Gen 5 It started raining

Hello everyone, it's my first post and my first competitive team. I decided to start with a gen 5 team for Showdown to experience a little, then I'm going to move on to the eight generation. I need help to improve my skills and my team building abilities.

The Team:

I decided to start with a weather team because I think (correct me if I'm wrong) they have so much advantage against other teams and Rain is the best due to the neutral damage it can do and the rain power boost that is a nightmare.

186.png

I started with the obvious frog. It has the Drizzle ability so I think there's nothing to explain. It's a must.
I think a rain team should play offensive due to the big damage and politoed with a defensive set is not a real wall so I decided to use SpecsToad.
Hydro Pump to surprise the opponent with an aggressive playstile. With STAB, rain and specs it shots everything don't resist it.
Ice Beam for Grass types, Landorus-To, Gliscor, Dragons and every flying type which you can't take down with Hydro Pump.
Focus blast especially to shot Tyranitar and instantly win the wheater war and for Ferrothorn.
Encore to trap stallers.
Modest Nature to maximize SpA.

454.png

The Second choise is Toxickroak. I needed a rain abuser and he is the perfect one. Rain team usually struggles against walls like Blissey, Chansey, Ferrothorn because they don't suffer neither the water Spam nor the Ice-Thunder coverage. Toxickroak due to his Fight Type can easily break them and open holes throughout the opponent team.
His ability dry Skin with a bulky set fit perfectly with Rain becoming a physical sweeper hard to take down. He gives to the team a huge priority move that pressure the opponent a lot.
Firstly I choosed Keldeo but sadly I needed a solid Wall, Grass, SporeLoom, fight counter.
I could try them together but probably I would suffer CMpsychic who give me a little problems much more. I don't know, suggest me.
Black Sludge for infinite recovery.
Bulk up to improve Atk and Def at the same time. After a boost and with dry skin and Black Sludge he hits hard and at the same time it becames difficult to take down
Sucker Punch because is Sucker punch. Huge priority, make a huge pressure and kill everything don't resist it after 1/2 boosts.
Ice punch to shot in prediction Landorus-T, Glyscor, Dragons with EQ that come in.
Adamant nature to maximize the power.

starmie.jpg

Offensive ExpertBeltStarmie is perfect because is a fast special sweeper with a great coverage a spinner and make a huge pressure in the same time. It can also hit other waters hard.
I preferred Expert Belt to the SpecsSet because Starmie has a great coverage that I want to use without restrictions.
I preferred Expert Belt to Life Orb set because offensice Starmie is not so much resistant, it usually enter on Rocks and with Orb it would go down too easily.
Hydro Pump to huge damage
Ice Beam coverage.Note that Timid Starmie outspeed also Latios.
Thunder because it has 100% accuracy under the rain and hit other waters hard. 30% chanse to paralyze also. With Thunder Starmie don't lose the ability to check Keldeo (no psychic in the move set)
Rapid spin because is the best spinner with Excadrill and because I don't like spikes, rocks and leech seed damage.
Timid Nature for max speed.

latios.jpg

2 Special Sweeper, 1 physical sweeper. I needed a reveange killer and a dragon should always be in my team.
Latios is probably the best scarfer but it suffers a lot Pursuit, so Scizor and Tyranitar are two huge problems to deal with. By the way Latios can Revenge kill literally everything with DracoMeteor+Choise Scarf.
He gives to the team a Grass, Fight, Electric, Psychic (also fire) resistences and a ground immunity which fit perfectly with his teamates.
His weakness to ice is covered well by the waters. Dark and bug are covered by Toxickroak instead.
Draco Meteor STAB can Revenge kill everything except steels
Ice Beam to kill grass type on which he switch in, other dragons if you want to avoid the Draco Meteor SpA drop, Gliscor and Landorus.
Thunder to Kill waters which could abuse of rain.
Surf because is boosted and for neutral coverage.
Timid Nature to outspeed everything.

598.png

With 4 sweepers a wall is necessary even in an offensive team.
Ferrothorn is the perfect wall. It can tank both physical and special attacks, it can take without problems Draco Meteor and Outrage from dragons and his premier weakness (fire) is covered under the Rain. It is also the rock setter of my team and my out to Trick Rooms.
Leftovers is the item for recovery.
Stealth rocks because are staple.
Leech Seed to give him and other members a recovery while it take down the opponent.
Thunder Wave to punish everything is so stupid to believe it can be a good set up fodder. Cripple dragons after it tanked Outrage/Draco Meteor.
Gyro ball to hit hard and don't become too passive.
No Spikes because not needed.
No power whip because it often miss and usually Gyro Ball works better because is more generic and also do much more damage.
Relaxed nature to maximize Gyro Ball power. Speed is not needed.

130.png

The Monster. I needed a Late Game sweeper and an Earthquake user and DragonDance Gyarados do both things. Honestly it's in test.
It's an other physical sweeper and setupper.
Its Waterfall under the rain, after 1 dance and with the flinch became a really nightmare.
Nature Jolly to outspeed Jolteon at +1
DDance for speed and power
Waterfall STAB
Earthquake because no one in my team use it
Stone Edge Coverage.
I could consider Bounce but it seems a very predictable move, I don't know.
By the way I'm considering replace him with scizor to have a check against Latwins, Psychic Type and a better match up against Tar

Thanks for reading,i accept every criticism and suggestions

Politoed @Choise Specs
Modest Neture
Evs: 252 Hp/4 Spd/252 SpA
Drizzle

-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Focus Blast
-Encore

Toxickroak Black Sludge
Admant Nature
Evs: 244 HP/132 Atk/120 Def/12 Spe
Dry Skin

-Bulk up
-Sucker Punch
-Drain Punch
-Ice Punch

Starmie @ExpertBelt
Timid Nature
Evs: 252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Spe
Analityc

-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Thunder
-Rapid Spin

Latios @Choise Scarf
Timid Nature
Evs: 252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Spe
Levitate

-Draco Meteor
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Thunder

Ferrothorn Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
Evs: 252 Hp/48 Def/208 SpD
Iron Barbs

-Stealth Rock
-Leech Seed
-Thunder Wave
-Gyro Ball

Gyarados Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
Evs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Moxie

-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)