ORAS NU Kangoku Gakuen(0,5K msgs special)

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
OUPL Champion
prison school.png

Intro

Hi guys its ya boi Koosh and this is my first NU RMT ever cause i never really felt like sharing any teams, however, i feel like this team represents the current meta pretty well. I was planning to hit the #1 spot with this team first but the best i could manage was 8 cause of bad internet, hax and laziness(Not like laddering proves anything anyway lol). This is also my 500th post so I'll be doing shoutouts n all that good stuff :]. I'm not a man of many words and 90% of the people wouldnt bother reading 3 paragraphs anyway so let's get to the good part!

SashJynx is my reliable waifu. You lead with it 80% of the time and just put something to sleep while wrecking stuff after. Now i wanted to use the new drops since they all have good synergy anyway. Fletchinder and Magneton form cool voltturn core and Kabutops spins sneaky pebbles and spikes away like it always does.

Buildings so ez oml i already got 4 members 0_o. Team is looking kinda weak to ground types and Lanturn is a pain so time to get meself a duck de mexicano jajaja.

Ok thats looking pretty good already. Two water resists, two fire resists, voltturn core, rapid spinner, two priority users and a steel-type(jizz) my team ocd is already satisfied. BUT KOOSH YOU DONT HAVE A STEALTH ROCKER AND UR WEK 2 FITE AND ELECT *SLAP* bitch calm down i got dis haha xd.

Golurk has always been a cool guy one of my favs from gen 5. For this team it sets rocks, makes people call it a (BAN ME PLEASE) with No Guard Dynamic Punch, and prevents Magnetons from freely volt switching.

Hana (Jynx) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lovely Kiss
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Description:
SashJynx is my fav mon to use in NU because its great to just be able to lead with it, put something to sleep and start firing off attacks. I prefer using Focus Blast over something like Nasty Plot because it OHKOs Sneasel, Kabutops and Magneton. Spread is simple just max speed max spatk to outspeed as much as possible and hit hard. Dry Skin is an amazing ability for avoiding Aqua Jets finishing you off and blocks powerful Water attacks like Ludicolos Hydro Pump.

Kiyoshi (Kabutops) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Rapid Spin
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall

Description:
Kabutops synergizes great with the rest of the team. It rapid spins for Jynx and Fletchinder, it takes advantage of Ludicolo's rain and its my main switchin to Fire-types. This spread is simple as well, I'm running Jolly to outspeed opposing Kabutops and neutral nature Magmortar but ofcourse Adamant is an alternative that is just as good. Life Orb to hit harder and 29 IVs to get a Life Orb number. I could use Swords Dance over Waterfall but I like Waterfall for being able to hit Golurk, Sandslash and other Ground-types directly.

Shingo (Fletchinder)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Description:
Fletchinder can be extremely dangerous if you dont prepare enough for it. While base 73 attack might not seem much, if its invested in and has a high base power priority move like Acrobatics at its disposal its packs quite a punch, especially after a Swords Dance. The speed is to outspeed Samurott before it can Aqua Jet, while the rest goes in bulk. U-turn is a cool move on Fletchinder to pivot out of its counters and checks and deal with them with the appropriate team member. Roost is obviously for longevity.

Gakuto (Ludicolo) @ Life Orb
Modest / Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam

Description:
Ludicolo usually ends up wallbreaking for this team instead of sweeping, although it is capable of it if given the right conditions. The spread is standard, 29 HP gives it LO number and 0 attack IVs reduces confusion and Foul Play damage. Can't really say much about this one, if you've played NU, you know how it works xd.

Joe (Magneton) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Hidden Power [Ground]

Description:
Revenge killer for this team. Standard spread for a special scarfer. I'm using Magnet Pull and HP Ground to fuck with opposing Magnetons after Fletchinder has U-turned into this and it also hits other electric types for a bit of damage so that I'm not completely walled by them. HP Fire if Ferroseed is a bitch. Thunderbolt, Flash Cannon and Volt Switch are all standard STAB moves on Magneton. Great check to Fletchinder, Sneasel and Kabutops.

Andre (Golurk) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: No Guard / Iron Fist
EVs: 64 HP / 228 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Dynamic Punch / Fire Punch

Description:
Golurk is the glue to the team, sets up rocks, is immune to electric and fighting and it uses standard Kush (BAN ME PLEASE)ry in No Guard Dynamicpunch. Colbur berry cause im weak as hell to Dark. Speed for outspeeding max speed Mawile, HP is kinda specific situation(lets it live CB Sneasel Knock Off after rocks and 2 layers of spikes) and rest is in attack with Adamant nature to still hit hard. Run Iron Fist and Fire Punch if you're not a (BAN ME PLEASE) but I am so im rolling with this.

Hana (Jynx) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lovely Kiss
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Kiyoshi (Kabutops) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Rapid Spin
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall

Shingo (Fletchinder)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Gakuto (Ludicolo) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam

Joe (Magneton) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Andre (Golurk) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 64 HP / 228 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Dynamic Punch

Inner Circle: Tokyo Tom Stathakis 49 sugarhigh Henry TDK Jaiho Dallaren Tesung Without you guys I probably wouldnt even on this site anymore, best friends on smog and its great to see you all making smogon careers in different ways. Tokyo Tom finally as a BW tutor, Tesung with his trophy, TDK the teambuilder, Stathakis legendary worst luck on the site and 49 best memer.

That one really big chat: Imanalt KratosMana Cienight Bouffalant ben gay Finchinator shartruce2 blunder Subject 18 Toxzn Steve Angello TheEnder PDC Laga

PU peeps: Anty Kingler12345 galbia trc Robert Alfons Magnemite Megazard Z scorpdestroyer Haven't talked much to some of you lately but p cool tier and all <3 u guys 2. Ill probably hang out more when its time for PUPL!!

Le OG squad: ShootingStarmie Don Honchkrorleone Gary2346 Halcyon Subject 18

Miscellaneous PS/Smogon people:

The Leprechaun Been my friend on this site since the beginning even before Smogon :] will always remember you even if you are a little bit less active stay leppin.

Bean Same as lep but have one thing to add... WATCH FMA ALREADY

RU peeps: Arikado Ajna atomicllamas barton Caption Molk migzoo Montsegur Pearl. Scene zdrup15 Lyto Ojoni special shoutout to barton for being a fuking fucboi. shouts to gen 6 for making RU shit. not as shit now tho cus whimsi doublade and aboma are gone and 3 dragons joined.

UU peeps: DMT iplaytennislol dodmen newfren Sam choolio honestly DMT is the only person that matters in UU room be rel. tier is p decent especially gen 5.

NU peeps(Mexican Mesprits): Lasagne Can-Eh-Dian Cherub Agent Bedschibaer Vileman QueenOfLuvdiscs HJAD good tier probs best one rn gonna play it a lot more with new drops :]. Didnt get to play during NUPL unfortunato but was glad i could help building and testing teams and Cherub Agent is superior gen 5 player anyway.

Probably forgot a lot of people or added those who really dont care sorry in advance im just human xd

Ghosts are annoying as they're fast and i have no resists. Golurk can lives one Shadow Ball though and OHKO with Shadow Punch, Jynx lives with sash and puts to sleep, I got priority to check em as well.

Hope you enjoyed reading this RMT as much as I enjoyed testing and making this team :] have a good one.

Last edited:
Hey Kushalos

We have some history before, playing in a random PU tourney final, and I just wanna say this team is excellent. A great display of offense at its finest, and quite frankly one of the better built offense teams I've seen so far. So naturally, this will be a harder team to rate than most, so if I seem quite picky, forgive me :]

Onto my suggested change; you really aren't weak to anything in particular for an offense team, I mean loads of stuff is 'annoying' but its offense, and for this team, I honestly don't think that anything needs to be fixed, every Mon is needed so as a result in giving you more of an option, rather than a suggested change, if you wanted to take this team down another, less offensive route.

I'm going to suggest to you Defensive TSpiker Garbodor > Golurk and Specially Defensive Rhydon > Ludicolo.

What these changes do is narrow down what you can possibly be weak to. And quite frankly, there really isn't much for me to critique.
I chose garbodor over Golurk due to its ability to check most fighters that don't carry eq (u have Fletch to deal w/ those and Garbodor to scout). Tspikes is really nice since it allows you to pressure an opponent into defogging or manipulating switch patterns to your own desire. Which is key on offense, also some time, you might need something to just, switch in, and thanks to rocky helmet + aftermath, it can get some nice residual damage off where you may have gotten swept by a certain Klinklang etc.

I choose Rhydon over Ludicolo because it gets SR (which we swapt away), manages to check electric mons more easily (I'm looking at rotom, and rotom forms in specific here and it can also check Malamar like you used to in the past. It also provides maybe a more solid pivot switch into Fire type Pokémon like Magmortar, where they can only really hit you w/ HP grass.

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch / Seed Bomb
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Megahorn / Roar

Overall, really really solid offense team (its not even rain weak lol) and I hope you have every success in the future,
Yours in mons,
~HJAD

Last edited:

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Like I told you on Skype, only real change I'd make is trying Superpower on Kabutops, probably over Waterfall because bulky Grounds aren't really a problem for the team anyways. As with every offensive team, you're kind of Kangaskhan weak. Kabutops and Magneton both resist Normal but take loads from Earthquake and can't OHKO Kangaskhan in return, so having that extra push against it as a failsafe is nice. Also helps with Ferroseed, which is annoying for the team because even though you can trap it with Magneton, it still gets walled.

Maybe try Modest over Timid on Magneton as well. I don't think Timid does much for you outside of outspeeding Swellow, which is only that threatening if it's Specs, and even then, it doesn't come in on anything.

Cool offensive team. Reminds me a lot of BW NU offense in structure even though half the mons weren't even NU last gen.

hi Kushalos

solid offense team, its not really weak to anything that major while also being p original so i commend you on that. like we were talking about in skype, kangaskhan is a problem so go with Hollywood's suggestions, since they help the team immensely. It looks like stuff like Tauros could also be really annoying for your team since magnets and fletch are your only ways to revenge it. SD Kabutops also seems problematic since you p much have to hit a focus blast with jynx to revenge it and if you play recklessly with Jynx it p much straight beats you.

The first suggestion i'm gonna recommend is that you just change up your Golurk spread a bit to 252 HP / 116 Atk / 140 Def Impish. this spread lets golurk not be 3hko'd by tauros ZHB 80% of the time, while still maintaining some offensive presence. You miss out on the speed but magnets revenges mawile anyways so its ok. it also lets you kind of check kanga although DE still 2HKO's, if you come in on a fake out you can force it out.

Only other change i'm gonna recommend is just something that i think can't hurt, but its not really that crucial. I think that Timid > Modest on Ludicolo might work better because it lets you rely less on your own Kabutops and hitting a FB with jynx in order to check opposing Kabutops. Really not that big of a deal if you don't change it, but i feel like it would just add a nice security blanket for you.

cool team

: 252 HP / 116 Atk / 140 Def w/ Impish Nature

: Timid > Modest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)