SM OU Let's try this again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! I'm Lotch. I've been a casual Pokemon fan all my life (and when I mean casual I mean super casual). I'm trying to get into a slightly more competitive scene so I thought I'd start here. I decided to build a hyper offense team based off multiple other teams with the same strategy. Here it is! Any criticism is welcome, I need help.

=== [gen7ou] Hyperoffense I ===

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Facade

~I chose Gliscor as my go-to lead. Get the Stealth Rocks, U-turn and go.
~Generally I switch into either Charizard or Azumarill.
~Toxic Orb/Poisonheal/Facade makes Gliscor still a viable threat besides Stealth Rocks and U-turn.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 60 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

~Gengar is kind of a fail safe. If Charizard and Azumarill don't work out, I know I'm probably going to lose.
~He's just a solid Pokemon with good SpA which I take advantage of with Shadow Ball for the STAB.
~Taunt has come in handy for me multiple times. Noteably a really annoying Umbreon.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum
- Defense Curl

~Kind of the main part of this.
~Belly Drum, Aqua Jet, go crazy.
~Sometimes takes too long to setup or the opponent switches into a Grass-type or other counter. Even with 1000+ Atk, that will still usually beat Azumarill.

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Dance
- Thunder Punch
- Heat Wave

~Can take the place of Azumarill as a big sweeper.
~Get in, Mega Evolve, Dragon Dance, Heat Wave/Flamethrower.
~A pretty solid fighter.

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Punch
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Shard

~A speedy attacker who I like to use as a Cleaner.
~Ice Shard can sweep half a team if they aren't well-prepared.
~His Ice typing is a good counter to Dragon/Flying types.

Donphan @ Groundium Z
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 176 Atk / 180 Def / 152 SpD
Calm Nature
- Ice Shard
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

~A wildcard. Mostly got him for Rapid Spin but he's actually been pretty valuable.
~Not sure if this is the best pick here.
~Kind of adds some spunk to the strategy, throws off the opponent.

I'm not good enough to know if the Pokemon you've picked actually have good synergy (though two ground types seems iffy). That said, I do know that most of these sets are simply not good.

I highly recommend using Roost on Gliscor, as it does wonders to keep it healthy. Another option would be to run Landorus-Therian in this slot. If it's a designated lead you're after, this set does the trick pretty well:

Landorus-Therian @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Rock Tomb

Stealth Rock is obvious, Earthquake for strong STAB, Explosion to safely bring in a team mate and also block an opposing Defog or Rapid Spin, and Rock Tomb to lower the opponent's speed before setting up rocks or going boom.

Gengar's physical attack is horrendous, so Sucker Punch has next to no purpose on it. Definitely replace it with Focus Blast. Also, why the hell would you give Gengar, a super frail attacker, a nature that lowers its speed, which it desperately needs? Give it a Timid nature, and give it max special attack and speed for EVs (just plop the remaining 4 EVs in one of its defenses, just not HP).

Azumarill's claim to fame is its high physical attack stat, so Hydro Pump is doing it no favors. Replace it wit Liquidation, which also has a nifty chance to lower the targets Defense, aiding in wallbreaking, or Play Rough, for Fairy STAB. Defense Curl is a useless move. Replace it with Play Rough or Knock Off. Knock Off will help you beat Toxapex.

Flamethrower and Heat Wave are almost identical, so there is absolutely no reason they should EVER be ran on the same set. That said, neither should be run on Zard X, as they don't take advantage of Tough Claws or Dragon Dance. Thunder Punch also particularly useful either. Run Flare Blitz, and then some combination of Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Dragon Claw, and Roost. As for EVs and natures, run Jolly, and move all the special attack EVs into speed. Once again, DO NOT put the remaining 4 EVs into HP.

Weavile doesn't need both Icicle Crash and Ice Punch. Replace Punch with Knock Off, for a strong Dark STAB that also removes items. Weavile's special attack stat is even worse than Azu's so replace Dark Pulse with Pursuit, to trap stuff. I'd also replace Life Orb with a Choice Band for extra power. Finally, to once again fix the EVs and Nature, Jolly, and move the extra 4 into not HP.

Donphan is just bad. Replace it with Excadrill, who is stronger, as a better defensive typing, is faster, and generally doesn't suck.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this. Also, please do not post a second thread if your first one gets locked. You are only allowed to post 1 RMT every 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)