow and if I don't switch it in early game it's useless. Sazandora is my primary wall-breaker and check to stall, he isn't very effective though as a lack of recovery means he dies off. Status also cripples him as he is immume to none. This is probably the weakest link in my team at this time. He does scare off some walls though and can hit hard at times.

Trojan Horse (Porygon2) @ Evolution Stone
Trait: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic
- Recover

Porygon-2's defenses with the Pre-Evolution stone are out of this world. It can live several fighting moves. Bolt-Beam allow me to super-effectively hit many common sweepers while toxic and recovery give me the potential to stall. I chose trace over analyze because it allows me to switch into a good chunk of the metagame without harm and can save me at times. I also don't need the extra power as I carry toxic on this.

Whaddup. (Metagross) @ Life Orb
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Agility
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch

Agil-Gross is a beast in 5th gen. The only pokemon that can stop me with ease is Puriru. Rotom-A lost it's electric typing in 5th gen and is now used sparingly. Metagross finds plenty of time to switch in. Earth-Quake and Meteor Mash provide good coverage while I can usually end with Explosion. I only have issues with Shandera's on Baloons, Puriru and Natorei. Metagross is my main sweeper and is very reliable. (If only I could find a decent Sazandora set/replacement which can handle Puriru and Natorei and other bulky waters which I'm forced to go BOOM on).

Noobushin (Roobushin) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback

Roobushin recks face. If you've played it you know how powerful it can be. Tentacruel and pure physical walls are issues but besides that I can reck. I'm debating Stone-Edge/Payback but I'd like some input on that. I usually keep stone edge as the majority of ghosts are quite frail and can be ko'd but sub-gars and Dusknoirs can be annoying at times. I chose Iron-Fist over guts as many people will be afraid to wisp me in fear of guts and iron fist guarantees me a boost (which is usually useful to finish off weakened things with mach punch).

That's the team. I tried to go with some type coverage while trying to incorporate some new pokemon. I'm still quite shitty at 5th gen so I'd appreciate any constructive ratings you can give me.

I changed to payback as I was having trouble with several ghosts and I also changed to guts thanks to several raters.

Thanks for reading!

Lamppost

I put the milk in first
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
just a few things

on sazandora instead of taunt you might want draco meteor or another special attack to round out your coverage

on metagross instead of explosion you might want to try thunderpunch or zenheadbutt since metagross without t-punch gets walled easy by gyrados and friends.

and on roobu i personally run SE over payback, ive tried both and SE works the best for me

Stone Edge is better than Payback and always use Guts unless you're using a Subpunch set. It's not about boosting your moves so much as being immune to burn and benefiting from Toxic Spikes.

I think Borotorosu would be better off using Nasty Plot. Nasty Plot, Thunder Bolt, HP Ice and Thunder wave/Taunt is good enough. Priority Thunderwave in particular helps you slow down those speed water sweepers like Kingdra and Starmie.

And yes, T-punch on Metagross over Explosions.

I don't have a sub-punch set, I think you mean bulk up. T-punch isn't much better but I like the coverage it gives. I don't think using t-wave on a lead pokemon is a good idea.

Lol.

Roopushin switches in.
Roopushin is badly poisoned by 3 layers of Toxic Spikes(lol. Almost never happens).
Rotom-H switches in.
Roopushin(100%) uses Bulk up.
Attack and Defense was raised by +1.
Roopushin is hurt by poison.
Roopushin lost 12% of it's health.
Roopushin(88%) recovered 6% due to leftovers.
Rotom-H uses Tbolt. Lets say it does around 30%.
Roopushin used Stone Edge. Say it does 50%, since Rotom-H is a RestTalker.
Roopushin(64%) is hurt by poison. Say 25%? I don't know. lol
Roopushin(39%) recovered 6% due to leftovers.

See? Lol. Two turns and you're already at 45%, maybe higher, cause I don't know the base HP of your pokemon. Anyways, what I'm saying is, you'll benefit much more from Guts than having Iron Fist. Yes, it's cool to have that ability, but this isn't cool when it happens to you. Say you had guts, Stone Edge would've done around 90% or so. Wish for a crit, you have a free kill. Although it pretty much depends on you if you'll use it. I guess not. But it's worth a try. lol.

I don't think using t-wave on a lead pokemon is a good idea.
For you it is. There was once, the assholes lead had T-Wave and I had Moltres as mah lead, it T-Wave and fucked me up. How about that? T-Wave allows you to cripple shit and stuff if they're scared of you. Starmie is very annoying and if you're scarfer is down, free kills for it.

elDino

Deal With It.
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey this is a nice team you've got here, can only do a quick rate though. Just a suggestion, replace Explosion for ThunderPunch on Metagross as Explosion got nerfed and it's an awful move now... Run guts on Roobushin as it helps against switching into status. I think you should change Porygon2 for something else, say a Suicune as Porygon looks out of place on this team due to it being a very offensive team... Suicune also helps with the Starmie weakness a bit... Good luck with the team!

I don't have a sub-punch set, I think you mean bulk up.
Hence the keyword "unless" in my original post.

I don't think using t-wave on a lead pokemon is a good idea.
Um... ok? Wanna elaborate on that a little bit? Priority Thunder Wave is going to save your ass against Swift Swimmers like Kingdra and Ludicolo and is just a great move in general. What does it matter if you're in the lead or not? Borotorosu doesn't have to be sacrificed that's what you're implying, there's no reason for that. At least run Taunt if you're a lead so you can prevent SR from coming on the field.

I decided to change Payback, thanks to several raters and thunder punch over explosion helps (though I do occasionally miss explosion). Would anyone recommended a lead set as having a specs thunder-wave doesn't seem very appealing to me. I'm going to try to find a decent replacement for Sazandora. I've been using a specs latios for a bit and it's not doing very well. Sorry about mis-reading @ Jaroda :).

Also I kind-off like Porygon-2. It's toxic and recover come in very handy and I can always rely on thunder-bolt and Ice beam hitting common sweepers (Besides the sand mole).

Lamppost

I put the milk in first
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
borutorusu @ LO/Leftovers
mischievious heart
4hp/252spA/252spe
timid
-T-Wave
-Taunt
-Thunderbolt
-HP Ice

This is a pretty effective lead IMO you can go with LO (my first choice) to pack a little extra punch or leftovers if you want to last a little longer.

Taunt will stop incoming stealth rocks and t-wave can cripple other faster leads.

This set could also be a good anti rain team as you could cripple pokemon like kingdra with the priority t-wave.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)